• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Random Football Stuff

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A thread for videos and stuff that don't have a place anywhere else on the site but don't warrant their own thread. Inspired by the link below which I saw on reddit and thought it was worth sharing.

https://streamable.com/lge7a

That was totally not what he intended :D Very cool nonetheless. 

• Subscriber

A Syrian player scoring for Al-Wehdat.

Weh dat? It's in the Jordanian league. The player is called Moataz Salhani.

Assad day for the goalkeeper. 

I don't take credit for any of these puns by the way, all from redditors xD.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A Syrian player scoring for Al-Wehdat.

Weh dat? It's in the Jordanian league. The player is called Moataz Salhani.

Assad day for the goalkeeper. 

I don't take credit for any of these puns by the way, all from redditors xD.

No wonder they are terrible lol

• 2 months later...

Pretty interesting. Have always wondered about this. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, apparently it's to help the linesmen with offside decisions too.

If only more linesmen would utilize them to make the correct decisions innit!! :):) 

Wonder if it makes ANY BIT of difference in the way the ball moves across the "light" and "dark" stripes. In a tight game of microseconds and inches, could it make an iota of difference if it's a shoddily mown pitch?

Many landscapers consider it an artform.

• Administrator
On 14/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Pretty interesting. Have always wondered about this. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, apparently it's to help the linesmen with offside decisions too.

If only more linesmen would utilize them to make the correct decisions innit!! :):) 

Wonder if it makes ANY BIT of difference in the way the ball moves across the "light" and "dark" stripes. In a tight game of microseconds and inches, could it make an iota of difference if it's a shoddily mown pitch?

Many landscapers consider it an artform.

i don't even think you can see it too much from the level they're at. I think it's more to help TV cameras and replays etc.

I used to love the pitch designs our grounds staff created at the King Power. Premier League, for this season, stated it has to be lines though which is shit. 

Image result for leicester city pitch pattern

(this one below is 'printed' on to the pitch but still think it's pretty cool)

13 hours ago, Stan said:

i don't even think you can see it too much from the level they're at. I think it's more to help TV cameras and replays etc.

I used to love the pitch designs our grounds staff created at the King Power. Premier League, for this season, stated it has to be lines though which is shit. 

(this one below is 'printed' on to the pitch but still think it's pretty cool)

Do you know how the design was "printed" on the last pic mate? 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Do you know how the design was "printed" on the last pic mate? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/11/leicester-city-groundsmen-cut-spectacular-club-badge-king-power/

some kind of new technology in a similar way 3D printers work. You have an image in mind and it gets loaded on to this hi-tech lawn-mower which then imprints it on to the surface. The makers of it are 'New Ground Technology'

All this stuff will be automated in the near future. Robotized. In American football there's talk of the field being gigantic LED screens the players would play on, while graphics, yardage and other info be shown on the screen/field upon which the players compete.

You gotta figure that high technology will "infringe" and be introduced upon the integrity and soul of our beloved "Beautiful Game" in the not-too-distant future. VAR may be the first step. It behooves and benefits the tech companies and money men to introduce all this. Wouldn't be at all surprised if R&D into this and other similar applications (of a more military bent) is being worked on.

Wonder just how the "Beautiful Game" will develop and evolve in the near and distant future? Would the fundamental rules of the game change to suit tastes? Humanity, it can be argued, is evolving and football will evolve with us.

Drone footie!

• Subscriber

Right then, this weekend it is possible that Leicester and Everton face each other both with interim managers. Anyone have any idea when the last time two interim managers faced each other in the Premier League?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived