talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manual Ugarte - Now PSG Bound

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/portuguese-giants-have-no-other-option-but-to-sell-newcastle-united-and-man-united-transfer-target-4114523

He is going to have a lot of suitors,  this is the player I really want as our priority signing for the summer to allow us to utilize Bruno Guimaraes in a more playmaker role.    Ugarte is slightly under the radar with a transfer summer of high profile central midfielders.  He probably will cost around 45m though.

He is a modern DM,  good at take ons and avoiding the press,  and his passing metrics from short to long are well above average to good at 21 he has plenty of upside.  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can't see how he would prefer a move to us over PSG or Newcastle atm. Unless Poch is the deciding factor. 

Apparently he would prefer a move to England over France and maybe a London club might be preferable to Toonville... I suppose a lot would depend on him wanting to play European football or not?? If not then we might have a shot at him and he does look the business.. having said that a lot of players look the business until they sign for us then they suddenly turn into dogshit once the shirt is on.. 

8 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Ugarte to Chelsea is seemingly on.  It would be career suicide going to a team with Fernandes, Kante and Kovacic.

Kante is old and injured and Kovacic sounds like he is getting sold.

• The title was changed to Manual Ugarte - Chelsea Bound
  • The title was changed to Manual Ugarte - Now PSG Bound
6 hours ago, Stan said:

PSG out of nowhere. 

Hasn't he been linked with them for months? Looks like they were willing to wait out Chelsea's offer (and wage offer)... and then came in and pulled a Chelsea to offer more to the selling club and the player to change the player's mind. Sweet sweet karma to see an oil club do this to Chelsea tbh.

He looks pretty decent to be honest... This would be typical of us to pull out of our number one choice and then plump for a second choice which was part of our problem last season.. It's also funny to hear us talk about paying above market value for a player because we have never done that before have we?? 

I mean I'm glad the club are now walking away as opposed to overspending for a player, considering what's already happened. €10m a year net is what PSG are offering him apparently. Jesus Christ. 

Good player but there think we are fortunate to be in a time where there seems to be an influx of quality CMs available this summer. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hasn't he been linked with them for months? Looks like they were willing to wait out Chelsea's offer (and wage offer)... and then came in and pulled a Chelsea to offer more to the selling club and the player to change the player's mind. Sweet sweet karma to see an oil club do this to Chelsea tbh.

I meant that Chelsea were close to getting him. 

And it helps with my 'RKO out of nowhere' likeness. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I meant that Chelsea were close to getting him. 

And it helps with my 'RKO out of nowhere' likeness. 

‘Ugarte be kidding me’ is another one you can use.

Archived