talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Forum Returns

football forum

• Subscriber

Subscribed :) only right I also do my bit considering I'm here most days and I'll be in the Discord too for any of the 'live' stuff. Always feel the match chats work best in that kind of environment and then summary/post-match discussion kind of chat on forums.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why is hardly anyone not posting now that this place is re-opened? Do all the old members know its up and running again?

Because some people still use Discord.

It needs to be one or the other open for me but it’s not my decision.

24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why is hardly anyone not posting now that this place is re-opened? Do all the old members know its up and running again?

Probably need to shut discord down to herd them back over here  ..P.s Bellingham has been playing shite recently and Dortmund players been having  ago at him, bit worrying  ..what's this about Klopp going to Madrid? 

13 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Probably need to shut discord down to herd them back over here  ..P.s Bellingham has been playing shite recently and Dortmund players been having  ago at him, bit worrying  ..what's this about Klopp going to Madrid? 

It's just some kind of sick joke mate lol

4 hours ago, N U F C said:

Because some people still use Discord.

It needs to be one or the other open for me but it’s not my decision.

I think they both have their place for our community. I definitely don't agree with shutting the Discord down.

Imo, I think the Discord needs a bit of a cleanup - but I think in the long run it's good for the community having the discord because it's a much more dynamic platform. It's just not the same as a forum - which is why it's good having the forum back too. The forum's definitely easier to follow and it's easier to reference back to discussions that were had. Discord's a much more interactive social experience because there's more real time discussion - so it can be a lot more conversational.

They both have pros and cons. We're still in the early days of having a Discord server, let alone having both a forum and a discord at the same time - there's going to be some growing pains as we figure out the best ways to implement having both. But in the long run, I think having both is the best move for us as a community.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I think the forum will get back to what it was when Discord is tidied up and the main topics of discussion are filtered back onto here.

The problem right now is we have so many duplicate threads across both formats that it doesn't encourage everyone to post in one place.

Personally, I think both can co-exist fine.

The Discord probably just needs to be streamlined so its primary use is for things that require instant messaging like Mafia Wars, Quizes, Football watch alongs, Pub off topic, Mental Health (which is nice as it remains private) etc, whilst the forum takes emphasis for the more thought provoking Football opinions and other stuff.

Couldn't have summed it up any better if I tried.

• Subscriber

I prefer longer posts when it comes to football anyway really so it's a good idea to keep the shorter stuff on discord and the longer stuff for here.

Feel like I should copy and paste this about 20 times into this post so that this one isn't considered to be a total contradiction.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You'll be fine. You said the same about Discord! 

Yea, but once I've got used to Discord, returning to the forum feels like returning to the middle ages. 😅