The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 24 Fixtures - Saturday 18th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

1-1FT 22 shots, even Haaland missed a tap in lol, embarrassing finishing today, they had  1 shot on target and scored

Shut the club down. You should be ashamed. 

• Subscriber

Don't know what Meslier was doing positioning himself for the cross but fair play to Coleman, looked like that was deliberate.

Massive 3 points for us. Got to hope Leeds and Southampton now manage to mess up their managerial appointments.

• Subscriber

Really bad set of results. I think we'll be OK - I think we've got too many days like the last two in us to go down, but my god it's tight. Nobody is getting left behind at all. Must be some sort of record for how many times a team in the bottom three has won a game.

I don't think either team deserved to win that but to concede so late through an individual error is very hard to take.

I've been producing steam from my ears because of Jordan Ayew's decision to play an ambitious pass instead of retain the ball but after the news he recieved this morning of Christian Atsu I feel uncomfortable seeing how thick the Crystal Palace fans are laying in to him on the pondlife app.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

8 months and still nothing. Just individuals with no direction. 

Getting pretty fed up of looking forward to games in the hope it's the one where we finally click only to be left really disappointed... We can't score for shit no matter what we do or how much we create..  Nothing is going for us at all and I wonder if it's a Potter problem or just too many cooks spoiling the broth... 

• Subscriber

It's happened to Potter for too long now for it to be a coincidence. Is that 3 goals in 9 games, and 2 wins in 14? They're appalling stats I'd expect of somebody like Bournemouth. Probably seems rash to sack Potter but to be honest I don't think he could have any serious complaints. There are no good signs. I've thought a while he may end up here and I'm really not all that enamoured with the idea of it the longer it goes on.

55 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Getting pretty fed up of looking forward to games in the hope it's the one where we finally click only to be left really disappointed... We can't score for shit no matter what we do or how much we create..  Nothing is going for us at all and I wonder if it's a Potter problem or just too many cooks spoiling the broth... 

When we capitulate for simply having either Silva or James out of the team, it's a manager issue. I've been closely analysing Potter for a while now and I'm under the opinion that he just can't coach footballers at this level. Reminiscent of Lampard. Yes we've constructed a new team relatively quickly but it doesn't excuse the fact that for 8 months now we haven't seen an identity. No cohesion in any phase of the build up. Zero understanding in attacking sequences. Virtually non-existent team press. It's yet again a bunch of individuals with no direction.

We are breaking records every match with the lack of goals and wins. 

Really good to get a last minute goal, so much fight in this team. Now to have a 16 day gap between our next match thanks to the World Cup and FA Cup, and of course it’s against Fulham who have 2 games to stay sharp between

• The topic was unpinned

Archived