Do you like Discord?

football forum

Discord, do you like it?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Discord?

• Yes
    • No

• Subscriber

It wasn't unusable and I still contributed but I used to read a lot more on here than I did on discord. I only originally had discord because I used to get notifications for arbitrage bets.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think running the two side by side could end up being a bad thing. You're going to get camps of members who prefer Discord posting on there constantly and the forum lovers will post mainly on here.

The novelty of going between the two will wear thin and both platforms will see a huge downturn in posts.

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

I actually think running the two side by side could end up being a bad thing. You're going to get camps of members who prefer Discord posting on there constantly and the forum lovers will post mainly on here.

The novelty of going between the two will wear thin and both platforms will see a huge downturn in posts.

Can't see the issue here, since the way I understood it a good portion of discord channels will be cleared, so that discord will only be an add on and I don't remember the forum losing members because we had an additional twitter acount. Of course only my personal opinion.:)

9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can't see the issue here, since the way I understood it a good portion of discord channels will be cleared, so that discord will only be an add on and I don't remember the forum losing members because we had an additional twitter acount. Of course only my personal opinion.:)

I didn't know channels would be removed, what channels would they be then?

That isn't very fair if I'm honest on people who are enjoying using Discord.

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

I didn't know channels would be removed, what channels would they be then?

That isn't very fair if I'm honest on people who are enjoying using Discord.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but seem to remember something in this sense without knowing any further details.

• Subscriber
On 01/04/2023 at 16:14, Devil said:

I don't think it will buddy, the likes of all the football prediction games from what I heard from the creators will move back into here as it is a lot easier than Discord playing them yet the likes of the Mafia Games and the F1 threads will more than likely stay in Accord as from what I have heard they are better in there.

So in all, really, members will go back and forward and doing whatever and it will balance itself out, I have set my tabs above on my bookmarks in order of preference for me which is 

• FF365
  • Discord
  • Facebook
  • MSN Mail
  • Google Mail
  • Virgin Mail

So I don't think we will lose members in here, the likes of Cicero, DDW, Gunnersaurus will more than likely post back in here and the long time members that vanish for months like Berserker and then return to here.

On 31/03/2023 at 18:58, CaaC (John) said:

I will get wee Kaiden giving you a game of chess.  xD

20191016_145111.jpg

Would love to play him, I've started teaching chess locally. 

Been nice way to combine my biggest hobby and get some extra spending cash. 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Devil said:

Time will tell, but I don't think it's going to be a bad thing. Our experiment with Discord showed that there are some things that work better here and some things that work better on Discord. If you've got a hammer, everything looks like a nail, so I'm inclined to believe that having two options for connecting depending on need isn't going to be a problem. I don't think it has to be a one or the other. There is some content that works that much better here however matchdays, F1 race days, responsive competitions work that much better on Discord. The two platforms will become complimentary to each other. 

21 hours ago, Devil said:

I agree with that 

On 01/04/2023 at 00:43, Viva la FCB said:

Discord was fine, just hard to keep up with sometimes. I do definitely prefer the forum setup so no complaints here :)

Yea the only problem with Discord for me was keeping up with everything. In the forum I just go to the activity stream, and it shows me everything unread.

I do like that Discord is smoother, looks nicer, and it's easier to keep a conversation there. Totally different platforms in the end.

For the long run I think the forum is better to keep the community together and attract new members.

17 hours ago, Machado said:

For the long run I think the forum is better to keep the community together

Funnily enough I think the community grew closer in a matter of weeks on Discord than it has on the forum for years. People seemed to open up more, conversations seemed a lot more casual etc. 

• Subscriber

Both have their pros and cons for me. The instant nature of Discord works a lot better for 'live' discussion such as match chat and stuff. Whereas the forum is better for the more structured discussions and debates.

Discord is a social platform. Imagine being me, living on the opposite side of the world, and being awake while you lot are all asleep and vice versa. Any points I make or conversations I aim to have are buried in activity by the time I come back to them, and the new threads and mentions are a cunt to navigate. 

This forum is perfect for my use. I missed it a little. 

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Discord is a social platform. Imagine being me, living on the opposite side of the world, and being awake while you lot are all asleep and vice versa. Any points I make or conversations I aim to have are buried in activity by the time I come back to them, and the new threads and mentions are a cunt to navigate. 

This forum is perfect for my use. I missed it a little. 

It was a strange thing not hearing from the likes of you and Cicero when this place closed down and Discord was the main platform for TF365, now it all seems back to normal now we are up and running again, glad you are still around. :)

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

A bit of mayhem in our block of flats atm, the private landlord has rented his flat out to a load of Ukrainians to do with refugees because of the war, and the guy downstairs under the flat above is a nervous wreck with all the noise, screaming, shouting, singing, music blaring out all hours, police came again last night with all the noise, feel sorry for him and his son as he has work early in the morning, 

But do you like Discord?

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Tommy said:

I really like it. 

Why shouldn't anybody who joined not like it, I still go in there and play the US State Game with @Panflute and still have a scan of the forums but to be honest I still get lost trying to find things, in here, we have a search function and I use that if needed.

At the end of the day it's who likes either of both, its their choices, but we are all members and plod along as normal, TF365 & Discord.

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

I really like it. 

Yeah it's good. 

Suits me to chill with a flowing conversation when relaxing in the evening.

Shame a few more didn't take to it, I enjoy posting on both platforms so it's open to others to do the same.

Archived