talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday August 13th - Barcelona vs. Real Madrid - Spanish Super Cup

football forum

5975fcd08d508_ElClasico.thumb.jpg.6faa749d742870cba017b1712f53de61.jpg

supercup.png.2f5638188c1938bfad79871821114473.png

The dates for the Spanish Supercup have been confirmed, the first leg is to be played at the Camp Nou on August 13th, with the second leg at the Bernabeu on August 16th. All match chat here

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Are both squads even going to be completed by the time this comes around!

do they both have 11 players for this game? Do they have enough players to be on the sub bench? 

Yes. 

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

That wasn't my question mate. ^_^

yeah but just cos they've not made their transfers doesn't mean this game won't be played! 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

yeah but just cos they've not made their transfers doesn't mean this game won't be played! 

I get where you're going now.  Yeah. but maybe (not sure if you know this, you may do), the Supercopa de España isn't a friendly like the Community Shield is in England...  It isn't a friendly no matter who plays it let alone Barça v Real.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

I get where you're going now.  Yeah. but maybe (not sure if you know this, you may do), the Supercopa de España isn't a friendly like the Community Shield is in England...  It isn't a friendly no matter who plays it let alone Barça v Real.

well aware of that. don't like the Community Shield. Glorified friendly and pointless pre-cursor to the Premier League and is not needed.

But my point still stands :). Barcelona and Real both have capable squads to play in this game and just because 2-3 transfers haven't gone through or business hasn't been completed won't undermine the seriousness of this game. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

well aware of that. don't like the Community Shield. Glorified friendly and pointless pre-cursor to the Premier League and is not needed.

But my point still stands :). Barcelona and Real both have capable squads to play in this game and just because 2-3 transfers haven't gone through or business hasn't been completed won't undermine the seriousness of this game. 

One of the big attractions of the Supercopa has always been the official debuts of new players and clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid plan towards that game when they're participating in it.  It's a question that's been thrown around these past few days in Spain.  That's why I mentioned it...

Another factor (although not pertaining to this thread) is the fact that transfer windows should close before or on the day of the start of the new season.  How that's achieved I have no idea, but it disrupts a hell of a lot of club's preparations and team confectioning.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

One of the big attractions of the Supercopa has always been the official debuts of new players and clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid plan towards thsat game when they're participating in it.  It's a question that's been thrown around these past dew days in Spain.  That's why I mentioned it...

Another factor (although not pertaining to this thread) is the fact that transfer windows would close before or on the day of the start of the new season.  How that's achieved I have no idea, but it disrupts a hell of a lot of club's preparations and team confectioning.

if that's the biggest attraction of it, maybe it's not that important after all :/ 

It's not like that's the only chance fans will get to see their new players. And while it's a Barca/Real match and that holds a lot of importance in general, it's not the end of the world if a transfer doesn't go through. 

Mind you, there's still just under 3 weeks for any transfer to go through for 'the big game'.

11 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The winner of la liga/CL vs the winner of la copa del rey, thats a hard choice :rofl:

It's true...  Real Madrid have got to be the favourites for this.  They've got tons of experience being that other team while Barcelona are probably shell shocked at having to play the first leg at home.

Edit:  Actually Real don't seem to get to play this too much.  But anyhow... As I said for the reasons above.  Tons of experience.

I don't know about Madrid, but I know there have been rumours that Valverde would like our squad to be completed before the Gamper trophy match against Chapecoense. Whether that's achievable or not I'm not sure yet

Either way, we tend to do better in Clasico's when we aren't considered the 'favourites' and as you said Balon, Madrid might be used to being 'that other team'. they're definitely more than used to that, but they aren't used to being 'the team', so let's see how they handle the pressure and expectation that brings with it. Some of our best Clasico performances have come when Madrid entered the game considered as the favourites, both the 6-2 and the 5-0, for example. We were also supposed to be crushed in the latest Clasico but for large periods of the game we dominated and won 3-2 at their ground, with Messi making them bow on their knees. 

On 25/07/2017 at 10:42 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

The winner of la liga/CL vs the winner of la copa del rey, thats a hard choice :rofl:

Didn't the mighty winner of La Liga/Champs league fail to beat the winner of the Copa Del Rey last season though?

The mighty La Liga winner may also be feeling the affects after being hammered in their friendly the other night against the current top dog in Manchester. The season hasn't even started yet so anything could happen.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:42 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

Tbf, you predicted a 3-1 win for Real at the Bernabeu. Then this happened. 

Screen-Shot-2017-04-24-at-8.55.07-AM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

so much for having a complete squad huh xD

modric will not be able to play because he got two yellow cards last time real madrid played this game three years ago versus Atleti. at that time the suspension was only for that competition now the player wont play the first game of la copa del rey

I hope you mean the spanish supercup xD

Archived