talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023
  • Administrator
Just now, Fusion said:

All I am praying for is we won't get the Paraguayan angry and then he decides to win the game on his own...

Maybe the anger hasn't kicked in yet xD

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

Weghorst is genuinely the best example of a systematic World Cup wonder (who truthfully was only good in one game there).

I feel it's unfair to put James Rodriguez and Enzo Fernandez in that bracket, who are genuinely talented.

Who is saying Enzo is a World Cup wonder?

Fair play to Man United, contained us well even though I don’t think we’ve been at our best. Not quite enough in the final third.

As Lucas said, too many players not quite good enough.

On another note, reading this thread means my financial contribution to this forum ends after this month.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I can't help but feel the next time Newcastle get to Wembley, their side is going to look remarkably different.

So many players that do not have the ability to take them to the level they want to go.

I would say we have over achieved,  most of us predicted a top 8ish finish,  we have played well to get to where we have but in terms of quality to many players are not quite at that level.    

Great result, pretty awful second half.  United just shut Newcastle down, let them play with the ball a lot, but not a lot of good Newcastle chances.  I don't think I have ever seen so many defensive midfielders and centre backs on the pitch at the same time for United.

Long wait for a trophy, hopefully the first of many for ten Hag .

• The topic was unpinned

Archived