talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2022/23 - FINAL - Man Utd 2-0 Newcastle - Sunday 26th February, 2023

football forum

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Carabao Cup is a silly name. Makes it sound like the English try to be Brazilians or something. 

Ultimately, it's just a sponsor :what:. Not a good one, mind.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil said:

Maybe you could have done with a workhorse like Weghorst up front for you, the absolute dogshite player you told me he was when he signed.

I hold my hands up to you about him, I did not think he would hit it off at his age and he has proved me wrong, he may not have been popping them in but his work rate is spot on and his assist yesterday helped in Rashers goal, seeing him after the match kneeling, smiling and looking at the United supporters singing and whatnot was nice to see as if he was saying "I am fucking glad to be here with supporters like these."

download.png

• Subscriber

There no excitement in Neville's voice at full time because his dick is deep in the arses of Liverpool and City. I don’t think he is over the fact that his bum boy Ole was sacked.

a classic case of come a long way but the road to the top is a very long one yet.  

the way I see it of our regular starting 11:  

pope, trippier, Botman, Bruno, Joelinton and Isak are good enough to start and be the backbone of the project.

Schar, Burn, Targett, Longstaff, Willock, ASM, Almiron, Wilson are squad/sub level players for now

Lacelles, Ritchie, Lewis, Murphy, Fraser, Manquillo, Dummett are at the end of the line and their time is coming to an end.

I have not added Anderson, Ashby, Kuol as they should be on loan and Gordon is to new to asses though he is probably good enough to be part of the core.

the difference in substitutions is the real gravity of the divide we need to bridge which will need a season or two.  Fred has played about 500min this season, in contrast our midfielders are running up to 3000 minutes and look absolutely run down.

time to put the big boy pants on and fight, let's not turn this season into a successful failure circa Apollo 13, a cup final and 7th/8th would be a kick in the nuts

2 hours ago, Machado said:

Back in the days the Newcastle vs Man United match threads were some of the best.

I'm glad we're trying our best to bring that back.

Back in the old TFF days where a Newcastle defeat would mean 5 Geordies would wish owners, players and referees to die in a house fire while deepthroating a chainsaw, good days!

Congrats to United for a deserved win and the trophy. Under Ten Hag they truly improved it is undoubtable. Only downside is that everything United wins and achieves the English media drags forever. It is a major trophy yes, but the "least" from the four available. Making everything bigger than it is, when we won the UCL it was less appreciated than this.

However this is nothing against Manchester United, just the biased media.

Toon fans had a Wembley day out, team didn't do so well but a great season for the regardless. Think with a bit more depth with signings in the summer Newcastle can again repeat a successful season.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Congrats to United for a deserved win and the trophy. Under Ten Hag they truly improved it is undoubtable. Only downside is that everything United wins and achieves the English media drags forever. It is a major trophy yes, but the "least" from the four available. Making everything bigger than it is, when we won the UCL it was less appreciated than this.

However this is nothing against Manchester United, just the biased media.

Toon fans had a Wembley day out, team didn't do so well but a great season for the regardless. Think with a bit more depth with signings in the summer Newcastle can again repeat a successful season.

We have been discussing the need for depth.    Man United can bring McGuire (good or bad), Linderlof, Mctominay, Sancho, Wan Bissaka, Malacia, Szibitzer, Garnacho of the bench,   we could only bring Murphy and and a 19 year old with next to no development time. 

Passed some names around and while they wont be priority players,  if the right price can be had they add depth and some experience to the team.    Kieran Tierney, Connor Gallagher, Christian Pulisic, Scott Mctominay just a few of them though the price has to be right most of them are surplus to requirements where they are. 

I hate to look like I’m defending anything to do with Utd, but what we’re people expecting of Weghorst? He’s come in and done exactly what is expected, and that is working hard for the team and helping other better players around him. And he’s on loan, so it’s hardly a fortune of money spent on him is it? Weird criticism’s when the alternative is a right lazy bastard like Martial. 

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

a classic case of come a long way but the road to the top is a very long one yet.  

pope, trippier, Botman, Bruno, Joelinton and Isak are good enough to start and be the backbone of the project.

Schar, Burn, Targett, Longstaff, Willock, ASM, Almiron, Wilson are squad/sub level players for now

Lacelles, Ritchie, Lewis, Murphy, Fraser, Manquillo, Dummett are at the end of the line and their time is coming to an end.

I have not added Anderson, Ashby, Kuol as they should be on loan and Gordon is to new to asses though he is probably good enough to be part of the core.

the difference in substitutions is the real gravity of the divide we need to bridge which will need a season or two.  Fred has played about 500min this season, in contrast our midfielders are running up to 3000 minutes and look absolutely run down.

time to put the big boy pants on and fight, let's not turn this season into a successful failure circa Apollo 13, a cup final and 7th/8th would be a kick in the nuts

That's exactly how I'd see it too.

Saint-Maximin could be genius if he had an end product but sadly he doesn't.

I think you miss something not having a natural LB to charge forward like Trippier does, I'd say that should be a top target, along with a creative midfielder and another forward.

You need someone different to Isak IMO, a predator in the box and I think you need more creativity. Obviously Maddison would be a great signing for you there.

8 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the difference in substitutions is the real gravity of ythe divide we need to bridge which will need a season or two.  Fred has played about 500min this season, in contrast our midfielders are running up to 3000 minutes and look absolutely run down.

You will need the Saudi's to open up their wallets if you want 6 new starters.  With the prices for top players you may need to spend like Chelsea has the last two windows

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not the same thing. 

Is Carabao even sold in the UK? It's a terrible sponsor because when I first saw the new name for the league cup, I thought "what the fuck is that?" Then I googled it and saw it was some Taiwanese energy drink that I'd never seen sold anywhere in my life. Maybe we're not the "target audience" for this sponsorship... even though it's British football.

The only good thing about this sponsorship deal is I can say things like "I don't Carabao this cup" tbh

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Carabao even sold in the UK? It's a terrible sponsor because when I first saw the new name for the league cup, I thought "what the fuck is that?" Then I googled it and saw it was some Taiwanese energy drink that I'd never seen sold anywhere in my life. Maybe we're not the "target audience" for this sponsorship... even though it's British football.

The only good thing about this sponsorship deal is I can say things like "I don't Carabao this cup" tbh

It's Thai, not Taiwanese 😭 Carabao is also a prominent Thai rock band that own part of the company. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's Thai, not Taiwanese 😭 Carabao is also a prominent Thai rock band that own part of the company. 

Whoops, tbf I googled it a long time ago and Taiwan and Thailand have similar sounding beginning names to their countries xD

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Whoops, tbf I googled it a long time ago and Taiwan and Thailand have similar sounding beginning names to their countries xD

I'll buy a can of it tomorrow and post a picture for reference xD 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You can get it in certain  supermarkets but its not taken off despite the sponsorship of the league Cup.

9 hours ago, Rick said:

I hate to look like I’m defending anything to do with Utd, but what we’re people expecting of Weghorst? He’s come in and done exactly what is expected, and that is working hard for the team and helping other better players around him. And he’s on loan, so it’s hardly a fortune of money spent on him is it? Weird criticism’s when the alternative is a right lazy bastard like Martial. 

He just doesn't sound sexy enough for Top 6 or 4. And there'd probably have been more excitement if he'd gone from Wolfsburg to Man United, without the Burnley & Turkey visits inbetween.

And there does seem to be some kind of global shortage of proper goal scoring number 9 strikers.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived