talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New kid on the block

football forum

19 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

My favourite Dane is Olympic champion Victor Axelsen. I'm sure you recognize him :) 

I've actually met 👀

3e1ced44dd05fa2e88a9bdc63828d23c.png

Is that you with him? I'm not the biggest badminton fan but did watch the Olympics.

Just to answer you point about the 'strangeness' of me following a smaller team it was in the mid nineties my Dad took me to games I have lived over here for a long time but have been back for work as I have family still in Randers and we are Freja fans (for our sins) but I don't get angry when my teams lose.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Devil said:

Welcome @Juniper

A Danish, Bundesliga fan who also supports Luton Town. That's an interesting combination!

I have already stated above I have no knowledge of the Bundesliga but obviously in reply to members above I would be interested in finding out, maybe out of common curtesy. 

Thankyou for the welcome.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Juniper said:

2/3 weeks in the can?

No, not in a can xD

They recycled them from the pot on the breakfast/dinner/tea trays, and the beans left over would be re-potted and used over again for up to 3 weeks, you could always tell they were old beans reheated by the taste and they looked like roasted peanuts.

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

No, not in a can xD

They recycled them from the pot on the breakfast/dinner/tea trays, and the beans left over would be re-potted and used over again for up to 3 weeks, you could always tell they were old beans reheated by the taste and they looked like roasted peanuts.

Sounds yukky, sorry that is not good. So no one got food poisoning?

42 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I have already stated above I have no knowledge of the Bundesliga but obviously in reply to members above I would be interested in finding out, maybe out of common curtesy. 

Thankyou for the welcome.

I apologise, I thought you said you were a Bundesliga fan.

Out of interest what's the connection with Luton Town?

22 minutes ago, Devil said:

I apologise, I thought you said you were a Bundesliga fan.

Out of interest what's the connection with Luton Town?

It is stated above but (without my life story) Dad supported them because he (we) are Randers fans and Lars Elstrup signed for them (my dad knew him from those days (not hard with such a small club and city) and for me it has always stuck and considering I was taken to Luton games so it more or less stuck but they signed other Scandinavian players but it just felt I knew where to go, I have gone to other matches not involving Luton. I have also worked in Manchester but sadly not able to make any matchday but would love to do a lot of english grounds.

It isn't unusual for Danes to follow the Bundesliga considering the distances and soft border. But I am not living there currently, but we do get the English matches on TV alot. 

2 hours ago, Juniper said:

Is that you with him? I'm not the biggest badminton fan but did watch the Olympics.

Just to answer you point about the 'strangeness' of me following a smaller team it was in the mid nineties my Dad took me to games I have lived over here for a long time but have been back for work as I have family still in Randers and we are Freja fans (for our sins) but I don't get angry when my teams lose.

Yup! He stopped by for a tour in North America and Toronto was one of his destinations. I bought the meet and greet pass.

13 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Yup! He stopped by for a tour in North America and Toronto was one of his destinations. I bought the meet and greet pass.

I hope he was nice to you, that friendly Danske persona we have must have come through.

Not the violent Viking tendency to do naughty things! 

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I hope he was nice to you, that friendly Danske persona we have must have come through.

Not the violent Viking tendency to do naughty things! 

Yep! Denmark are a powerhouse in Badminton. My favourite last Olympics was Momota but as soon as he got knocked out I knew the medal would go back to Denmark with Axelsen.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Is this your first time on a football forum @Juniper? How did you find us?

It is my first time and through google search but found a couple unappealing (a bit angry and intensive when reading through the pages) this one seemed okay and liked the NO Karen or ken's. 

21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would rather kiss someone with marmite on their lips than watch that old shit.... 

Yes we would all prefer to do that even though Marmite is disgusting. But many modern TV shows can be considered the same.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Cazza Amor was fantastic though. Compelling viewing.

To you maybe but people who like a bit more substance in their TV program it is a bit shallow, just from what I have seen in trailers. Just not my cup of tea.

• The topic was locked

Archived