talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 33 Fixtures - 25-27th April, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

2-0 and both of their goals have come from players running at Godfrey at right back and getting past him as if he's not there. Coleman has got injured at a horrible point in the season for us but there's simply no way that Patterson is worse than what Godfrey and Holgate have been turning out in that position. Dyche needs to have the balls to play him.

Another defeat. Fans pulled out all the stops again tonight. They don't deserve this but this is what our club is now. Can't really fault the graft from the team tonight but we don't have enough quality in almost every area of the pitch.

Not dead and buried yet but we're running out of games.

I've lost count of how many times over the years that I've been posting on this forum in response to Everton conceding and goal and another one's gone in before I'm even done. Quality goal from Wilson but Newcastle have shown nowhere near enough to justify a 3-0 lead here, that's how far off it we are.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

2-0 and both of their goals have come from players running at Godfrey at right back and getting past him as if he's not there.

This wasn't the case for the 3rd goal but Isak ran straight past him twice in the run up to that 4th goal so I'm calling that 4 out of 4.

• Subscriber

70 minutes in we'd worked hard and done quite well to keep ourselves in the game. Now these players are leaving the pitch in disgrace to a man. We've been caputulating in this fashion for years, long before we were relegation battlers. It's one thing losing to a better team but the level of absolute gutless collapse, especially in home games, really is just unprofessional.

Never seen Goodison empty like that. Everyone's had enough. Ominous.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

70 minutes in we'd worked hard and done quite well to keep ourselves in the game. Now these players are leaving the pitch in disgrace to a man. We've been caputulating in this fashion for years, long before we were relegation battlers. It's one thing losing to a better team but the level of absolute gutless collapse, especially in home games, really is just unprofessional.

Never seen Goodison empty like that. Everyone's had enough. Ominous.

I think you are in serious trouble

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We can do with you helping us out with some wins at OT and Anfield. 

You’re good chill out it’s in the bag, save you £’s because you’re on a European tour.

I fancy us to get something this weekend not scared at all, mainly because of their defensive injuries and fact they have a shorter turnaround. 

From my point of view top 4 not happening for us, too many games played etc, think Liverpool will go past us I’m after 6th and Europa league.I think fixture congestion is a massive thing this time of the year plus the World Cup there’s tired legs out there and teams drop points.
 I’m hoping fixture congestion weighs heavy on Brighton and they fluff those games in hand. Kinda discounting Spurs atm as don’t rate Mason 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

If we can't beat this Everton side on Monday we should just not turn up to any other game this season. 

I watched them live at old Trafford a few weeks back and they are so toothless and when you can’t defend you’re fucked. Tough on their fan base as some genuine football people but they’re big enough and Dyche is man enough to clean house and rebuild a battling side, that will bounce back far stronger.
It really refreshed us as a fan base when we started to turn it around and get it together. And the Championship is fun just don’t stay too long 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If you can turn it into a football game you will win,  if they turn it into WWE your players won't like that. 

I think we'll miss Iheanacho a lot but thankfully we have Maddison and Barnes and hopefully an extremely rejuvenated Vardy going forward. Just need Tielemans to get his form back. Defence can still look iffy, but I don't care if its 1-0 or 6-5, just need to win. 

Everton weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests. They just can't defend. I said at half time we just need to up a gear in attack to finish them off and that is what it was. You could tell in the first half for as little danger as we might have produced there were clear easy looking openings should we get our act together.

We have the pattern of play and energy that is capable of gutting anyone if they're not switched on. 

I make that our 7th game this season we've scored 4 or more goals. 4 of them away from home.

Incredible.

ETH must be really sick to death of the squad players at his disposal. He's having to run players into the ground because the subs aren't up to standard.

Spurs were always scoring that second goal, the pressure was mounting and the subs brought on for fatigued players were absolutely shocking.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

2-0 and both of their goals have come from players running at Godfrey at right back and getting past him as if he's not there. Coleman has got injured at a horrible point in the season for us but there's simply no way that Patterson is worse than what Godfrey and Holgate have been turning out in that position. Dyche needs to have the balls to play him.

Another defeat. Fans pulled out all the stops again tonight. They don't deserve this but this is what our club is now. Can't really fault the graft from the team tonight but we don't have enough quality in almost every area of the pitch.

Not dead and buried yet but we're running out of games.

I've lost count of how many times over the years that I've been posting on this forum in response to Everton conceding and goal and another one's gone in before I'm even done. Quality goal from Wilson but Newcastle have shown nowhere near enough to justify a 3-0 lead here, that's how far off it we are.

