Gillingham vs Bradford
Harrogate vs Northampton
Tranmere vs Crawley

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yeah, we're not getting anything here.

After hearing Robinson is out for at least 5 games, it'll be difficult to get much out of this game. Unless one of Kaba's overhead kicks somehow end up in the back of the net.

1-0 Norwich

Words you have spoken the past 2 matchdays, and both resulted in 3 points for Cardiff.

I see what you're doing. 😄

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

After hearing Robinson is out for at least 5 games, it'll be difficult to get much out of this game. Unless one of Kaba's overhead kicks somehow end up in the back of the net.

1-0 Norwich

I remember you saying that before and you did Birmingham 2-0? Norwich have not been great, beaten the teams they should but always second best to anyone of quality so, depends if the Cardiff that won those games turns up?

We should win in theory, because MK Dons are rubbish, but our away form is also that. Only game I feel we played alright recently was away to Burnley in the FA Cup, which we also lost. 

Haven't won away since mid-November, which doesn't feel that long ago but December's are an eternity in this league!

I would honestly start Ladapo. I feel he gets slated a bit unfairly.

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

That isn't an ugly ground, damn.

No but sadly mostly empty, I have no clue why such a large stadium was built for such a small team?

Ambition yes, but maybe build the team with a decent infrastructure first? Don't think they have ever used the upper tier.

Just now, Juniper said:

Hope not, look what happened to them. Such a sad end. The stadium is still there but the club have long since gone.

The one thing I learned is that decently sized clubs or teams with a loyal fanbase truly don't die. They just reappear as a phoenix club. Hereford, Darlington, etc. Of course it doesn't quite have the same history but I understand the people who try to merge them as if nothing happened.

It's happened in Peru with Juan Aurich, I THINK Rangers in Scotland was an example, doesn't seem to be too clear if they are truly a phoenix club or not, if I'm correct I think no. If that one doesn't count, the best example in the world is probably Belenenses in Portugal.

Ukraine also has plenty of examples.

Just now, Goku de la Boca said:

The one thing I learned is that decently sized clubs or teams with a loyal fanbase truly don't die. They just reappear as a phoenix club. Hereford, Darlington, etc. Of course it doesn't quite have the same history but I understand the people who try to merge them as if nothing happened.

It's happened in Peru with Juan Aurich, I THINK Rangers in Scotland was an example, doesn't seem to be too clear if they are truly a phoenix club or not, if I'm correct I think no. If that one doesn't count, the best example in the world is probably Belenenses in Portugal.

Ukraine also has plenty of examples.

The issue here is generally they reform (as a phoenix club) but have to start at the base of the pyramid and in England it is a long way, guideline support and stringent means testing (for adequate owners) should be implemented, without fail. Darlington could not afford that stadium and thus went under through debt accumulated through an owner who was not fit for purpose.

Just now, Juniper said:

The issue here is generally they reform (as a phoenix club) but have to start at the base of the pyramid and in England it is a long way, guideline support and stringent means testing (for adequate owners) should be implemented, without fail. Darlington could not afford that stadium and thus went under through debt accumulated through an owner who was not fit for purpose.

Oh for sure, in England they have no mercy. The backing usually is the clubs saviour though. 

Ukraine and Peru feels a bit easier, starting in the 3rd tier. Especially with the latter, the 3rd tier gives promotion to the top flight, or it was that way until last year.

Just now, N U F C said:

The MK Dons stadium is fantastic in fairness.

It has a hotel that goes right around the ground too which I've stayed in a couple of times whilst I've been down there working.

In a country where I feel most of the grounds look similar, MK Dons has a bit of a different feel. That's due to the colour they used for the seats I reckon. It's just a bit more photogenic for me.

8 minutes ago, N U F C said:

The MK Dons stadium is fantastic in fairness.

It has a hotel that goes right around the ground too which I've stayed in a couple of times whilst I've been down there working.

Not denying that but in terms of them filling it for football is a bit slim, my point is a club should get it's off field football matters in line first before they build a stadium, just feels like grandeur. Constructing a stadium to fit the fan base over time as they increase their influence would have been better and then maybe some of the assets could have been put into the playing staff to build a better squad. 

8 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

In a country where I feel most of the grounds look similar, MK Dons has a bit of a different feel. That's due to the colour they used for the seats I reckon. It's just a bit more photogenic for me.

It really doesn't, Huddersfield is different in terms of new (ish) grounds many are just soulless boxes.

2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

It really doesn't, Huddersfield is different in terms of new (ish) grounds many are just soulless boxes.

Yeah that does look different, to be fair.

England's ground architecture has a certain charm to it for sure and I understand why they are all built the same, but it does take away from club identity

45 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Not denying that but in terms of them filling it for football is a bit slim, my point is a club should get it's off field football matters in line first before they build a stadium, just feels like grandeur. Constructing a stadium to fit the fan base over time as they increase their influence would have been better and then maybe some of the assets could have been put into the playing staff to build a better squad. 

Yeah I see what you're saying, was only commenting on my experience with it.

I watched them play Wimbledon when I was down there a few years ago and it was only about a quarter full for that.

On 23/02/2023 at 18:41, Bluebird Hewitt said:

1-0 Norwich

Well this has gone worse than expected.

2-0 Norwich. This game is over.

40 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Yeah I see what you're saying, was only commenting on my experience with it.

I watched them play Wimbledon when I was down there a few years ago and it was only about a quarter full for that.

I agree that football clubs need to find ways to increase their revenue, and a hotel attached to the stadium is ethical. But they (everyone) should consider facilities and other aspects before building the 'big' stadium which they could never fill. 

• Subscriber

Happy with our result. 2-2 against the league leaders is a fantastic result for us. We were leading for most of the game so it's a little disappointing it wasn't 3 points but I'll definitely take the single point. Backs up what I was saying last week about always playing better against the better teams who don't just sit back to grind a result out.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived