• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 10: Around The World - Episode 2

football forum

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 2 - Antarctica

We're going completely around the world this time. The last "around the world" we did omitted the next continent!

Antarctica | History, Map, Climate, & Facts | Britannica

1. A type of Penguin

2. An Country That Claims A Part Of Antarctica

3. An Island Near Antarctica (or a satellite island)

4. An Antarctic Base

5. An Ocean bordering Antarctica

6. An Antarctic Explorer

7. An Antarctic Glacier

8. A take off point for an Antarctic cruise (you can find this information on tour sites :))

9. Walrus, Seals, Whales or Albatross?

10. An Antarctic Whale Species?

@nudge @Harry @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @Devil @CaaC (John) @Pyfish @Eco

Deadline is Wednesday, February 22nd.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

2. An Antarctic Claim By Another Country

Just to clarify, the answer here is supposed to be the name of the territory that has been claimed by a country?

I'll submit my answers tomorrow, most likely!

Just now, nudge said:

Just to clarify, the answer here is supposed to be the name of the territory that has been claimed by a country?

I'll submit my answers tomorrow, most likely!

Just the country that claims it. So instead of Marie Bird Land, say the country that claims Marie Bird Land. It's much easier that way and doesn't require as much research.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Some of those answers made me cringe. It clearly said that the continent was Europe!!!

Also, I think Fairbanks is just outside the arctic circle, and Nunavut isn't a city. The only other sensible answer was Longyearbyen! (Oh and Norilsk but who knows Russia xD)

I wanted to go with Murmansk, but thought it's unlikely someone else would do it, too xD 

• Subscriber
Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

Just the country that claims it. So instead of Marie Bird Land, say the country that claims Marie Bird Land. It's much easier that way and doesn't require as much research.

Yep cheers, I was unsure if it asked for the territory or the country that claimed it.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

To be honest I can't be arsed researching the answers and you lost me when you mocked people's answers from the last round.

I mean, fair enough on the first reason if you really can't be bothered, but the second reason is nonsense. Part of the game is making fun of each other in a friendly way by some of the answers. That's part of the fun and conversation. No need to take it this seriously :) 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived