talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023

football forum

All that is left is the result for the history books now. The folklore has already been made for our city. It is alive, the emotion and experience, the jubiliance, the excitement, the togetherness, the bond, we are at the start of the 2nd resurrection of Newcastle United in 30 years. The result may edit the words in the story but the emotion and purpose of football is already written.

This morning I've thought of those I've lost in my life who were there for the first resurrection. How they would have loved today. How the stories, the values and the traditions they created back then carry on through to us today. 

We may be gutted later. We may be sick for a day. But we've had a journey together that binds us to each other. That forms the story of our community for years to come.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

All that is left is the result for the history books now. The folklore has already been made for our city. It is alive, the emotion and experience, the jubiliance, the excitement, the togetherness, the bond, we are at the start of the 2nd resurrection of Newcastle United in 30 years. The result may edit the words in the story but the emotion and purpose of football is already written.

This morning I've thought of those I've lost in my life who were there for the first resurrection. How they would have loved today. How the stories, the values and the traditions they created back then carry on through to us today. 

We may be gutted later. We may be sick for a day. But we've had a journey together that binds us to each other. That forms the story of our community for years to come.

I had said around October that the world cup year was a chance at a EPL cup run,  some teams may not focus on it and while I didn't see going all the way,  it was probably our best chance to do something.   It has been a surreal ride and hopefully the fans hope to win but don't get dejected if not.  Hopefully there will be more finals in the years to come,  though right now its nice to savour this opportunity.    If we are to win,  I think Tyneside will be on party mode until at least Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I've heard that Ten Hag downplayed Newcastle via a presser? Bad move if so. Considering Newcastle has Almiron on their ranks, very unwise to wind up a Paraguayan.

Wouldn't say he downplayed us. Said we were 'annoying' to play against.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I've heard that Ten Hag downplayed Newcastle via a presser? Bad move if so. Considering Newcastle has Almiron on their ranks, very unwise to wind up a Paraguayan.

Guessing it's only because there's a South American on their books that it's a bad move?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

I know Paraguayan football, they hate being trash talked and take it upon themselves to use it as motivation.

I didn't say you didn't xD. Just you made the connection that because there was allegedly downplaying (there wasn't) that the only reason they'd pay for it is because they have a Paraguayan on their books...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I didn't say you didn't xD. Just you made the connection that because there was allegedly downplaying (there wasn't) that the only reason they'd pay for it is because they have a Paraguayan on their books...

That's what you interpreted for it. Almiron was Newcastle's best player early in the season and it came from literally nowhere. That's why I said it. If he was a player completely out his depth, I wouldn't have said it, but I don't feel he is.

There's a reason people here say to never rule out the Paraguayans, trust me it's not because they are very good.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

That's what you interpreted for it. Almiron was Newcastle's best player early in the season and it came from literally nowhere. That's why I said it. If he was a player completely out his depth, I wouldn't have said it, but I don't feel he is.

There's a reason people here say to never rule out the Paraguayans, trust me it's not because they are very good.

It's literally what you said without mentioning anything else about the Newcastle squad but okay. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's literally what you said without mentioning anything else about the Newcastle squad but okay. 

Newcastle have some players I find interesting, and I don't even think Almiron is the most 'naturally' talented either. I personally think Saint-Maximin or Guimaraes have more sustainable talent-to-form (for lack of a better term). I do know that Paraguayans hate being publicly trash talked and will go out of their way to humiliate whoever does. I've seen it happen time and time again. Garra Guarani is very real, and I admire them for it because I don't find them that good at football.

There are many players who shut off to criticism (and I mean coach to player critiques, not even just fan pressure) and also many players who are indifferent to it. Almiron strikes me as your typical Paraguayan who always tries to work as hard as possible and is fueled by fire. 

• Administrator
Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

Newcastle have some players I find interesting, and I don't even think Almiron is the most 'naturally' talented either. I personally think Saint-Maximin or Guimaraes have more sustainable talent-to-form (for lack of a better term). I do know that Paraguayans hate being publicly trash talked and will go out of their way to humiliate whoever does. I've seen it happen time and time again. Garra Guarani is very real, and I admire them for it because I don't find them that good at football.

There are many players who shut off to criticism (and I mean coach to play critiques, not even just fan pressure) and also many players who are indifferent to it. Almiron strikes me as your typical Paraguayan who always tries to work as hard as possible and is fueled by fire. 

You also make it sound like Almiron was personally attacked xD 

Newcastle haven't even been downplayed anyway.

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived