talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who do you think are going to be the next world cup winners?

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Endrick makes it, he will be 20 in 2026. It looks bleak for South America since Argentina's best players might be too young. Uruguay and Brazil will be better bets. The good thing is Europe always struggles in World Cup's hosted on this side of the Atlantic. The only Europeans I can see winning it are Germany (who in my opinion suffered from a lack of experience in 2022) and France.

France will be one of the favorites.

I think England, Argentina, Portugal, and Belgium will see a decline.

Spain will be very interesting as they have such an exciting group of young elite players.

If Italy can make it they might be very dangerous.

4 minutes ago, Eco said:

France will be one of the favorites.

I think England, Argentina, Portugal, and Belgium will see a decline.

Spain will be very interesting as they have such an exciting group of young elite players.

If Italy can make it they might be very dangerous.

I still don't consider Portugal a football giant or traditional football nation, to be honest. They are having a golden generation and will have to convince me by staying at this level a few more years. Same with Belgium but that one isn't an uncommon opinion.

2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I still don't consider Portugal a football giant or traditional football nation, to be honest. They are having a golden generation and will have to convince me by staying at this level a few more years. Same with Belgium but that one isn't an uncommon opinion.

Maybe not a giant, but they were significant enough to do really well, and even winning the Euros.

I just don't think they will be feared as much as they have in years past.

Just now, Eco said:

Maybe not a giant, but they were significant enough to do really well, and even winning the Euros.

I just don't think they will be feared as much as they have in years past.

Just for the record, Peru had been to more World Cups than Portugal before Ronaldo debuted. The Euros win definitely raises them above the pecking order, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. If they maintain this expectation of going to every WC and Euro and maintaining a world class squad in a few years, then I think I can start calling them that. For now they are another Chile for me.

6 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Just for the record, Peru had been to more World Cups than Portugal before Ronaldo debuted. The Euros win definitely raises them above the pecking order, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. If they maintain this expectation of going to every WC and Euro and maintaining a world class squad in a few years, then I think I can start calling them that. For now they are another Chile for me.

I just said that they are on the decline, and a lot of that is that CR is getting older, Bruno will be 4 years older, and I'm not sure how their upcoming talent can take them to the next level. It has nothing to do with history, just the talent they have and the upcoming talent in the works.

Just now, Eco said:

I just said that they are on the decline, and a lot of that is that CR is getting older, Bruno will be 4 years older, and I'm not sure how their upcoming talent can take them to the next level. It has nothing to do with history, just the talent they have and the upcoming talent in the works.

That is why I brought my point up, because I agree. It would be nice to be wrong as I do like new teams being established as "powerhouses", but for now I don't see them like that.

3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

That is why I brought my point up, because I agree. It would be nice to be wrong as I do like new teams being established as "powerhouses", but for now I don't see them like that.

Oh I don't either.

Italy is a country I would imagine most would consider a 'powerhouse' yet they haven't MADE the past 2 World Cups, and haven't progressed from the Group Stage since they won it in 2006.

Brazil have got to win it again eventually and France just keep churning out more talent, so hard to look past either of those.

Outside of them, maybe Spain might be in a better position to win it. Should love the conditions too, so wouldn't write them off.

Archived