talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Great result, pretty awful second half.  United just shut Newcastle down, let them play with the ball a lot, but not a lot of good Newcastle chances.  I don't think I have ever seen so many defensive midfielders and centre backs on the pitch at the same time for United.

Long wait for a trophy, hopefully the first of many for ten Hag .

I was never really worried during the game. I thought we'll have a passage and a few chances and beg them.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering United won everything throughout my childhood its difficult to be happy for them to win something, but here I am, glad Man Utd won this final xD

Ten Haag is doing a terrific job and I hope the title challenge next season will be between 4 very good and determined sides.

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Fair play to Man United, contained us well even though I don’t think we’ve been at our best. Not quite enough in the final third.

As Lucas said, too many players not quite good enough.

On another note, reading this thread means my financial contribution to this forum ends after this month.

Chin up mate, you will have more days like today and come home with a trophy or two.

I've just read the thread, what's upset you to pull the plug on your contribution?

Buzzing to win a trophy after 6 long years, that said we are Manchester United. Its won, its time to look beyond this trophy and start looking at the next. 

Bigger and better things ahead, was brilliant to see us win again, even if I had to do it feeling like shit.

3 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Weghorst is genuinely the best example of a systematic World Cup wonder (who truthfully was only good in one game there).

I feel it's unfair to put James Rodriguez and Enzo Fernandez in that bracket, who are genuinely talented.

ETH is a world class manager, he doesn't need to start Weghorst every match but he does. 

Why, because he can see the value his work brings to the rest of the team. He got an assist today and worked his legs off.

He's a far better player than some are giving him credit for. 

12 minutes ago, Devil said:

ETH is a world class manager, he doesn't need to start Weghorst every match but he does. 

Why, because he can see the value his work brings to the rest of the team. He got an assist today and worked his legs off.

He's a far better player than some are giving him credit for. 

That's fair enough mate :) 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Anything you stop financing, I will pay in double. 

Just thought it's a good time to mention that NUFC has been financing my lifestyle with 5k every month...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

There was nothing harmful about our argument mate. Sure I was calling you out for acting like a dick, but in general I just saw it as respectfully clarifying some misunderstandings. It's really curious...

I know there wasn't anything harmful :)

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I know there wasn't anything harmful :)

It just feels a bit shitty whenever I argue my case, be it respectful or not (this time it was definitely with all due respect), it gets deleted and the bait does not. That's not a dig at you Stan as we've definitely talked it over well. It's a dig at the person who deleted it, who to me is blatantly obvious.

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

Fair play to Man United, contained us well even though I don’t think we’ve been at our best. Not quite enough in the final third.

As Lucas said, too many players not quite good enough.

On another note, reading this thread means my financial contribution to this forum ends after this month.

Don't bother with this month either.

If people want to help pay for the server costs, that's fine. If people don't want to help, that's fine too.

Using your financial contributions as some sort of statement in an argument is just weird and unwelcome.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Weghorst is genuinely the best example of a systematic World Cup wonder (who truthfully was only good in one game there).

I feel it's unfair to put James Rodriguez and Enzo Fernandez in that bracket, who are genuinely talented.

Guess you watched him play at AZ, Wolfsburg, Burnley, and Besiktas then, sincve you make such a well-founded statement? It's mesmerizing how you always moan about Europeans judging South-American footballers by their International games performance without considering their domestic form, yet do the same with Europeans by only 1 tournament. It really is.

Thought it was really harsh when the commentators were implying Karius was at fault for the goal. He'd correctly anticipated Rashford shooting low and moved his body weight to deal with it when it took a freak deflection which left him really stranded. I had a feeling they were trying to push a goalkeeper "error" because it's Karius and had the same thing happened to De Gea, nothing would have been made of it at all. Had it not deflected and gone in, he'd have "not got down quick enough".

I thought he actually played well, he gives a shit (unlike some) and is one of the few players whose career seems to be utterly defined by one horror of a game, even if it was a final.

United deserved to win overall, Newcastle had a lot of huff and puff but United managed it brilliantly.

As a Spurs fan, in regards to Ten Hag, I feel like that character in the Avril Lavigne song, Sk8er Boi.

We tag along, stand in the crowd and look up at the man we turned down...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Thought it was really harsh when the commentators were implying Karius was at fault for the goal. He'd correctly anticipated Rashford shooting low and moved his body weight to deal with it when it took a freak deflection which left him really stranded. I had a feeling they were trying to push a goalkeeper "error" because it's Karius and had the same thing happened to De Gea, nothing would have been made of it at all. Had it not deflected and gone in, he'd have "not got down quick enough

100%. Neville and Carragher got that totally wrong. Karius could do nothing. 

They didn't seem too enamoured that he made a very good save from the Weghorst shot, and probably emphasises your thoughts of the agenda they have that they almost wanted him to make an error to satisfy themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Guess you watched him play at AZ, Wolfsburg, Burnley, and Besiktas then, sincve you make such a well-founded statement? It's mesmerizing how you always cry about Europeans judging South-American footballers without considering their domestic form, yet do the same with Europeans by only 1 tournament. It really is.

Sorry but you can't compare Weghorst's career to James Rodriguez and Enzo Fernandez. I am definitely not calling him a bad player, but James was world class before 2014 and he was after it for a bit afterwards right before he decided to become an absolute cunt of the highest order. Enzo has shined at all his clubs so far, James was great at Monaco, Banfield and Porto before.

What I'm saying is so many people go on about how World Cup stars don't last because they are "one-tournament wonders" and want to live off the Kleberson example, and yes it's true that players get more recognized at an international tournament, especially the biggest one, but that doesn't mean that all they are all Kleberson. At least for me the signing seemed weird because I didn't rate him at Burnley and he truthfully only played well against Argentina in a very systematic manner.

Fair play to him for doing better than expected.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Sorry but you can't compare Weghorst's career to James Rodriguez and Enzo Fernandez

He didn't do anything of the sort, to be fair. 

Been drinking all day.

Apologies.

Is annoying after a cup final loss to come on and see the derogatory comments towards Newcastle but it does help knowing they’re coming from fans of clubs who are more likely to be in the Championship before they make a cup final.

Goodnight 

Just now, Stan said:

He didn't do anything of the sort, to be fair. 

I did though. Perhaps my post was a bit forced, happy to hold my hands up. Don't think it warranted that reaction though.

The one point that still stands though is that people have used James Rodriguez, Weghorst and Enzo in the World Cup wonder agenda, and try to live off the Kleberson or Hadji-Diouf example, and I disagree with that and was just trying to raise that one point.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Fucking hell it's a football forum, get a fucking grip people.

I wouldn't have thought a Manchester United win would result in all this drama.

You should have seen the carnage when you beat Chelsea in Moscow mate. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived