talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Forum Returns

football forum

What happened 4-6 weeks ago has been like a nuclear bomb to this forum.

Discord was like the bunker we all retreated to and we lived happily for a period. Then we were told this place was back and we all came back with good intentions, but the destruction of what's happened has really knocked the forum back. I don't know the forums statistics but I'd go as far as saying we were averaging more posts per day than we have in the last week. It's an absolute ghost town on here. I get its the weekend but activity was 10 times this on Christmas day!! 

Has everyone lost motivation to post?

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Devil said:

What happened 4-6 weeks ago has been like a nuclear bomb to this forum.

Discord was like the bunker we all retreated to and we lived happily for a period. Then we were told this place was back and we all came back with good intentions, but the destruction of what's happened has really knocked the forum back. I don't know the forums statistics but I'd go as far as saying we were averaging more posts per day than we have in the last week. It's an absolute ghost town on here. I get its the weekend but activity was 10 times this on Christmas day!! 

Has everyone lost motivation to post?

In short, yes.

For me personally, it makes sense completely. I have hardly any interest left in football, and while it's been like that for quite a while now, I always stayed because of the community. Discord showed me that there are by far better ways for communicating with the same community, so at this point, the forum is just obsolete for me, really. I have absolutely no motivation to post anything anymore.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

In short, yes.

For me personally, it makes sense completely. I have hardly any interest left in football, and while it's been like that for quite a while now, I always stayed because of the community. Discord showed me that there are by far better ways for communicating with the same community, so at this point, the forum is just obsolete for me, really. I have absolutely no motivation to post anything anymore.

I loved this forum, I've spent years jumping about from shit forum to shit forum.

I've only been here over 2 years so it's crap that it's gone like this.

I just think Discord is the way forward, it suits my needs so much more. I will continue to post on here though.

I've just been busy so haven't posted much. Need to rebuild the habit of checking the forum webpage, which I stopped doing when we moved to discord.

I don't think I ever figured discord out tbh. In mafia wars I did, because I could wrap my head around the size of that section and number of topics, but for me discord left me constantly feeling lousy and confused. Imo it doesn't suit someone who has less time to post, and is constantly coming in late to a topic, or trying to figure out what topics I want to engage with. It's more "in the moment" and bring in a very different timezone I felt like the guy rocking up just after the party finished.

Either way I'll roll with whatever solution we land with because I like the community.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't think I ever figured discord out tbh.

Same here, I still go in there but I won't on a regular basis like in here, this will always be my main forum, Discord gets me in such a muddle I keep calling it Accord!! O.o

At the end of the day we all have our choices and we should all stick together as one no matter what forum, I know if TF365 ever stopped working again I still would not go back into Discord on a regular basis as I get lost in there trying to keep up with things. 

• Subscriber
On 07/04/2023 at 14:23, nudge said:

In short, yes.

Come back to me!

Pin em Baby Yoda

• Like 1

We were all adjusting to Discord quite nicely, retained most of our active poster and it seemed to be moving along well. Bringing the forum back and stripping the Discord back really seems to have been a hammer blow. Where the fuck is everybody? We have Champions League last 8 topics getting next to no replies ffs. 

It’s sad to see as somebody who has been here for years and years. Personally I think there needs to be a poll, and a serious discussion between all members about what is best for this community. I would hate to lose it, but it looks like it’s going that way. 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber

The thing with activity is that if it's quiet, people will come on, see it's quiet and not contribute whereas if they contributed, it would make it more active and people would then be more active themselves. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think it helps that we've got the forum and Discord. I check the forum for an update on something, see nothing has been posted and then need to check Discord (which to be honest I can't be arsed doing).

My life at the moment is hectic (in a good way) which means that I only log onto the forum/Discord to see who people I care about are doing - I have little interest in football, or discussing it at the moment.

• Upvote 1

I’ll be honest I found Discord to be a lot better to use. I feel like on a personal note forums can make things needlessly argumentative but the easy chat nature of Discord means you’re less interacting with someones argument or posts and it feels more like you’re interacting with an actual person. It’s like opening whatsapp.

I do feel like the forum is a step-back after using Discord, even though some disliked it.

• Upvote 2

Sorry, I havent been active here at all lately but I still browse and read some great posts by our friends here. Is there still an option to donate rather than a monthly subscription or an yearly plan? I would like to do a one time donation if thats a possibility.

Also, good to see the forum back again.

Thank you 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

You were against Discord 😂

People can change their opinion, SHOCKER. 

People are creatures of habit, so the forum being gone and that new strange thing replacing it was very against my will, yes, but I gave it a chance and it grew on me. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Asura said:

Sorry, I havent been active here at all lately but I still browse and read some great posts by our friends here. Is there still an option to donate rather than a monthly subscription or an yearly plan? I would like to do a one time donation if thats a possibility.

Also, good to see the forum back again.

Thank you 

@Rab is the one to answer that question I would imagine. 

• Subscriber

Its definitely been a bit of a roller coaster. One day we go to login to find the forum is no more and you're told if you want to continue Discord is the way forward. It took adjusting to but overall Discord was fine and was something I was willing to do to keep in contact and keep going with the community. Then one day the forum is back and it seems like theres far less activity then before Discord and after Discord. Im sure its somewhat split as to those that prefer Discord vs Forums but nevertheless I dont know if you'd get back the same amount of activity on Discord either at this point? I dont know what the solution is?

I don't mind switching between both but the majority of my general discussion would be on Discord now. It's the ease of access the speed of typing and posting for me. Conversation flows easier. It also helps being able to see that someone is responding.

You can also upload a photo in seconds on the move. 

I still enjoy reading the threads on here but it all now seems a slow slog. 

The crazy thing was I loved how forums worked before being introduced to Discord, I loved the development of a thread. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2023 at 10:25, Faithcore said:

Thanks for all the effort but I fell in love with Discord during our time there and I feel like I can't go back. 

Bruh, I haven't seen you on Discord in ages.