talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 30 Fixtures - 8-9th April 2023

football forum

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’d rather see all the people at FSG blow their brains out on live TV.

Them and the players are more to blame than the man who got us good after being intolerably shit after Hodgson and Rodgers.

LoL  ..but seriously, he's done at Liverpool, it's time to move on 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

LoL  ..but seriously, he's done at Liverpool, it's time to move on 

Nah you can’t give a manager that’s been over performing at an exceptional level, competing with financial doping domestically and going on routinely long European cup runs, no chance to reshape a side when only giving him about 1 big signing a season.

FSG and Michael Edwards’ replacement are to blame. The way we’ve invested the past summer has been poor. A few key players are all past it all at the same time now.

This season’s implosion was predictable, maybe not how far we’d drop off, but fans have been saying the midfield needs an overhaul for years - that’s all entirely on FSG.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah you can’t give a manager that’s been over performing at an exceptional level, competing with financial doping domestically and going on routinely long European cup runs no chance to reshape a side when only giving him about 1 big signing a season.

FSG and Michael Edwards’ replacement are to blame. The way we’ve invested the past summer has been poor. A few key players are all past it all at the same time now.

This season’s implosion was predictable, maybe not how far we’d drop off, but fans have been saying the midfield needs an overhaul for years - that’s all entirely on FSG.

Alleged financial doping and over the last 5 years City only have the 10th highest net spend in the Prem, Liverpool are higher up the list. he's a top manager for sure but looks like he's lost the dressing room and he cant motivate the players anymore, that's why i'm saying he should move on because i don't see it improving next season and your a hard sell to top players at the minute

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Alleged financial doping and over the last 5 years City only have the 10th highest net spend in the Prem, Liverpool are higher up the list. he's a top manager for sure but looks like he's lost the dressing room and he cant motivate the players anymore, that's why i'm saying he should move on because i don't see it improving next season and your a hard sell to top players at the minute

Yeah my mistake you’re not a state funded club just because you’ve sold off some expensive players xD

• Administrator

Oh wow, I can't stand Robertson but that linesman is not officiating again after today, or at least facing long suspension. Can never raise your arms to a player like that. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Robertson got what he deserved there, dont try and impose yourself on the ref, go to put your hands on them and expect nothing in return. How hes complaining is beyond me

Come on, players always do that. We don't know what was said but he's barely touched him or 'imposed' on him. 

At least not to the point of getting an elbow directed towards you. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh wow, I can't stand Robertson but that linesman is not officiating again after today, or at least facing long suspension. Can never raise your arms to a player like that. 

I doubt the FA does a fucking thing

Just now, Stan said:

Come on, players always do that. We don't know what was said but he's barely touched him or 'imposed' on him. 

At least not to the point of getting an elbow directed towards you. 

Replay shows Robertson’s arm raises towards the ref and thats why the ref raises his elbow back. Robertson also in the face of the ref. Footballers shouldnt have the right to treat refs like that.

With that said the ref is clearly gunna get suspended as it was an overreaction, but still good to see

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Replay shows Robertson’s arm raises towards the ref and thats why the ref raises his elbow back. Robertson also in the face of the ref. Footballers shouldnt have the right to treat refs like that.

With that said the ref is clearly gunna get suspended as it was an overreaction, but still good to see

I don't say they have the right to do that, but it's not good to see xD

Penalty. I will be stunned if Arsenal find a way to not win this.

You've literally got the officials in fisticuffs with the opposition. Its there for the taking surely.

Salah miss - surely got to calm them down a bit now.

Tbh raises his arm is the wrong word but Robertson’s arm touches the ref before the ref raises his elbow. Considering Robertson made a b-line for the ref to get that in his face I don’t blame the ref for reacting like that, obviously it has to be penalised after the game though. Essentially no sympathy for Robertson

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't say they have the right to do that, but it's not good to see xD

Mate my dream is to see a UFC fighter become a ref and just chokehold players who think they can bully a ref by screaming in their faces and trying to intimidate. Genuinely would watch that over an actual game day and day again lol

Gabriel down. Don't think it's a quite desperate enough situation to be milking the concussion protocols to slow the game down.

They could improve the protocols imo by mandating that you need to be subbed off if you go down with a head injury. Would hopefully take away some of gamesmanship.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived