The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-3 Man City - Wednesday 15th February, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.30

Live on Amazon Prime Video

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png        VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
27/01/2023 - Man City 1-0 Arsenal (FA Cup)
01/01/2022 - Arsenal 1-2 Man City
28/08/2021 - Man City 5-0 Arsenal

Recent Form
Arsenal - DLLWW
Man City - WLWWW

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Any idea how I can get a free month's trial to watch this game?

If you login to Amazon, and look into your Prime Membership page, you may have a Free Trial option waiting. If it's been long enough. And shouldn't need to be buying anything to use the free delivery bit.

I'm not sure how it would work if it's a new account.

Arsenal are favourites here, id take a draw right now and look to beat them in April at the Etihad. they haven't been the same team since we beat them in the cup but we are far from our best too, both teams should be up for this and i'm hoping the pressure gets to them. Saka is a worry with us having no decent LB, hope we buy him this summer over Leao, maybe Walker will play on he's side to match that pace, Bernardo covered LB last game from midfield, it was mostly a back 3, i fear Pep might fuck about with a wacky formation again trying to one up he's apprentice. not having Haaland for this game too would be a big blow, just a ball over the top and he'd cause them all sorts of problems like he did against Villa and numerous teams before, he's not just a goal machine he can play too and will only improve that side of his game under Pep

Team wise Foden still looks off form, id like our best CB 's Dias & Laporte in the lineup, Haaland is 50/50 but i think he will play. Stones is out but apart from that, we have a full squad to pick from

For me

Ederson

Walker        - Dias -    Laporte 

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Gundogan - Bernardo

Mahrez    -    Haaland    -    Grealish

BENCH:- Ortega, Ake, Akanji, Lewis, Gomez, Phillips, Foden, Palmer, Alvarez

Haaland trained yesterday, i think he's going to play B|  ...combined teams, was very hard to leave Foden out but he's been off form since scrapping with Cancelo  ...buy Saka this summer then come back for Ødegaard

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Ake

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Ødegaard

Saka   - Haaland -  Martinelli

Top of the table clash here, which is very hard to call. Arsenal have looked the better side for most of the season in my opinion, but they have stuttered of late and they have not won a match in their last 3 competitive matches. Arsenal lost away to Man City not long ago in the FA Cup, at the end of January. Arsenal rested a few players in that match though and so did City, so this match should be a very different affair. 

Interestingly, Man City have been made the slight favourites here by the bookies. But generally speaking, this looks like a 50/50 game and if one team wins here, it could very well go a long way to deciding who wins the title this season. This is the biggest match of the season so far for both of these sides.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Interestingly, Man City have been made the slight favourites here by the bookies. But generally speaking, this looks like a 50/50 game and if one team wins here, it could very well go a long way to deciding who wins the title this season. This is the biggest match of the season so far for both of these sides.

For me it's 60/40 to Arsenal, there home form vs our away form is night and day, we have been crap away from home this season losing at Spurs, Liverpool and robbed at united. just hope we manage a draw at least

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

For me it's 60/40 to Arsenal, there home form vs our away form is night and day, we have been crap away from home this season losing at Spurs, Liverpool and robbed at united. just hope we manage a draw at least

You are probably right, but drawing 1-1 at home against Brentford in their last match, wasn't exactly impressive from Arsenal either. I think that it's their general recent dip in form, after being so impressive previously, that is worrying. But it will be a case of who is able to step up today for this huge match. It's a crucial match for both sides and I think that we will genuinely see what both teams are made of this evening.

22 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Partey is a huge miss for Arsenal.

Why is this on prime? I thought it was only Boxing Day matches that were on there for some reason.

BT showing CL games and Sky showing Middlesborough.

High octane start.

24 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Why is this on prime? I thought it was only Boxing Day matches that were on there for some reason.

Think this game was originally scheduled for October when Amazon had a round of midweek fixtures 

23 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Amazon Prime had the initial rights to this game when it was first scheduled. They had all the midweek games but this one was postponed due to Arsenal needing to fit in a rearranged Europa League tie to PSV.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-3 Man City - Wednesday 15th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived