• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stranger Things

football forum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Loving all of the spoilers - glad I binged it all before popping in to discuss!

On 10/07/2019 at 17:04, Cicero said:

In the minority’s here, felt it was very good. Better than the 2nd season for sure. 

Oh god yeah, it was so much better than Season Two for sure. Didn't have a weird episode in the middle this time that made no sense either - looking at you episode 7.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Oh god yeah, it was so much better than Season Two for sure. Didn't have a weird episode in the middle this time that made no sense either - looking at you episode 7.

Yeah people being dicks in this thread. 

11 hours ago, Pyfish said:

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Someone put in the feedback thread a spoiler tag button to be integrated in the post format screen 

Sorry for the spoilers. I think it's now become a habit from the GOT thread where we freely discuss things without worrying about it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, I decided to to a complete rewatch of the whole series and it’s made me appreciate it a hell of a lot more than I did. 

Season one was a brilliant mystery, properly hooked us with the 80’s nostalgia. Season two expanded the world and developed these characters while bringing in a terrific villain. Season three expanded the scope even more but still managed to feel like a horror, some very scary visuals in this season. 

Season three is the weakest of the three for me, but it’s still fantastic and it gave me the biggest laughs I’ve had. I think that, just like Hopper’s letter at the end, I wanted things to stay the same. Seeing these kids grow up so quickly between seasons takes some of the charm away from it. I’m a little bit fearful that season four will try to be TOO big, and will lose the brilliant intimate small town feel the show has thrived on. Hopefully whatever they do, it works.

But...season three did have much more Carla Buono, which is always a good thing :x

Oh, and I still hate that episode in Chicago from season two. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Anyone watching this series finale? It’s fantastic. 

Funny enough our son paid us a visit yesterday and he mentioned this show and said it was bloody good so me and the wife have bookmarked it for a look and watch.

Archived