talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Billericay Town

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

he's got a history of having a hot temper and being a hot-head doesn't he?

I have no time for him. He's taken stick all of the years in his career and it's now that he decides to confront a fan giving him shit?

• 3 months later...

Not sure how much this has been publicised across the country but seeing as it's fairly close to me in Essex, I'll give you a few facts about them. 

They were bought by a bloke called Glenn Tamplin, who has been convicted of fly tipping on his own land, and since then;

* He's made himself manager. 

* Jamie O'Hara, fresh out of Big Brother, Paul Konchesky and today, Jermaine Pennent. 

* They have a £30k a WEEK playing budget. One chairman said on Twitter, he got a side promoted from the same division on £2.5k a week. 

* He's had a mural knocked up at the ground with his face all over it. 

It's all going to end really well there, I'm sure you'll all agree. 

44 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I know of them because he made that truly cringe-worthy speech where he made the whole squad close their eyes and sing "World's Greatest" by R Kelly and from when Jamie O'Hara embarrassed himself by trying to start a fight with a few kids in the crowd.

I don't know much about Paul Konchesky personally but their other two "stars" are bellends so I wouldn't mind seeing them fail.

Konchesky's actually quite a nice bloke the couple of times I've seen him out. I once chatted with him and someone who knows him quite well and he was sound tbh but i reckon he's got bellend tendencies too. 

• Administrator

Echo the first part of the above. Met Konchesky a couple of times after Leicester matches and always had time for fans and take photos/sign autographs for youngsters where others would just walk straight to their cars or on to the coaches. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When I think of Billericay, the only thing that resides in my head is "Youuuuu Shhhhlaaaag".

That is all.

alright Smithy

12 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I know of them because he made that truly cringe-worthy speech where he made the whole squad close their eyes and sing "World's Greatest" by R Kelly and from when Jamie O'Hara embarrassed himself by trying to start a fight with a few kids in the crowd.

I don't know much about Paul Konchesky personally but their other two "stars" are bellends so I wouldn't mind seeing them fail.

The Leatherhead piss take lead by Jimmy Bullard when Jamie O'Hara and co. lost to them shortly after was brilliant. 

Jamie O'Hara was one of many professional footballers (others including Jonjo Shelvey, Wilfried Zaha and Steven Caulker) who all used to play for a ridiculously good Sunday football league team at all ages when I was younger. They were all delighted for him when he got his chance at Tottenham because he was such a likeable fellow. Ever since he became injury prone at Wolves his character seems to have flipped. 

It's definitely created a lot of buzz in the local community though, and the local area is currently seeing a lot of benefit from what's going on over there. The more I read about in the local press it does feel like a huge ego massage for Tamplin, but if it's benefitting others as well then fair play to him. Time will tell, but I'm considering taking in a few games this season.

Archived