talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 34 Fixtures - 29th April-4th May, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was the same the other night when I called Brentford a shit team on a shit run... When in reality that was us... xD

Ahahah that definitely just sums you up 

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Fair enough. Don't let it ruin the rest of your weekend, mate.

Thanks mate. It won’t now, kinda numb to this team now. But this one just stung a bit considering how it went.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ahahah that definitely just sums you up 

Thanks mate. It won’t now, kinda numb to this team now. But this one just stung a bit considering how it went.

On the bright side it does show that some of the Spurs players still have a bit of bite and passion left in them. Obviously some of them need to be binned but I feel like especially in the last few years the management has been binning the wrong players. As I said I'm not export on Spurs but they seem to have a bit of a carousel with the midfield, why bin Lo Celso and Ndombele for Perisic? I know Perisic is a wide player but you'd think the two earlier as players in their 20s can improve and offer a bit more than a guy at the very end of his career.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Sell him

Any fan that gets into that mindset of 'sell, sell, sell' especially concerning a younger player is delusional. Chelsea fans are doing this currently with players like Mount and Gallagher.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

Any fan that gets into that mindset of 'sell, sell, sell' especially concerning a younger player is delusional. Chelsea fans are doing this currently with players like Mount and Gallagher.

Nobody on here said sell Trent, so not sure who his comment is aimed at. 

If anything, him being moved into an inverted fullback/cm position is exactly what a lot of us have wanted for him. 

• Administrator

What happened with Klopp at the end? Went out so missed the 2nd half. 

And what happened with Jota? Did it go to VAR/ref to the monitor? 

Klopp raged at the 4th official at the end, got a yellow card and pulled his hamstring. 

Jota had his food high, but Skipp was also crouching a bit and he ended up kicking him in the side of the head. Spurs were raging, ref gave him a yellow. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

If anything, him being moved into an inverted fullback/cm position is exactly what a lot of us have wanted for him. 

There was defo a non Liverpool fan on here saying how much longer will Liverpool put up with TAA. Can't remember who . 

The highlighting of Trent's weaknesses is like I've never seen. It's ridiculous at times

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Uhh it wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular I just know that it is a sentiment. Geez man not everything is a dig

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Uhh it wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular I just know that it is a sentiment. Geez man not everything is a dig

Just heard it straight from the horse mouth. 

@LFCMike I understand your point. But mate, how many times has he been out of position, lacking awareness and looked uninterested this season. I won’t deny that he has improved massively in the last couple of months especially, but earlier in the season he was atrocious at times. I think it’s fair to be annoyed at players not doing the basics. 

7 minutes ago, Rick said:

Just heard it straight from the horse mouth. 

@LFCMike I understand your point. But mate, how many times has he been out of position, lacking awareness and looked uninterested this season. I won’t deny that he has improved massively in the last couple of months especially, but earlier in the season he was atrocious at times. I think it’s fair to be annoyed at players not doing the basics. 

I criticized him heavily, think it was the City game but I don't think he is any worse than most other right backs defensively. Watch James against Vinius Junior and he had a nightmare. If that was Trent it would be all over social media. Trippier's positioning was shocking for one of our goals at StJames. It's never highlighted as much as Trent's though

Jesus christ how is Klopp defending that Jota high foot? Pure horror challenge. Maybe Klopp should remember what type of injury it was that retired Mason before telling him what challenges to worry about. Very poor taste.

• Subscriber

Leicester v Everton. For me game of the weekend. I'm scared, but I must admit, I'm less scared than I was 48 hours ago. I think the other results, namely Leeds and Forest not taking anything where I thought both had a chance has lifted the pressure on this a little bit - but then on the flip side that also applies to Everton.

What I mean really is that even if we do flunk this, it isn't game over. Far from it. Though it will feel like it. But it wouldn't be.

I do think with how out of sorts they are this is such a good opportunity. It's the perfect weekend for whoever wins this game.

I think if we win this we've got to really fuck it up to go down. Our odds to go down have risen to 5/2 without even kicking a ball. We are favoured. I think for fair reason, we've looked improved under Smith. But I really did mean it when I said that simply removing Rodgers and getting any other manager in would see us pick up. Smith is no world beater by any stretch but improving this team - it was harder not to.

I think if the last three games had happened in January, we'd feel pretty confident of survival. It's just that the margin for error has gone down.

Come on Leicester. Win this and we can draw the first bit of that line under this shitshow.

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he may not be able to defend but his passing is mint

When you look at Pedro Porro you realise that, defensively, the bar is on the floor for full backs and wing backs. Trent looks fine in comparison.

Full backs who are properly solid defenders are a rarity in the game, and most of the ones that there are, probably don't play at the elite level because they're too limited in every other respect. 

• Subscriber

Leicester took the piss out of us at Goodison earlier this season. If it becomes a footballing match then I think we all know we have no answer to a good Leicester performance, or indeed any team that has midfielders and a couple of defenders that can actually demonstrate a modicum of athleticism.

The only way we get something is by turning the game into one that exploits their weaknesses. They're a flaky team with fragile confidence and they can't defend, especially from set pieces. If our defence can have a good day, and we can nick the first goal from a corner or something, then those are the exact types of games Sean Dyche knows how to win.

Unfortunately, though, it takes a huge shift from what we've shown in the last month or so to achieve that. We need Coleman to return at right back because Dyche won't play Patterson for some reason and Holgate or Godfrey will get mercilessly targeted and either get sent off or be exploited for 2 or more Leicester goals. 

So there is a path to victory but we're at a low ebb and Leicester have some momentum. I don't see this team and manager having enough steel and guile about them to overcome that this evening so I fully expect a Leicester victory.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

When you look at Pedro Porro you realise that, defensively, the bar is on the floor for full backs and wing backs. Trent looks fine in comparison.

Full backs who are properly solid defenders are a rarity in the game, and most of the ones that there are, probably don't play at the elite level because they're too limited in every other respect. 

I think the nature of the game has made it that wingers are makeshift full backs which is why the 5-3-2 type systems are returning.

I still prefer stability and balance, a fullback that can't defend is a liabity which is why Liverpool look so fragile defensively.   Liverpool have conceded 42 goals but their xGC or xGA is 53 making them top in teams out playing expectancy which is not sustainable.  

utilising Trent in that Thiago role may be the way forward for Liverpool as he has fantastic ball retention and passing.  A DM and RB should be high on Liverpool's priority list.

if Leicester win I think they will be fine, they have hit a little form patch with a crucial win and a draw at the right time.   

Everton need to win, if they lose I think them, Leeds and Forest are shooting it out for the final two spots as Southampton are probably dead and gone

• Administrator

Just seen the Jota one. How on earth is that not a red xD

Skipp's should have been. 

Jota's should have been. 

VAR officials have had a mare there

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Just seen the Jota one. How on earth is that not a red xD

Skipp's should have been. 

Jota's should have been. 

VAR officials have had a mare there

Yeah both were worthy of red cards. Tierney is a bad ref and tbh I think VAR officials are just generally crap unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah both were worthy of red cards. Tierney is a bad ref and tbh I think VAR officials are just generally crap unfortunately.

I agree on Tierney.

I think VAR must be removed from the officials and like Cricket each team gets 1 VAR referral per game,  once used it is gone irrespective,  thus its more tactic and not desperation. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived