talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(CL R16) - Liverpool 2-5 Real Madrid - Tuesday 21st February, 2023 (1st Leg)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A few weeks ago, if you'd have said we were going to get anything in this game I'd have said probably not but the way this team is slowly finding its rhythm coupled with it being a home game I am going to say we actually put a fight up here and walk away the victor too. 

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

A few weeks ago, if you'd have said we were going to get anything in this game I'd have said probably not but the way this team is slowly finding its rhythm coupled with it being a home game I am going to say we actually put a fight up here and walk away the victor too. 

We not only have to win, but I’d say by at least two goals. Really have to make home advantage count going into the second leg or else we are knackered. 

This Real team is very beatable if you can slow down Vini. When he isn't able to create chances, Real have a very difficult time moving the ball down the middle and/or right side. If Vini starts to do his thing though, the whole field opens up.

I'll also throw in that Real might be in trouble as they are still battling for a La Liga comeback, and this weekend is El Derbi between Real and Atletico, so they certainly have a very difficult week ahead of them.

Good luck Liverpool

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I think it helps that Van Dijk is back. 

I'm still dreading this. Real Madrid in Europe is about a million worlds away from Everton adjusting to a new manager & Newcastle in their own bad spell of form.

I think we only have a chance if Anfield is rocking and Madrid somehow implode like we've seen in the past where big sides sort of melt at Anfield. But Madrid are probably stronger mentally than any other team tbh... especially in this tournament. Meanwhile Madrid are also one of the clubs that even in years where we've been brilliant... they just seem to have our number in the tournament.

On 21/02/2023 at 01:55, Eco said:

This Real team is very beatable if you can slow down Vini. When he isn't able to create chances, Real have a very difficult time moving the ball down the middle and/or right side. If Vini starts to do his thing though, the whole field opens up.

Real Madrids midfield belongs in a fucking museum is why. 

• The title was changed to (CL R16) - Liverpool 2-5 Real Madrid - Tuesday 21st February, 2023 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived