• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: LaSambadeStGermain

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What countries have you visited so far? Which ones did you like best?
What kind of music do you listen to? Your top 5 bands/singers?
Most favourite football moment ever?
What would be your ideal 3-course dinner?
Best thing about living in Peru?
Worst thing about living in Peru?
Any pets?

42 minutes ago, nudge said:

What countries have you visited so far? Which ones did you like best?

Loads of countries, if I had to name them all of the top of my head not counting Peru and Canada

USA, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, France, England, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Malta. 

I'm going to get a lot of stick for this, but the one I liked best was between Costa Rica and England

What kind of music do you listen to? Your top 5 bands/singers?

I listen to just about anything really, my 2 favourite genres though are Britpop and Latino pop. I also enjoy Brazilian samba, Colombian reggaeton, and any type of rock that goes from classic to modern. I guess I'll categorize my favourite bands and singers seperately. In terms of bands, my favourite are Blur. The accents mixed with songs about British stereotypes, I absolutely love it. My favourite from them is Coffee and TV, brilliant little music video and extremely catchy. I also like Girls and Boys, For Tomorrow, Chemical World, Beetlebum and Parklife.

I also like Gorillaz, you can tell I'm a Damon Albarn fan. I also like Queen, Kasabian and Coldplay.

As for singers, my favourite and most favourite out of any band, artist etc. is Diego Torres. He's Argentinian and his music always gets to me. His messages are just so beautiful mixed with great instruments and excellently executed lyrics. My favourite is Tal Cual Es. I also like Usted, Dejame Estar, Color Esperanza, Donde Van, Guapa, Que Sera and Penelope.

Can't forget the King of Pop either. I don't like American music much, but Michael Jackson was just something else. I never get sick of his music. I'm a bit boring because my favourite is Billie Jean and Thriller, same as everything else. His 80's music was the best, got worse as time went on but he was still very good in the 90's, with They Don't Care About Us being my favourite there.

St Lucia, Notorious BIG, and Juan Luis Guerra are also there. Honourable mention to J Balvin and Maluma.

Most favourite football moment ever?

Honestly, I couldn't name one. There are too many. So I'll name 3.

Leicester winning the Premier League was special. Sure, I was a neutral. It showed though that money hasn't completely taken over and achievements like that could still be made. I'll admit I'm a rugby fan, but there are little surprises in that sport. I don't want football to become like that.

Universitario winning the title in 2013 playing to nothing was also special. A title win is a title win.

Lastly, Universitario winning the Apertura in 2016 against Cristal was special. I'll never forget Edison Flores' bicycle kick goal that sealed it. Sure it wasn't a trophy, but that was the best Peruvian League side in my lifetime. Had Ruidiaz and Flores not left mid season, that trophy at the end of the year was ours. I'll leave a link below to the goal.

What would be your ideal 3-course dinner?

If by that you mean opener, meal and dessert, then its a tough one because there is so much in Peru that is worth bragging about when it comes to food. Papa la Huancayina, Arroz con Pollo (Rice with Chicken) and some Brownies as dessert.

Best thing about living in Peru?

So much to like. I live in Miraflores, arguably the best area in the entire country, never mind just Lima. Firstly, I live right beside the ocean with a balcony, which is always a lovely view. I'll also include a picture of the sunset taken right from there. The people here are very friendly and outgoing, but being a journalist, I have to go with the Football. Sure, its not the highest standard locally but there is pretty much always a competitive game going on. Whether its youth football or in the Copa Peru. I know most countries are like this, but not all have relevance where as in Peru if you go to youth games, you might see them in the league later. If you go to the Copa Peru, it may be only the next year where you see the team get promoted to the Primera. 

Worst thing about living in Peru?

The Traffic! The pollution has never bothered me much. I guess I'm just used to it. Also the crime, Lima is a violent city. But apparently these days its no worse than Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro. I'm very careful though, I have been in some scary areas and with me being white, it puts me in more danger in those areas (discrimination is a huge issue in Peru). Just have common sense though and you'll be fine. The traffic is a bitch though. If you've been in Mexico City or Bogota, its like that. I always pick the best hours to go visit my cousins who live a bit further in the city, that way I'm not stuck in 2-3 hour traffic for a 30 minute ride.

Any pets?

Nope, my cousins have a small dog but I don't have a clue about breeds so I can't tell you what it is.

Thats the goal that won us the title, and as for the sunset picture, its right below

5a14cf9c791dd7076005f7371657e9b1.png

Seeing as your a latin...  Have you ever stolen someone's wallet?

Do you pay your taxes?

Have you ever sold cocaine or any other illegal substance?

Are your family involved in a cartel?

Have you or any of your family members ever tried to jump the US border?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the stuff I want to ask you...

Apart from Napoli, what other European football club do you like to see do well?

What do you think about Spaniards in general, Spain, the Spain national side and Spanish football clubs...?  Be honest!

Apart from the football stuff you've told us about...  What do you do for a living?

How old are you?

What do you think about North Americans...?  Again be honest!

I'll think about some more questions for later.

51 minutes ago, Anton said:

Favourite forum members?

I don't see this as a competition, I like most people on here no more no less, but if there is 2 I had to pick as favourites its Dan and Nudge.

What do you like about the a-league? What don't you like? 

I follow the A-League a bit, not as closely as I would like because of time zones, but I like the amount of goals and the entertainment value it provides. I like the style of play and most importantly, Timmy Cahill is there!!! As for what I don't like, there isn't much really. Well not much that bothers me, but if there was one flaw its the lack of a relegation system. It holds the league back a bit in my opinion as there is nothing to play for if you have a bad early run.

26 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

What car do you drive? Do you have insurance?  

I don't drive a car. I had a chance to get my license last year but I wasn't too interested in driving. I only wanted it because I was living with my grandmother and she had a car, so I was trying to get it so I could visit my girlfriend more easily, who lived a decent distance. Unfortunately, we broke up and I lost interest in driving again, but I'm starting to want it again.

17 minutes ago, Eco said:

How bad would Atlanta United run the Pervian league? 

I hope "Pervian League" wasn't intentional haha

While I think that the Peru NT is better than the USMNT, I can't say the same about our league, so I think that Atlanta United with Tata Martino would probably win it. If they had a manager here in Peru though, they'd do just as well as the top teams. We have talent, but management has been a huge issue in the league.

• Subscriber

Oh cool, I never knew you've been to Cambodia! Did you only go to Angkor Wat or did you visit any other places? How did you like it here?
If I can try only one Peruvian dish, which one should I choose?
Other than football and rugby, do you follow any other sports?
Favourite German team (if you have any)?
Best book you've ever read?

That sunset pic is nice!

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Seeing as your a latin...  Have you ever stolen someone's wallet?

Hahahahaha no mate, I'm no criminal

Do you pay your taxes?

Not yet mate, I'm not quite there yet. I will have to start this year though, as I just got my first paid job a few days ago which I'm starting in August.

Have you ever sold cocaine or any other illegal substance?

Are your family involved in a cartel?

Have you or any of your family members ever tried to jump the US border?

I'll answer these 3 separately with a no.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the stuff I want to ask you...

Apart from Napoli, what other European football club do you like to see do well?

I don't watch THAT much European football. I mean I do, but not as much as the rest of the world. I just can't get into it unless there is a player I like. Serie A is the only exception and even they at times put me off, unless its Napoli.

To answer your question though, I'd probably say Liverpool. My uncle has always been a Liverpool fan where as my Fathers team in England has been Leeds since a young age. I took after my uncle since they were the team in the Prem at the time when I followed the league. Nowadays, I couldn't care for them but that doesn't mean I don't have a soft spot for them. 

What do you think about Spaniards in general, Spain, the Spain national side and Spanish football clubs...?  Be honest!

Aside from it being impossible to understand their accents, Spaniards are great people, and they were when I visited Spain.

As for the football side of things, well I haven't kept up with the Spanish national team in a bit. I know they finally have found their touch but we'll have to see them at the World Cup and not just against sides like Albania for instance, also in the upcoming game vs Italy. They have great players though and continue to have the most depth out of any football team in the world. Great U21 side as well, I know they made the final but to me it was a failure that they couldn't win that tournament as they were just vastly superior to everyone else on paper.

Spain in general has always been an underachieving nation, but as for the clubs they've always been strong. There has been good and bad times but that happens to every league doesn't it? Real Madrid are considered the biggest team in the world for something, and Barcelona have had excellent players. One club I have a soft spot for is Bilbao, as they have a very strict philosophy and still manage to do well. Villareal, and Atletico Madrid have had nice teams as has Valencia. At this current moment, they are the best league in the world by a good distance.

Apart from the football stuff you've told us about...  What do you do for a living?

I don't think I can answer that. Not because I don't want to, but because I really don't have much of a life outside of football. Before I used to go party with my friends and socialize with them a lot, but I've been really focused on my job and getting my career going. Writing about football, doing podcasts, etc. I do watch other sports as mentioned earlier, but nowhere near as much as football. I do play some video games that are different and non sports related, but thats about it. I guess I'll say I socialize with my family quite a bit.

How old are you?

I am 19 years old.

What do you think about North Americans...?  Again be honest!

Depends. All people are different. If we're talking stereotypes, I don't like Americans much but again it is a 300 million population. It would be extremely silly to say I dislike them all because of the ones I have met or seen on the news. Between the 3 big nations, I think Mexicans are my favourite people and that's because they are most similar to Peruvians.

I'll think about some more questions for later.

18 minutes ago, nudge said:

Oh cool, I never knew you've been to Cambodia! Did you only go to Angkor Wat or did you visit any other places? How did you like it here?

As much as you'll hate to hear this, yeah just Angkor Wat

I didn't like the streets much, but the outskirts of the town were nice. I liked the wildlife and the temples of course. Our tour guide was great and honestly I can say I liked it. It was a trip to Singapore, Cambodia and Vietnam and I think Cambodia took the cake for the one I liked the most.

If I can try only one Peruvian dish, which one should I choose?

There is way too much for me to recommend. Papa La Huancayina is a must for the pre-dish. For the main meal, go for some Ceviche.

Other than football and rugby, do you follow any other sports?

Basketball, I don't follow it as much though as when I was in Canada. I've lost interest since I moved back to Peru.

Favourite German team (if you have any)?

I don't have a specific favourite German team but there have been a lot of Peruvians in the past decade, so I usually want those to do well if they are playing. Wolfsburg can get fucked for not playing Ascues though.

Best book you've ever read?

Not much of a reader like many of my generation, but the 2 best were Fever Pitch and Lord of the Flies.

That sunset pic is nice!

36 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Not much of a reader like many of my generation, but the 2 best were Fever Pitch and Lord of the Flies.

You should consider yourself an honorary Arsenal fan mate!

It's good to hear and I baptise you as a fellow Gooner!  Just tell me when you want me to send you the Arsenal bible so as to be able to do your confirmation. ;)

49 minutes ago, Cannabis said:
  1. Mrs. Cannabis and I are planning on leaving Europe to one side in regards to holidays and are looking at South America and the Caribbean. Sell Peru to me, why should we visit? 
  2. Myself, @SirBalon, @Batard, @Spike and @Tanksie arrive at your house with an inflatable sex doll, a ridiculous stash of crystal meth and a fully grown stallion. How does the night progress? 
  3. I know you love football but what is your experience in actually playing the sport? Have you ever played for a football team in your youth and what memories/achievements can you elaborate on? 
  4.  @Teso dos Bichos arrives at your house naked with a large cake and a sign saying ''Sorry Brian, I take it all back''. Do you forgive him or throw the cake in his stupid Mexican face? 
  5. Seeing as you're from South America what age were you when you killed your first victim in a drug deal gone wrong? 
  6. Why has @Stan failed to respond to any of my naughty pictures on Snapchat? 
  7. What has changed in regards to the Brian that was on TotalFootballForums and the Brian that we see today on TalkFootball365?
  8. In 20 years time what will the Peruvian National Team have achieved? 
  9. Why is AFF such a wank forum?
  10. My last question is too rude to post in this thread. Check your PM's and let me know what you think?

1. Lots of things, first things first go to Cuzco. Thats the closest city to Machu Pichu which is a must when you visit Peru.

Other places I'd recommend, of course go around Lima which isn't the most touristy but there is still lots to see and you can use that as a gateway to visiting other city's. Like Ica, which has Huacachina. An Oasis in the Ica desert. Right by there is Nazca, which is where you can see the Nazca lines from a plane. I haven't actually been to Nazca so I couldn't properly recommend it to you, its apparently a shithole but you may be interested in the mysterious Nazca Lines which is known worldwide, along with Machu Pichu.

There is also the jungle, I've never actually been but its the Amazon, which should speak for itself. The most well known cities are Iquitos, Puerto Maldonado and Pucallpa. All sorts of wildlife, including Jaguars, Spider Monkeys and I think Tucans.

However, the must in Peru is the food. Go to traditional restauraunts when in the provinces AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, you won't regret it. Try Papa La Huancayina, Aji de Gallina, and Arroz con Pato. They are all musts.

2. Too violently for even an X rated film to continue on xD

3. I have got to be the worst footballer player on the planet. I have a decent footballing plan per game, but I have no physique and and no technique, also awful positioning and marking. I always played at school anyways but I was one of those kids that you should never pass the ball to because you knew he'd slow the team down. 

My brother plays football and is much better than me. As for memories, well the last time I played for a team was when I was 7, so I don't really have any.

4. I'm a very forgiving person, and maybe if he had clothes on I'd forgive him. I'll just throw that cake back in his face and let him prove his apology :)

5. Haha, South America is a very violent continent but we all know that I'm no criminal. I was born right after the terrorism in Peru ended.

6. I couldn't tell you, but I can say that if you give him an ultimatum, he may reply to you with nudes of his own. Make him jealous

7. Well I think that's for you to judge. I think I have changed a lot over the years, and for the better. However, this doesn't mean I'm without flaws. I have flaws like everyone else and I can acknowledge it. Some people may like me, others may not. I only have time for those that do and I guess that's the main difference that I myself have noticed.

On TFF, I was a complete twat. I tried too hard to gain respect after losing them all but I went around the wrong way and impatiently which obviously just made me sink deeper. I don't know if my permanent ban was deserved, but I definitely needed months off and in the end I got years. It worked all well I think.

At the end of the day, I was only 16 and yeah I was too immature even for that age, but these things improve with age nevertheless. Despite my issues, I've always seen myself as a right minded person.

8. That's impossible to predict. Peru always has loads of potential and most of the time the individuals throw it away. I certainly hope we have a generation like the one Chile currently have, we're capable of that as we always come out with talent. Unfortunately we're hindered by not having a football name so our best bets is to perform well in the Libertadores and the Copa America to get the players marketed. The latter isn't a problem, as we've progressed from the group stages every time since 1995. 

I think we have to keep doing what we are doing. We're looking for different plans and methods in youth development. Now we have to see if it will work, which I think it will. It will take time but reaching just 1 world cup in the next 20, it will be a success. 

We have won the Copa America twice, so right now most of us are bothered to reach the world cup. However, we will take any trophy as it comes. We are a great tournament team so I do think we have the possibility of winning the Copa. I don't think we will do it, but we're much better in a knockout then a league, which is what the qualifiers essentially are.

So to sum it up, I can't say how this "Plan Centenario" will work. I am optimistic, so I guess I'll say in the next 20 we'll qualify for 1 or 2 world cups. If there is one thing I am sure of though, we will continue to produce the talent. Currently in 2017, the important thing is getting our manager Ricardo Gareca a contract renewal, as he's the best manager we've had this century.

9. I'm not going to go and call it a wank forum, but its hardly a football forum (no pun intended). Its a regular socializing forum with football fans on it. Most only follow domestic football and if you post about other football and talk to yourself people try to ignore it. I didn't end well on there but I basically looked for my ban that way my OCD would stop tempting me. 

I do like a couple members on there, but it was a mixed bag. No names in the "members I didn't like" category to avoid controversy, but I liked Storts, Stevemaniacs, Mouse, SMIGFan and Toony.

10. Not falling for that ;)

54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You should consider yourself an honorary Arsenal fan mate!

It's good to hear and I baptise you as a fellow Gooner!  Just tell me when you want me to send you the Arsenal bible so as to be able to do your confirmation. ;)

The book actually inspired me to write an autobiography about me and Peruvian football. I gave up both times I started, but some day I'll get the commitment to finally get it done.

28 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'd like my fully grown stallion back now please

So inconsiderate from your part, Batard. How do you expect the poor guy to go collect water from the river and lead his goats without it?

• Administrator
Just now, Berserker said:

So inconsiderate from your part, Batard. How do you expect the poor guy to go collect water from the river and lead his goats without it?

Zero fucks given. I want my horse. I get lonely at night.

• The topic was pinned
On 7/24/2017 at 7:42 AM, Spike said:

Why do you thivk Peruvian food has become a thriving niche market in the Anglosphere?

Peruvian food isn't mentioned in the "best food in the world" category in the Anglosphere, which is a shame because its arguably the best food country in the world.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Are you or any of your friends in a Peruvian flute band. 

Most of them are from Lima, so no xD

I do have a friend who lives in Huancayo but I doubt she is part of a flute band.

• This topic was locked and unpinned

Archived