talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2022/23 Knockout Play-offs - Thursday 16th February, 2023 (1st Leg)

football forum

• Administrator

1200px-UEFA_Europa_League_(football_comp

all kick-offs GMT

Thursday 16th February, 2023
Ajax vs Union Berlin, 17.45
Barcelona vs Man Utd, 17.45
RB Salzburg vs Roma, 17.45
Shakhtar Donetsk vs Rennes, 17.45

Bayer Leverkusen vs Monaco, 20.00
Juventus vs Nantes, 20.00
Sevilla vs PSV, 20.00
Sporting Lisbon vs FC Midtjylland, 20.00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

--------------------Ter Stegen

Koundé  -- Araújo -- Christensen - Balde

---------Kessie -- de Jong -- Pedri

----Raphinha -- Lewandowski -- Gavi 

I'm guessing that will be the team tonight.

Alonso and Alba in for Christensen and Balde. That wouldn't be my choice, but it is a squad game and there are alot matches coming up.

Shakhtar Donetsk take an early lead against French club Rennes. Mykhaylichenko's shot from the left flank was blocked by Rennes keeper Mandanda, but the rebound fell to the youngster Kryskiv who blasted a shot into the roof of the net to give the Ukrainian club the lead!

Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 Rennes

Shakhtar ran out 2-1 winners over Rennes in Poland. A decent result for the Ukrainian team, who will fancy their chances of completing the job in the return leg in France.

Man Utd will be happy with their 2-2 away draw against Barcelona. With the way Man Utd have been playing lately, I think that their impressive form makes them favourites to get past the Catalans in the second leg.

RB Salzburg beat Roma 1-0 in Austria, to give them the advantage going into the return match. Capaldo netted the only goal of the match. While Ajax and Union Berlin drew 0-0 in Amsterdam.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Shakhtar ran out 2-1 winners over Rennes in Poland. A decent result for the Ukrainian team, who will fancy their chances of completing the job in the return leg in France.

Man Utd will be happy with their 2-2 away draw against Barcelona. With the way Man Utd have been playing lately, I think that their impressive form makes them favourites to get past the Catalans in the second leg.

RB Salzburg beat Roma 1-0 in Austria, to give them the advantage going into the return match. Capaldo netted the only goal of the match. While Ajax and Union Berlin drew 0-0 in Amsterdam.

Has Capaldo been any good for Salzburg? When he was at Boca I thought he was very average, nor did I see much potential in him. That's the joy of football where we can have disagreements.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Had to ask the wife "who the fuck is Max Branning from Eastenders?", I try to avoid that show like the Black Plague xD

Did she tell you who it was? 

Archived