talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

Replacing Neymar...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

• Paulo Dybala - (Juventus)
    • Kylian Mbappé - (AS Monaco)
    • Antoine Griezmann - (Atlético Madrid)
    • Alexis Sánchez - (Arsenal FC)
    • Ousmane Dembélé - (Borussia Dortmund)
    • Ángel Di María - (Paris Saint-Germain)
    • Eden Hazard - (Chelsea FC)
    • Other...

The latest this morning on who could replace Neymar at Barça has caused a bit of a storm in boom sports websites...

The news is that AS Monaco's star man Kylian Mbappé's international agent, Pascal Boisseau has approached FC Barcelona stating that the player would like to talk to the club so as to sign.  Apparently from sources within Barça this morning it was leaked that a phone call was revived early this morning from the player's agent stating interest in negotiating which is something the player has refused to do until now with any club.  The departure of Neymar seems to have made up Mbappé's mind.

Does this constitute a player tapping a club? xD:ph34r:

Anyway...  I don't know if Barça will go for something like this because even though he is very talented, his price is massively over inflated and it will be more so due to the very public transfer of Neymar to PSG and the price he went for.

From what some experts close to Barcelona feel, is that Dembélé is more of a fit for Barcelona than Mbappé right at this moment.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don't think it would be good press for Barca to stump up £161m for Mbappe. It's just too silly it makes even Pogba look like an amazing deal.

Even though both Pogba and Mbappé are two completely different players, I agree with you.  Mbappé only has one season behind him at the level he showed last campaign and also that's only really using what he done in the Champions League because basing such a big transfer fee on what a player does in Ligue1 is extremely risky.  Monaco won't listen to anything under €180m and it's obvious from there on it would spiral upwards until negotiations are finalised.

In my view Barcelona shouldn't be looking to replace Neymar at all in terms of similar types of players that play in that area of the pitch.  They should be searching for a more homogenous formula to accompany the attack of Messi and Suárez.  Even though the trio of Messi, Suárez and Neymar was amazing (for me the greatest trio of all time in club football), each coach that has had the three has had to make sacrifices in midfield and at times in defence to implement it.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Does this constitute a player tapping a club? xD:ph34r:

I suppose it depends on whether sharks smelling blood in the water quantifies as tapping :D

I personally still don't see the Coutinho logic just yet, if he is the natural replacement for Iniesta then that does make a lot of sense but I'd imagine replacing Neymar is the top priority right now.

I'm going to have to start recording these comments on the forum somewhere.  Infact a general player quote thread would be great...  I have to think about this.  The reason I say it's good to record these is because when you bring them up later on you get questioned on it.

Anyway...  Amongst other things, Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane Dembélé said this today;

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170804/43326602842/dembele-barcelona-borussia-dortmund-se-deja-querer-interes-fichaje.html

"Which player would ever contemplate saying no to Barça!"

On 8/4/2017 at 5:05 PM, SirBalon said:

I'm going to have to start recording these comments on the forum somewhere.  Infact a general player quote thread would be great...  I have to think about this.  The reason I say it's good to record these is because when you bring them up later on you get questioned on it.

Anyway...  Amongst other things, Borussia Dortmund's Ousmane Dembélé said this today;

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170804/43326602842/dembele-barcelona-borussia-dortmund-se-deja-querer-interes-fichaje.html

"Which player would ever contemplate saying no to Barça!"

Yeah, but not many players will cut their nose to spite their face by saying the opposite. They always do that at least a minth after joining.

Just now, Spike said:

Yeah, but not many players will cut their nose to spite their face by saying the opposite. They always do that at least a minth after joining.

It's not the first time it's been said before though and from various players.  But then again Isco once said it (so did Asensio) and look where they're both playing! xD

I know players say many things and it has to be taken with a pinch of salt but Dembélé is obviously prostituting himself due to the knowledge Barça are seriously looking at him.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Ousmane Dembele to join?

Apparently BvB have told Barça that they'll start listening once they offer €100m.

Looks like there's no such thing as a decent player worth under €100m from now on. xD

On August 6, 2017 at 8:23 PM, SirBalon said:

Apparently BvB have told Barça that they'll start listening once they offer €100m.

Looks like there's no such thing as a decent player worth under €100m from now on. xD

The transfer season is starting to really separate the top teams again like it used to with these kinds of transfer fees... 100 mil for a player like Dembele or M'bappe who had one good season????!?!?!?! Just another reason I'll always hate Neymar for breaking the transfer market more than it already is/was.

Football transfers the way they are (after the gamechanger that is Neymar to PSG) it would be a relative "bargain" to get Dybala for 120 million euros. I know that he's not so much in the conversation anymore  (after receiving the #10 jersey to continue the tradition of great Juventus #10s) but I still feel strongly that he's the best fit for Barca. Not as a direct replacement for Neymar per se, but he would help Barca immensely.

Heck, ANY player OTHER than Paulinho would help Barca tremendously :) 

If not this season, Dybala will probs transfer to Barca within the next couple seasons. Deep down, in his heart of hearts, he wants the move. Has said this many a time. Am not convinced by Dembele and Coutinho. neither of them are real "gamechangers" in the way that Dybala is. Dybala is both a playmaker AND gamechanger. A 2-in-1, dual purpose player.

The book isn't closed on Bellerin either. Semedo isn't proven at Barca as of yet.

10 hours ago, Savvy Xavi said:

Football transfers the way they are (after the gamechanger that is Neymar to PSG) it would be a relative "bargain" to get Dybala for 120 million euros. I know that he's not so much in the conversation anymore  (after receiving the #10 jersey to continue the tradition of great Juventus #10s) but I still feel strongly that he's the best fit for Barca. Not as a direct replacement for Neymar per se, but he would help Barca immensely.

Heck, ANY player OTHER than Paulinho would help Barca tremendously :) 

If not this season, Dybala will probs transfer to Barca within the next couple seasons. Deep down, in his heart of hearts, he wants the move. Has said this many a time. Am not convinced by Dembele and Coutinho. neither of them are real "gamechangers" in the way that Dybala is. Dybala is both a playmaker AND gamechanger. A 2-in-1, dual purpose player.

The book isn't closed on Bellerin either. Semedo isn't proven at Barca as of yet.

Also heard that deep down, he'd play for free at Barca given the choice. 

3 signings are needed but I suppose a defender could wait one year,  although 2 signings are needed whatever the weather. A man who can replace Iniesta(nobody can replace him, but a player needs to come in and help the team evolve and move forward) as he just can't manage 90 minutes anymore, nevermind 3 full 90 minutes in a week and a player to replace Neymar. If 2 signings aren't brought in then this season can be regarded as a write off before it has even started. Quality to improve the starting 11 is badly needed.

I would like to see more of Denis though, he should be given a nice run in the team. He looked bright when he came on the other day, but what use is it when he's only playing sporadically? He needs a nice run in the team to grow in confidence and improve as a player.

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

I miss the old Messi. He isn't fun anymore.

Yes

Image result for messi 2010\

No

Related image

He was a kid then mate. With a whole world before him getting paid to do what he most loved. Now he's a man, a husband and a father... We all change unfortunately. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

He was a kid then mate. With a whole world before him getting paid to do what he most loved. Now he's a man, a husband and a father... We all change unfortunately. 

Now he is a fucking hipster, you mean.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalonsomebody was telling me the other day the only reason Antonella is with Messi is because her bloody boyfriend died in a car crash and she knew Messi when he was a kid?

Fuck I thought this was the Barca thread.

They've been together since they were kids I thought? Don't think either of them have ever had sex with another person. 

Archived