talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Valentines day

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never go all out. I just always will grill some nice filets, stream some crab, and a veggie, and we just enjoy a nice dinner at home.

This year I went a little crazy and got her a card and wrote her a rather lengthy letter that just goes over the past 12 years that we've been together.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

This is how I imagine you everytime you see someone with the audacity to smile in public.

Best Throwing Rock GIFs | Gfycat

Seriously now though, that is funny, because I'm usually the one being very smiley when I meet and greet people. 

Just now, Tommy said:

Seriously now though, that is funny, because I'm usually the one being very smiley when I meet and greet people. 

As someone who has virtually known you for a decade, I can honestly say you are a generally happy person, especially as we have grown older.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

As someone who has virtually known you for a decade, I can honestly say you are a generally happy person, especially as we have grown older.

Yea, I think I've had an identity crisis until not that many years ago. But it has gotten a lot better lately. xD

Wasn't even mentioned in the German speaking countries until very recently, same with Halloween. Pisses me off, how enterprises think they needed to implement all, in this case first and foremost commercial, traditions from English speaking countries on us. Even more so, when seeing that indigene comparable (to Halloween) traditions like Hexennacht and children's carnival singing begging tours are dying out.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Me and the wife don't bother about it nowadays, maybe when we first got hitched but that was 40-odd years ago, that (Valentine's Day) is a ghost from the past.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47plecy6dxjgrnfsg3sr

No special kick in the bollocks for old time's sake xD

• Subscriber

Early on in relationships I think its more common here but it varies alot. I dont partake, the future Mrs doesnt care either. I prefer to get her flowers when shes had a down week or a tough day, I dont need a commercialized day to do it tbh. 

• Subscriber

The government gave us some laughs this Valentines Day. The agricultural ministry put a notice out that it was national hug a cow day. Then the internet did it's business, oh my did it do its business. Then they redacted the notice two days before valentines day. The internet of course didn't stop doing its business. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

The government gave us some laughs this Valentines Day. The agricultural ministry put a notice out that it was national hug a cow day. Then the internet did it's business, oh my did it do its business. Then they redacted the notice two days before valentines day. The internet of course didn't stop doing its business. 

You can't just say that, and NOT post any of the internet gems :readthemessage:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

You can't just say that, and NOT post any of the internet gems :readthemessage:

As you wish.

There are other posts but not in English and it really wouldn't hit the same. Although the cows in all those posts really did most of the hitting anyways.

Archived