talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) - Bayern Munich (1) 1-1 (4) Man City - Wednesday 19th April, 2023 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Sounds as if Choups is healthy enough to play, Mane is back in the squad as well after his suspension. Theres little to no chance we can overturn that deficit but It would be nice to pull out a win in Munich and have a somewhat respectable scoreline. 

Upamecano lucky that Haaland was fractionally offside there. No idea why he needed to make that challenge. 

Hoping they can change this but honestly I've never seen Upamecano or Musiala have a particularly good game. Granted I've probably watched each of them less than 10 times but I'm just confused by them. 

I really liked the look of Leroy Sane when he first came over to the Ptemier League, I thought he looked frightening.

Unfortunately, a few years down the line and he's just another one of those players who hasn't quite kicked on.

He is such a frustrating player. Has all the attributes at his feet but so often his end product is found wanting.

I've got to be honest, I'm becoming more convinced that Upamecano is just not great. He wouldn't be the first Red Bull player to struggle when you take him out of their system.

This would probably be an evenly balanced tie if you take out his mistakes over the two legs.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I've got to be honest, I'm becoming more convinced that Upamecano is just not great. He wouldn't be the first Red Bull player to struggle when you take him out of their system.

This would probably be an evenly balanced tie if you take out his mistakes over the two legs.

He's just nowhere near the standard you'd expect a Bayern defender to be.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's just nowhere near the standard you'd expect a Bayern defender to be.

Even accepting what people say - that he is apparently playing amazingly just apart from the times where I happen to be watching him - I can't believe Bayern have got themselves in a position where they have to keep playing him, even when he's having a nightmare.

Surely they could even have put Pavard as RCB and played someone else at RB. I remember back when Bayern had Boateng, Benatia, Javi Martinez and Dante all in the same squad.

• The title was changed to (QF) - Bayern Munich (1) 1-1 (4) Man City - Wednesday 19th April, 2023 (2nd Leg)
13 hours ago, Inverted said:

Even accepting what people say - that he is apparently playing amazingly just apart from the times where I happen to be watching him - I can't believe Bayern have got themselves in a position where they have to keep playing him, even when he's having a nightmare.

Surely they could even have put Pavard as RCB and played someone else at RB. I remember back when Bayern had Boateng, Benatia, Javi Martinez and Dante all in the same squad.

They have been missing Lucas Hernandez who is out with an ACL.  He would be the first choice partnership with De Ligt I'm guessing.

• Subscriber

Upa gets alot of flack and fairly I suppose. The biggest matches of the seasons and he has a nightmare first leg and pretty much the same again. The guys been an absolute wall for 99% of the matches but when hes bad, hes real bad. I keep saying to myself hes fairly young but idk man De Ligt comes in and basically never puts a foot wrong and hes younger. Going forward I do hope we reup Pavard regardless of what happens but the CB pairing of choice is still going to be Hernandez and De Ligt. I do wonder if having more time Tuchel might go with a 3 atb though and then having 4 capable CB's plus the likes of Stanisic making more or less 5 is fine. Long story short I wouldnt give up on Upa but he isnt in our best pairing. 

The one thing I thought we would do was defend better and tbh outside of Upa I suppose we did. The part I expected to struggle with was going forward. Sane, Coman and Gnabry's forms always seem to ebb and flow and that was fine when we had Lewy and Müller up front but when we have to rely on those guys to score theres a problem. The #1 issue going into next season is finding a Lewy replacement, yet again. The less said about Mane the better, he needs to be shipped off into the sun at this point and he can take Gnabry with him. 

On a side note that was some of the shittiest reffing Ive seen in awhile. What a fucking disaster he was.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived