talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

Replacing Neymar...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

• Paulo Dybala - (Juventus)
    • Kylian Mbappé - (AS Monaco)
    • Antoine Griezmann - (Atlético Madrid)
    • Alexis Sánchez - (Arsenal FC)
    • Ousmane Dembélé - (Borussia Dortmund)
    • Ángel Di María - (Paris Saint-Germain)
    • Eden Hazard - (Chelsea FC)
    • Other...

49139381.jpg?t=1498905232000

Where to spend so much money!

Barça already had a decent sum of money to spend this summer on fixing issues that went wrong last season.  They've signed Nélson Semedo from SL Benfica to fix the right-back issue and then they tried to sign Marco Verratti from PSG to sort out the midfield problem...  The club are still searching for solutions to bringing back a more dominant aspect to the team's performances but right now the talk is about Neymar´s departure to Paris Saint-Germain and a sum of €222m being added to the budget to spend in what's remaining of the summer's transfer window.

Who in your opinion would be the best fit to replace Neymar's departure at Barça?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the options are great players and a return for Alexis although a great one, I can't see happening and would be amazed if it did.

Mbappé looks a fantastic player and I'm just going by what he did in last season's edition of the Champions League because everything else means very little to me as it's not enough of a reason to spend the amount of money it would take to pull him out of his Monaco contract.  I would never spend the amount of money that would take!

Dembélé (BvB) who no one has spoken about so far is a fantastic option but again, Dortmund want too much for him and right now he's not worth that...  But I really like him, more than Mbappé.

Griezmann is proven in Spain, infact even though he's French, he's actually Spanish in almost everything about him and he would slip into everything domestic right away.  He's also got a very good track record in Europe for Atleti which means he's a sure bet...  But I doubt Barça will go for him.

Hazard is very good and fits into the system seamlessly...  He would be overly expensive coming from the Premier League (add an extra €20m to €30m surcharge for just playing there) and even though Barça have all the money in the world to spend if Neymar leaves, I don't see that one happening.

For me it's Paulo Dybala all the way because he fits, his play is perfect and he's got something about him that smells of Barça and his character is also perfect for the club...  He doesn't go on about Jesus and his dad isn't Neymar Senior.  I've gone for Dybala.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Question is whether or not Juve will sell and if Dybala wants to join. 

Dybala wants to join of that there's no doubt.

Obviously Juve don't want to sell their best asset but they'd get the money they want and the player would get the move he wants.  There's apparently an agreement made when he renewed his contract which involves any offer made by Barça...

The pressure would be too much and the only issue is how late on the whole thing is in the transfer window because of how long all of this Neymar rubbish has been going on for (2 weeks now).

The problem with this present Barça board as I said in another thread is that they're reactive instead of being proactive and that's why everything is so spontaneous.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Dybala wants to join of that there's no doubt.

Obviously Juve don't want to sell their best asset but they'd get the money they want and the player would get the move he wants.  There's apparently an agreement made when he renewed his contract which involves any offer made by Barça...

The pressure would be too much and the only issue is how late on the whole thing is in the transfer window because of how long all of this Neymar rubbish has been going on for (2 weeks now).

The problem with this present Barça board as I said in another thread is that they're reactive instead of being proactive and that's why everything is so spontaneous.

You don't know that

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

How about Aguero? Could he become an option?

Not an option!

Has no marketing cache due to various factors including his age.  He's a wasted product unfortunately although his talents would be useful.  He doesn't come anywhere near the names mentioned.  Plus would be a waste of money considering everything.

1 hour ago, Dalmore said:

Dybala is not Leaving Juventus, Coutinho is not leaving liverpool...  It's the first time I see Barca desperate, begging for players. I think they will sign Griezmann though.

Where have you got this info from?

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

From his mouth.

I know he translated that from his mouth into typing it. But where did he get that info from?

Plus the begging!

Maybe the sprinklers need to be switched on again to wake him up. 

Personally I think the player needs to be on the right age of 26, although at the same time not too inexperienced. Age doesn't really matter in football nowadays if a player takes care of themselves, although there are already 2 players who are 30 in the front line(not like it will affect them as they are players who can go on until they want to) and adding a bit of youthfulness adds a nice balance. For this Dybala would be the number one choice, although I believe Hazard would be a great fit for the club and would be more suited than he is at Chelsea. I don't see the point in bringing Sanchez back, Mpabbe would be too costly considering he hasn't proven enough yet, I like Griezmann, but not at Barcelona and Dembele would be a good option, although likely to be as costly transfers as Dybala or Hazard would be, and I'd have those 2 as first choice personally.

Archived