football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 13.30 (GMT)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png        VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
14/08/2022 - Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham
23/01/2022 - Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham
12/01/2022 - Tottenham 0-1 Chelsea (EFL Cup)

Recent Form
Tottenham - WLLWW
Chelsea - LLDDD

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Chelsea are awful.

How much longer can they back Potter?

1 goal in 6, and 2 wins in 15 I think it is. That's very poor for the amount of money they've thrown around.

I'm hoping they keep him until 11th March. But having said that, they'll probably bag points that day and keep him in a job xD 

Seems as though we are entering every game hoping for a point on the assumption we can stop the opposition from scoring but it doesn't matter if they score in the 5th or the 55th minute we are fucked as we have no way to put it right.. 

We are lacking in every department which begs the question about whether or not Potter has had a say in any of these signings or not?? If he has then he is showing he is not up to the job but if not then he is still trying to find a winning combination and turning a bunch of individuals into a cohesive unit..

As things stand though we are looking like a 600Mill Championship side, and a mid table one at that... 

There's £600m worth of talent in this team, and I haven't seen a Chelsea side in my lifetime so devoid of any attacking intent. 

Unfortunately I think Boehly is digging his heels in and doesn't want to publicly admit he got the Potter appointment wrong.

Not finishing Top 4 next season could genuinely lead to financial ruin according to SwissRamble. 

Not sure what Clearlake/Boehly are waiting for exactly as the more we prolong with Potter the further away we are from accomplishing that. He's doing more damage than good atm and now the likes of Felix and Enzo are regressing and matching the standard of the rest of the players. This is AVB levels of zero direction football. 

Interim until the rest of the season and get a head start in finding a permanent manager with Vivell/Stewart involved. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 26th February, 2023

Absolute car crash of a club, fans blame Potter but tbh they’ve just been a financially doped shit show for years. Relying on top professionals or good managers to drag them out of their descent into the farcical.

Ironically think they need to give Potter much more time, think Arteta and Arsenal, dumping that many players on him was ridiculous and shows what a Rich Idiot they have in charge now Roman’s gone. What was needed was a root and branch rebuild, a strategic plan, they won’t through they’ll give in to that section of their fan base that blindly think they have a divine rite to win everything and sack him and patch and the mess will carry on. 

It is hilarious to me that by the end of the Abramovic ownership Chelsea were leaning more towards one marquee signing a season and academy players, they were looking far more like the other wealthy English teams still tossing around the cash but in a more ‘responsible’ manner, but now with Bogly or whatever the fuck they went straight back to the 2003 model. What a joke! 

Of course they still did stupid shit like rebuying Lukaku but it was once a season not four times.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The Arenal & Arteta benchmark or that Potter needs pre-season excuse will always make me laugh. 

It isn’t excuse. Sometimes people need time, sometimes they don’t. There are many examples of a coach succeeding instantly, and many others of a coach needing time to get things into order.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

It isn’t excuse. Sometimes people need time, sometimes they don’t. There are many examples of a coach succeeding instantly, and many others of a coach needing time to get things into order.

Typically for the latter to occur you will need to see signs of improvement, not 7 months of continuous regression. The notion that 5 matches in the United States is where things will turn around is something I will brush off. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived