talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2023 Predictions League

football forum

• Subscriber

Time to sign up!

@DeadLinesman @RandoEFC @Tommy @Coma @nudge @Whiskey @Stan @OrangeKhrush @MUFC @JoshBRFC @Eco and any newbies welcome.

I don't really see any need to shake up the format this season. The scoring will work as follows:

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 09.00.08.png

I haven't made any changes to the race by race scoring. The biggest change to the season-long scoring is that last season, the team-mate battles were based on the qualifying head-to-head and were worth 2 points each. This resulted in most of these predictions cancelling each other out. As a result, this year we will go for the championship battle between each pair of team-mates, and instead of awarding 2 points for each pairing, 10 points will be awarded to whoever predicts the most outcomes correctly. Just a small change to raise the stakes slightly on this set of predictions.

I'm just making a step toward launching things for now. I imagine most people will want to see some pre-season testing before predicting championship winners etc. For now just let me know if you're in or out so I know who to spam with mentions throughout the year, and I'll post the template for the season predictions when the season is closer to starting. I'm also just going to do everything in the one thread this year as that's what ended up happening last year anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• Administrator
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm in.

My nan passed away recently and she loved F1, my son seems to take a liking to cars and ive always been a casual F1 fan so it's something I want to gain more knowledge about as a hobby to pass on to him in a couple of years.

Sorry for your loss mate. A nice thing to do for your son. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm in.

My nan passed away recently and she loved F1, my son seems to take a liking to cars and ive always been a casual F1 fan so it's something I want to gain more knowledge about as a hobby to pass on to him in a couple of years.

Sorry for your loss. :(

You could watch the Netflix series "Drive to Survive", just don't believe everything you see, especially when they try to narrate a rivalry between two drivers which doesn't exist in real life. But it could help to gain some knowledge. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You could watch the Netflix series "Drive to Survive", just don't believe everything you see, especially when they try to narrate a rivalry between two drivers which doesn't exist in real life. But it could help to gain some knowledge. 

The driver that goes fastest normally...

*lip smack*

... wins the race B|

- Will Buxton

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Oh don't you worry, im well in to that. I'm going to be one of those annoying 'new breed' of F1 fans that have appeared.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Oh don't you worry, im well in to that. I'm going to be one of those annoying 'new breed' of F1 fans that have appeared.

Just don't be a Lewis fan who hates Max or a Max Fan who hates Lewis. I think Netflix brought us too many of those already. xD

It would be interesting to have two people pair up for this season and contribute points as a team, just like in the real F1.  Each pair of predictors will have a team name so you could award a "constructor champion" at the end of the season as well.  Teams could be selected randomly.  

Edited by Coma
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Coma said:

It would be interesting to have two people pair up for this season and contribute points as a team, just like in the real F1.  Each pair of predictors will have a team name so you could award a "constructor champion" at the end of the season as well.  Teams could be selected randomly.  

This could be a bit of fun actually and wouldn't require any extra effort. I'll just count up our numbers and see if we end up on an even number.

• Subscriber

It looks like our field contains @RandoEFC, @Stan, @MUFC, @Tommy, @nudge, @Whiskey, @Eco, @JoshBRFC, @The Palace Fan and @Coma. I'm also assuming we'll see a return from defending champion @DeadLinesman and @OrangeKhrush.

With the only pre-season test complete, it's time to make your pre-season predictions. These predictions and scoring will be as follows - please copy and paste the template at the end of this post to make your predictions.

World Drivers' Champion and World Constructors' Champion: Each of these predictions are worth 20 points for a correct pick, and 10 consolation points if your pick finishes in the top three of the championship.

How Many Different Drivers to Win a Race: 10 points for a correct pick. If nobody gets it spot on, 5 points will go to whoever was closest.

How Many Different Constructors to Score a Podium: 10 points for a correct pick. If nobody gets it spot on, 5 points will go to whoever was closest.

Most Retirements: Anyone who picks the driver (or one of them if there is a tie) who retires from the most races will receive 10 points. Again, whoever is closest if nobody manages this will get 5 consolation points.

Team-Mate Championship Battles: You will pick which driver you think will finish higher in the championship from each team-mate pairing. Whoever predicts the most of these battles correctly scores 10 points at the end of the season. Any team-mate changes throughout the season will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. E.G. if Tsunoda is dropped mid-season because he has 0 points while De Vries has 25, this battle will be awarded to De Vries. However, if Gasly is on 40 points and Ocon is on 45 points, and one of them moves teams halfway through the year or something, this head-to-head will be rendered void.

---

Here we go then, please copy the blank predictions below and fill yours in. The predictions for the first Grand Prix in Bahrain will be posted around Tuesday or Wednesday. The deadline for both sets of predictions is the start of qualifying next Saturday.

World Drivers' Champion

World Constructors' Champion

How many different drivers will win at least one race? 

How many different constructors will score at least one podium? 

Which driver will have the most retirements? 

Team-mate championship battles - which driver will score the most points from each team?

• Red Bull - Max Verstappen or Sergio Perez?
  • Ferrari - Charles Leclerc or Carlos Sainz?
  • Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton or George Russell?
  • Alpine - Esteban Ocon or Pierre Gasly?
  • McLaren - Lando Norris or Oscar Piastri?
  • Alfa Romeo - Valtteri Bottas or Zhou Guanyu?
  • Aston Martin - Fernando Alonso or Lance Stroll?
  • Haas - Kevin Magnussen or Nico Hulkenberg?
  • Alpha Tauri - Yuki Tsunoda or Nyck De Vries?
  • Williams - Alexander Albon or Logan Sargeant?

Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

World Drivers' Champion: Max Verstappen

World Constructors' Champion: Red Bull

How many different drivers will win at least one race? Five

How many different constructors will score at least one podium? Five

Which driver will have the most retirements? Kevin Magnussen

Team-mate championship battles - which driver will score the most points from each team?

• Red Bull - Max Verstappen
  • Ferrari - Charles Leclerc
  • Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton
  • Alpine - Esteban Ocon
  • McLaren - Lando Norris
  • Alfa Romeo - Valtteri Bottas
  • Aston Martin - Fernando Alonso
  • Haas - Nico Hulkenberg
  • Alpha Tauri - Nyck De Vries
  • Williams - Alexander Albon

• Subscriber

World Drivers' Champion: Max

World Constructors' Champion: RB

How many different drivers will win at least one race? 5

How many different constructors will score at least one podium? 5

Which driver will have the most retirements? Zhou Guanyu

• Red Bull - Max Verstappen or Sergio Perez? Max
  • Ferrari - Charles Leclerc or Carlos Sainz? Charles
  • Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton or George Russell? Lewis
  • Alpine - Esteban Ocon or Pierre Gasly? Gasly
  • McLaren - Lando Norris or Oscar Piastri? Landi
  • Alfa Romeo - Valtteri Bottas or Zhou Guanyu? Bottas
  • Aston Martin - Fernando Alonso or Lance Stroll? Alonso
  • Haas - Kevin Magnussen or Nico Hulkenberg? Kevin
  • Alpha Tauri - Yuki Tsunoda or Nyck De Vries? Yuki
  • Williams - Alexander Albon or Logan Sargeant? Albon