I completely agree as regards to Patterson being better than Godfrey and Holgate at right-back. Why isn't Dyche starting with him? Is Patterson not fully fit or something? 

Your next match against Leicester City is huge. A win would be huge, but one would think that you will at least need to come away with a point if you want to have any realistic chance of staying up. The Wolves and Bournemouth matches are huge as well, as you could get positive results from these games. One would think Brighton will be very tough opposition and that Everton will certainly lose against Man City. But there are 3 matches there were Everton are at a similar standard to the opposition. 

It's still very tight at the bottom. Southampton are almost certainly going to get relegated and likely finish bottom. While Leicester City, Notts Forest and Leeds United are all still in serious danger of going down. Forest had a huge win over Brighton yesterday, but they are only two points ahead of Everton in the table as of now and so are Leeds, while Leicester City are only one point above Everton. There's still so much still to play for with five games remaining. Good luck to your team.

• Subscriber
On 26/04/2023 at 21:28, RandoEFC said:

I will admit that this is pure irrational saltiness but the thing that annoys me about Forest is that a disproportionate number of teams seem to just not turn up against them. I've never seen them win a game where they've actually been fair enough quality. It's always just taking advantage of an opponent having an off day. 

The double whammy for me tonight is that Brighton will drop an absolute clanger down there tonight and will then put in their best performance of the season when we go there in a couple of weeks.

Other teams are pricks. 

No they genuinely are the luckiest team I think I can ever remember. They're absolutely abysmal and yet they'll likely survive - and no surprise it's largely helped to luck in the way the fixtures have fallen too.

• Subscriber
On 26/04/2023 at 21:36, Devil said:

You say that but the record books will still read they are the most successful and it will be them celebrating the league title every year. 

We're going to be looking at a run of titles like Bayern Munich and Celtic here. 

Clubs are literally having to nearly bankrupt themselves just to hang on.

The league is done as any serious competition. It's the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 now. When it's confirmed, The Premier League will have had fewer winners in the last 6 years than Ligue 1.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

The league is done as any serious competition. It's the Bundesliga or Ligue 1 now. When it's confirmed, The Premier League will have had fewer winners in the last 6 years than Ligue 1.

6 years doesn't matter if that's the result of one great side. 6 years is just one generation. It's when it is 20 years that you have a problem because that's multiple generations of players.

No one looks back at the early 80s and says the league was done as a competition just because Liverpool won it nearly every year.

• Subscriber

Reflecting on last night, we do remain just 2 points from 16th place but the manner of the last two home defeats just make it so difficult to see us getting anything at home to City or away to Leicester, Brighton or even Wolves. We can probably take Bournemouth at home on the last day but unless Leeds and Forest lose practically every game to that point it won't be enough.

The club can have no complaints if we get relegated. Most would say we've got one of the worst three squads in the league. Everton should never have sunk this low with the size of the club and the money that's been invested but the management of the club over such an extended period of time has brought us to this reality.

My head and heart are now sadly in agreement that we're probably going to get relegated.

Since winning the League Cup Casemiro has been shit, he's turned into a slow old man overnight. 

The draw is our first point away from home to anyone in the top 9 in 2023. Our overall away record this season is awful.

• The topic was unpinned
8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Reflecting on last night, we do remain just 2 points from 16th place but the manner of the last two home defeats just make it so difficult to see us getting anything at home to City or away to Leicester, Brighton or even Wolves. We can probably take Bournemouth at home on the last day but unless Leeds and Forest lose practically every game to that point it won't be enough.

The club can have no complaints if we get relegated. Most would say we've got one of the worst three squads in the league. Everton should never have sunk this low with the size of the club and the money that's been invested but the management of the club over such an extended period of time has brought us to this reality.

My head and heart are now sadly in agreement that we're probably going to get relegated.

I feel for us all in this situation because when you have a few poor results, any glimmer of hope you have just erodes and you see no positive outcome. At the moment, there doesn't seem enough swings for either of us to think we make it out safe.

I don't see where we're picking up the points we need either tbh. We've blown it in the winnable fixtures.

On top of losing Adams and Wober, the two best assets defensively for the team, we've now lost Sinisterra for the remainder. How's your luck...

At this stage when you are having to rely on more than just quality, you need as much of the little things to go for you, like Calvert Lewin scoring that goal on HT last night and it stands. Bamford missing that last minute open goal Tuesday night. They all play a part.

I just think enough of the little things aren't quite going our way to do it and that Forest result Wednesday has thrown it all up in the air again. We've got to hope a rudderless, hopeless Southampton don't roll over there but i doubt it.

Just want it over now if I'm honest.

Archived