talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-3 Man City - Wednesday 15th February, 2023

football forum

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

That is not a foul by the goalkeeper is it? Very weird.

Those incidents where a player gets taken out after taking his shot never seem to get given so I was surprised it was. I've always thought they should be given as fouls though. They'll be back to not getting given come the weekend most likely.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I already said it somewhere here on the forum but I'll it again now. 
The mid season world cup played right into citys hands. Created a hectic end of season schedule where the team with the deepest pockets and the deepest bench was always going to have a thick edge. Even just in a game like this the subs city can make are insane, and it's no surprise they have a record of winning the 2nd half this season. 

18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think I already said it somewhere here on the forum but I'll it again now. 
The mid season world cup played right into citys hands. Created a hectic end of season schedule where the team with the deepest pockets and the deepest bench was always going to have a thick edge. Even just in a game like this the subs city can make are insane, and it's no surprise they have a record of winning the 2nd half this season. 

I agree.  Having at least 5 subs you can bring on that are just as good as your starting 11 is a huge advantage. Arsenal have recently bought Trossard who is a very good sub, but other than that they have no bench.  They can't afford injuries or suspensions and competing for 4 trophies tires out you starting 11 if they are playing all the time.

Haaland MoM his overall game tonight was phenomenal ...id like to thank the Premier League for giving us the motivation, it was just the lift we needed lol ..top of the league again, Arsenal still have a game in hand but they have to come to our place yet 

Arsenal definitely missed Partey, Rodri absolutely ran the show in the middle.

But the biggest difference for me was Arsenal looked a striker short tonight.

Felt for Nketiah a bit. I think he's got something about him but I don't think he's quite got the clinical 'one chance, one goal' part to him at this level yet.

Two big chances came his way tonight and if you are a really top level striker, one of those probably goes in.

Not sure you can afford to miss chances like that in games of this magnitude.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah I think this league is officially not far off a Bayern/PSG situation now.

I said that years ago. It's a mechanism of capitalism. There is a 'best product' and it will rise to the top, and when it does it will strangle the competition down.
City have the money, and they make good decisions, both long and short term. Other teams with this money are run by imbeciles (Chelsea and United) and teams with the owners and staff capable of making good decisions (or those who accidentally do sometimes) don't have the money to operate on their level. 
City are like a mix between the long term intelligence of Bayern, and the money of PSG. 

City are winning the league in second gear this season.

I'd go as far as saying they will win the league yet be disappointed in themselves.

Arsenal have imploded, they will drop points at Villa this weekend, its written.

Man City were the better side and they deservedly won. Arsenal had to be at the top of their game if they were to get a result against Man City and Tomiyasu's terrible error that allowed the world class De Bruyne to score, was the worst start possible for Arsenal. Arsenal did well to get the well earned penalty from which they scored from, but ultimately Man City were more creative, especially in the 2nd half. The pressure is now really on for Arsenal now, with Man City now level on points with them at the top of the PL table, but Arsenal do have a game in hand. 

However, City have an excellent team full of talent, with De Bruyne and Haaland for me being their key players. They provide real class in important areas of the field. 

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

City are winning the league in second gear this season.

I'd go as far as saying they will win the league yet be disappointed in themselves.

Arsenal have imploded, they will drop points at Villa this weekend, its written.

The Gunners have lost 3 of their last 4 matches now and they've not won in their last 4 matches. This is in huge contrast to their form prior to this recent rut. They were excellent for most of the season, so I guess they have to really psychologically pick themselves up from this bad spell and try to get back to winning ways.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

arsenal will rue their January signings.  Jorginho is spent and Trossard is not Arsenal or top of prem level

I've never been a fan of Jorginho to be honest, he is too slow for my liking. His general speed levels are slow and he is also slow when he is in possession. Moreover, he doesn't help out enough defensively in my opinion. It's great to be a good passer of the ball, but you have to have much more to your game to be a real success in the Premier League.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-3 Man City - Wednesday 15th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived