talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How far do you live from your club's stadium?

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

https://lt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FK_Drobė_Kaunas

No English version I think. A proper factory club, my grandpa played for them, and I literally knew 90% of the team back then xD

Lithuanian Bayer Leverkusen :o xD Did the factory close and the club with it? I couldn't find anything about it's demise except that it was in 1996. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Lithuanian Bayer Leverkusen :o xD Did the factory close and the club with it? I couldn't find anything about it's demise except that it was in 1996. 

Pretty much, just with 100x less money xD the club folded long  before the factory. My whole family worked there, two generations 😅

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Pretty much, just with 100x less money xD the club folded long  before the factory. My whole family worked there, two generations 😅

It says that FK Drobe Kaunas won the Lithuanian League title in 1955 and that they won the Lithuanian Cup in 1953 and in 1962. Was your grandpa a part of the team during this period?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Michael said:

It says that FK Drobe Kaunas won the Lithuanian League title in 1955 and that they won the Lithuanian Cup in 1953 and in 1962. Was your grandpa a part of the team during this period?

That wiki article actually conflates two clubs into one. The club that won all those titles was called Lima (another factory team) and it was merged with Drobe (my grandad's factory team) at some point in the 70s, so the achievements are listed there under Drobe, but it is actually Lima's... Drobe were always playing in lower tiers until the merger, my grandad played there from late 50s to mid 60s, and I'm pretty sure they haven't won anything. Like ever xD 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I also keep track of Dortmund as I class that as my German team I follow because I lived in Dortmund during my army days.

13 hr 46 min (768.2 mi) via A1 by train, plane or car.

Scotland to Dortmund 13h 46min by plane? Do they have a stopover at Bejing?:ph34r:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Scotland to Dortmund 13h 46min by plane? Do they have a stopover at Bejing?:ph34r:

Could have something to do with taking a plane on the A1. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be honest buddy the last time I was in a plane was 1975 when I left the army xD

I only added a plane in for the sake of it, I would love to go by train tbh, as the last time I traveled by train to Germany was around 1974

I was going back on leave from Scotland with my wife, it was a lovely journey that started off from Edinburgh to Hull, then a ferry across to Rotterdam and then a train journey from there to Dortmund, I can't remember how long it took but I love train journeys. 

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...