• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2022/23 - 17-21st February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Great win! It backs up my theory that we are better at handling the 'bigger' teams this season or those in form and then we struggle against the scrappier sides who are fighting for their lives.

Two home ties and then an easy trip to Southampton to destroy a Premier league club.

Just now, N U F C said:

Purely out of interest, how come you support Ipswich?

I wanted an English team to support a few years ago. First choice was Milwall, but I honestly just drew them from a hat and it made no sense, nor could I get invested.

I tried again later and this time I chose the team from the town my grandparents were from. It is a sloppy excuse but since it's the only team I had some connection with, I adopted them. This time I did get invested, and honestly started supporting them last season before it started. So I lived through Paul Cook and McKenna.

4 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I wanted an English team to support a few years ago. First choice was Milwall, but I honestly just drew them from a hat and it made no sense, nor could I get invested.

I tried again later and this time I chose the team from the town my grandparents were from. It is a sloppy excuse but since it's the only team I had some connection with, I adopted them. This time I did get invested, and honestly started supporting them last season before it started. So I lived through Paul Cook and McKenna.

Fair enough, was just curious.

Seem to be having a good season, very tough league to get out of nowadays.

Just now, N U F C said:

Fair enough, was just curious.

Seem to be having a good season, very tough league to get out of nowadays.

We are actually underachieving because our xG for and against is superior to the rest of the league. Some analysts are baffled as to why we aren't walking the league. As someone who's seen a lot of the games, I can tell you it's because we lose concentration big time once or twice per match and it's usually enough to see us drop points. We are spineless, in other words.

McKenna also pushed the panic button too soon and made mistakes with his lineups, so our best bet will likely have to be Wembley to go back up.

18 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

This generally is the case for a lot of oversees supporters or the fact an International player for that country (much respected and loved plays for a team) we now have a massive following from Zimbabwe because of Muskwe and Nakamba.

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

This generally is the case for a lot of oversees supporters or the fact an International player for that country (much respected and loved plays for a team) we now have a massive following from Zimbabwe because of Muskwe and Nakamba.

My dad supports Leeds and has since the 1970’s, so I could have picked them too. But I wanted my own self identify, so from my point of view Ipswich made more sense.

8 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

My dad supports Leeds and has since the 1970’s, so I could have picked them too. But I wanted my own self identify, so from my point of view Ipswich made more sense.

Sorry if said before when did you make the choice of club, what year?

3 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Sorry if said before when did you make the choice of club, what year?

2 years ago. It's a short time but it's when I began to gain interest in English football. Mostly I am a South American football guy, but I adore the English pyramid and with the upcoming of iFollow I finally had a way to chose a larger universe of teams.

2 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

2 years ago. It's a short time but it's when I began to gain interest in English football. Mostly I am a South American football guy, but I adore the English pyramid and with the upcoming of iFollow I finally had a way to chose a larger universe of teams.

yeah sure, just happy for people to get into football and create their own legacy. I follow is a good way to follow your club and I do use it too as I am a bit busy with work commitments to go to every game and having a tiny ground it sells out fast.

55 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Important goal from Dolan that puts us 1-0 up. Currently puts us in 4th. 

This league is painfully close.

4th, but not really been in the form over the course of the season that you'd expect a 4th placed team to be in. It shows how open of a league it is as everyone, other than a few teams, seem to always be the same. Tough league to get out of.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived