talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Forum Returns

football forum

Got to be completely honest, I really like our community and value it, but I'm kinda caught a bit in no man's land really.

Losing the forum was carnage. Didn't like it. Discord looked mental. Fuck, what's all these notifications? Where do I find this? Was like a Rabbit caught in the headlights. Made the adjustment to Discord. Hang on, this isn't so bad. Liked it.

The forum came back and the football side of it got filtered back here (which was always my primary reason anyway for posting) and I naturally followed like a moth to the light. I felt the Football discussions on Discord had suffered as a result so was happy they came back onto the forum.

But in turn, it's probably took me away from the Discord side of things like the general chat threads, films etc. I know it takes no real effort to sign in but I've just lost the will to juggle between the two. I prefer everything to be in one place and I've found my posting on the forum and general logging in has gone down as a result of inactivity in other areas of the forum that are obviously more popular on Discord.

Totally don't blame anyone for using whatever they prefer, but we're not centralised anymore and its had a negative impact in my eyes.

I guess we have a few others in the same boat and then a relatively equal split of those who prefer the forum and those who prefer Discord, followed by those that are content to keep up with both.

Perhaps over time it'll all fix itself out but the community feels spread out at this moment and it doesn't feel the same for sure, just being honest.

P.S The absolute faff now to post a photo or picture, which has often stopped me posting at all. Perhaps an unavoidable move for the benefit of forum performance but a massively off putting one for me personally.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I just use both. Definitely prefer Discord for general talk and more informal chats, still feel the forum has its place, too. Definitely agree that the subscription model is a bit meh, though. 

• Subscriber

Just really go into Discord for the USA State Game and only if I get tagged but it looks like @Panflute has not played the game for over 2 weeks so I guess I only go in there just for a browse now and then and that's about it, I am a forum man myself.

As I have said before I get lost in Discord and I noticed if you don't post in a certain forum for a while it disappears and you have to dig around trying to find it, like the USA State Game, at least in here you have a search function plus you have around 4/5 pages on a forum to look for anything.

At the end of the day it's all down to the choices you prefer, TF365 Forums or Discord, there is no harm in using both but if TF365 packed up for good I just can't see me using Discord on a regular basis.

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

The Great Schism of TF365

I'me not a churchgoer myself :coffee:

Spoiler

The Great Schism came about due to a complex mix of religious disagreements and political conflicts. One of the many religious disagreements between the Western (Roman) and Eastern (Byzantine) branches of the church had to do with whether or not it was acceptable to use unleavened bread for the sacrament of communion.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...