talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) - Man City 3-0 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 11th April, 2023 (1st Leg)

• The title was changed to (QF) - Man City vs Bayern Munich - Tuesday 11th April, 2023 (1st Leg)
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That Upamecano is so bad.

How bad is upamecano? He is virtually losing the ball eveeytime he has it.

How was he so highly rated?

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

How bad is upamecano? He is virtually losing the ball eveeytime he has it.

How was he so highly rated?

He's really good on his good days, and absurdly bad on his bad days. 

Bayern out of the German Cup last week, now surely out of the Champions League. And they sacked Nagelsmann because they felt the "danger of losing out on their season goals". 

That is pretty funny. 

• Subscriber

Man City are ominously good and I get the feeling this might just be their year this time. Trouncing a side like Bayern as comprehensively as that and it's not like Bayern were even that bad either bar mistakes from the usual clown in defence who I'm convinced I've never seen have a good game (or I'm just really unlucky).

Got to be just about their best performance in Europe.

Annoying that Bayern haven't kept this a bit tighter - was hoping they'd rest a few for Saturday and botch it. A shame our managers opening game is the ultimate baptism of fire. They look ominous, I think they might win the lot.

• Subscriber

Shocking but not surprising is how I would summarize the match. Shocking; Upamecano. The guy has had an exceptional bounce back season let me say that first. What an absolute shocker of a performance, I cant believe Tuchel left him on the pitch to finish that out. That was absolutely horrendous. Davies was exceptionally poor as well all night but thankfully for him he was upstaged. The unsurprising; how toothless we've been in attack for the better part of a month. Tuchel isnt going to remind Mane how to play football, nor turn around Gnabry and Sane's absolutely invisible performances since the WC. This team desperately needs a striker, we've skated by with Choups Magoops but there is literally no back up and im not convinced hes good enough for matches like this anyways. We got what deserved an absolute trouncing basically all over the pitch, especially the second half it was widely apparent. Time to collect and hopefully at least show up for the return leg next week.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Bayern out of the German Cup last week, now surely out of the Champions League. And they sacked Nagelsmann because they felt the "danger of losing out on their season goals". 

That is pretty funny. 

I still prefer Tuchel to Nagelsmann as a manager. I think Tuchel is an excellent manager and I am sure he will find great success at Bayern in the long term. 

Upamecano needs to just clear the ball, instead of attempting to dribble past opponents. He should know his strengths and his limitations and play pragmatically. I am not sure if nerves got to him, but he was a real liability in this match. There was not much that could have been done with Rodri's strike for the 1st goal. But the 2nd goal was a giveaway, while Bayern should have really defended better to prevent the 3rd goal.

Man City will most probably advance to the semi-finals and they will likely win the whole competition. They've been looking to win the Champions League for more than a decade now and this year looks like it could very well be their year.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Man City are ominously good and I get the feeling this might just be their year this time. Trouncing a side like Bayern as comprehensively as that and it's not like Bayern were even that bad either bar mistakes from the usual clown in defence who I'm convinced I've never seen have a good game (or I'm just really unlucky).

Got to be just about their best performance in Europe.

Annoying that Bayern haven't kept this a bit tighter - was hoping they'd rest a few for Saturday and botch it. A shame our managers opening game is the ultimate baptism of fire. They look ominous, I think they might win the lot.

Our defence has let us down in previous years but we look solid now with 4CB's, Pep's crazy tinkering finally pays off lol

• Administrator
8 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I didn't watch the match, but Upamecano is capable of incredible performances and awful performances. That's dangerous as a centre back xD

So I hear De Bruyne went off injured? 

Even more dangerous against a team like Man City. 

Yeah he got a knock, carried on for a bit and then went off injured. Hope he doesn't play Saturday... 

• The title was changed to (QF) - Man City 3-0 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 11th April, 2023 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived