18/09/2021 - Liverpool 3-0 Crystal Palace

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - DDLDD
Liverpool - LWWLL

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Harvey Elliott on for Keita. He will bring a fair bit of energy to the midfield and hopefully create some more chances.

(Definitely typed this before Sky Sports just said the exact same thing on the comms)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm surprised people expected him to play. Anderson's shithousing set him back two months. It's better to let him focus on other matches.

I totally forgot about that xD

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Class of Sky to put this on at 7.45. I'll be back from the ABBA concert in time for kick off.

Gimme gimme gimme a goal for Mo Salah, won't somebody help my captain get double points...

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool - Saturday 25th February, 2023

I was pleased. Guehi and Anderson showed they're a really good partnership and did an excellent job. Lokonga has fitted in well and makes our midfield more functional. Olise was our most threatening player. Mateta bullied the defence well but the finishing unfortunately just wasn't there.Five points in six games given our fixture run is a very good return. When you've got Jurgen Klopp on the touch line chewing through his latest set of veneers like an angry man on crack you know you're doing something right.

On a side note Darren England once again was dreadful. He gets star struck whenever he refs a game against the greedy six and in an ideal world where the quality of refereeing is sub standard as opposed to abysmal his ceiling would be league two. How Naby Keita, Joel Matip and Jordan Henderson got away with multiple fouls after being on a yellow card is a sad indictment of what you're up against when you have a referee this poor against a big club. Fabinho came on and almost immediately committed two bookable offences. James Milner is another one who would have received two yellows if we had a competent referee. Liverpool had a free run because of him. What was he doing telling Trent to focus as opposed to booking him when he kicked the ball away as if he was a coach? Why did he give Liverpool a free kick when Allison dropped the ball? Blowing for full time when we had a corner after two minutes of delay just summed him up.

• Subscriber

A lot was left to be desired from so many players on our side yesterday. Harvey came on and I think he was either nervous or just had no positional awareness because his passing was absolutely horrendous. Our midfield kept getting cut open consistently and we were honestly lucky that they didn't score because we saw what happened when Real did the same thing.

I also don't completely understand how this defense turned into what it turned into because they all showed glimpses yesterday that they are very good at defending but its at key moments that they lose focus and allow mistakes to happen. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived