talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

Replacing Neymar...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

• Paulo Dybala - (Juventus)
    • Kylian Mbappé - (AS Monaco)
    • Antoine Griezmann - (Atlético Madrid)
    • Alexis Sánchez - (Arsenal FC)
    • Ousmane Dembélé - (Borussia Dortmund)
    • Ángel Di María - (Paris Saint-Germain)
    • Eden Hazard - (Chelsea FC)
    • Other...

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hazard and Messi would be incredible. Reckon we should put in a cheeky bid for Leo :coffee:

I really don't know why you would want Leo Ulloa. He's turd.

@Dan would agree. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've gone for Mbappe because he plays a similar kind of position, he's got a good 10+ years ahead of him and we've probably not seen even close to the best from him. There is no question whether he'll be good enough or not, he's the best prospect of his age I can remember.

12 hours ago, Dan said:

I've gone for Mbappe because he plays a similar kind of position, he's got a good 10+ years ahead of him and we've probably not seen even close to the best from him. There is no question whether he'll be good enough or not, he's the best prospect of his age I can remember.

I thought Real had already bought him? That's the way it looked last week. He would cost about 160 million either way and that's ridiculous for someone who has only proven bits for a short period of time. I reckon his best bet is staying at Monaco for a few seasons first and developing further as moving to a bigger club can have a negative impact on a player at that age(however talented they are) if it takes them longer than expected to adapt.

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I thought Real had already bought him? That's the way it looked last week. He would cost about 160 million either way and that's ridiculous for someone who has only proven bits for a short period of time. I reckon his best bet is staying at Monaco for a few seasons first and developing further as moving to a bigger club can have a negative impact on a player at that age(however talented they are) if it takes them longer than expected to adapt.

I've said more or less the same thing in various threads since the Mbappé explosion happened and all the speculation started to occur.

He should stay where he is because he hasn't actually done all that much to merit all the speculation!  What we have this summer can only be described as desperation to be honest.  Desperation all over Europe!  It's as if it's a race to gather all the magic beans that will take you to heaven on a magic beanstalk.  That's the real reason for the incredible and perverse rise in prices we're seeing...  Clubs don't seem to care this summer and they're not even negotiating the prices.  They see to be saying "got no time to haggle, got to get in there first before someone else gets him.  Ok, I'll pay it.  Do you take card?"

Dybala is absolutely Barca quality. Reeks of Barca too. He'd be a proactive signing, rather the reactive ones this current Barca board (can't stand them) loves to do.

I'm bewildered by last season's signings: Andre Gomes, Alcacer and Digne. Even Mathieu was initially better than these guys. These are defo not your typical FC Barcelona signings. Blame the board. Gomes was signed just cos the board didn't want Real Madrid snatching him up. That's not the way you want to manage a football club. You want to and should go after the players that fit your culture, your style.

It happens to be Gomes' birthday today. I wish him well, but hope he can go to another club. Every time he started or came on as a sub last season I just started bellowing laughter cos I knew we probably wouldn't win the game.

I'm kinda disillusioned by the whole Neymar saga. He looked like he was great mates with Messi and Suarez but you could tell all along that the real genuine friendship was between Messi and Suarez. 

If Neymar really does go to PSG, his football talents will be missed, let's not kid ourselves here. He is truly a prodigious phenomenal talent, a singular talent. One of a kind. 

I think that part of the reason that ppl are so saddened and incensed at his leaving is not only the "MoNeymar" thing. Has to do with the fact that he'll be wasting his talents in France. Won't realize his potential there. Unrealized potential is one of the saddest things in this world.

btw has anyone considered this: The Champions League is obviously the Arabs' (lolz) main and primary objective. Without Neymar, we wouldn't have got past PSG. Simple as that. Look, the Qatari owners KNOW that Ligue 1 is a joke. The only prize that matters to them is that big-eared trophy. PSG were milliseconds from knocking out the 2nd/3rd best team in the world last season from the CL after that 4-0 Paris thrashing. They now have the grizzled veteran Dani Alves who was amazing for Juventus against Monaco in the semis. If they do get Neymar, watch out........... they don't have to worry about the domestic league, the only thing that matters is the CL. They can do just enough to get by in Ligue 1 and go all out and focus on  CL. That 4-0 was no fluke. No matter how shite Ligue 1 is, that squad they have has genuine quality and depth.

Here's the thing: They DON'T need to test themselves against quality opponents in Ligue 1. They are already good enough to face (and beat) the big boys in the CL. If they do add Neymar, look for them to make the semis, at the very least (assuming they don't get Real Madrid earlier than that, obviously :-) (I'm not convinced by Bayern).

Dybala is obviously not a like for like replacement for Neymar. Nor should we have to sign a like for like. Don't need to do that to win titles.

Following the eternal Barca template of pressing and passing: we won't go wrong by doing that.

59 minutes ago, Savvy Xavi said:

hmmmm...no Verratti in this poll?

Good to see that Messiesta also knows a thing or two :-) :-) Dybala indeed!

You want to replace Neymar with Verratti?

The players in the poll are direct possible replacements for Neymar mate.

Oh yes that's right. Direct replacement for Neymar, gotcha. Forgot to re-read the question :-) 

Dunno if there's a general question/poll for worthwhile Barca transfers this transfer window (not just a like for like Neymar replacement). Players and squad positions to be addressed etc.

Btw wouldn't it be the greatest of all mindfncks if Neymar does stay??

49 minutes ago, Savvy Xavi said:

Oh yes that's right. Direct replacement for Neymar, gotcha. Forgot to re-read the question :-) 

Dunno if there's a general question/poll for worthwhile Barca transfers this transfer window (not just a like for like Neymar replacement). Players and squad positions to be addressed etc.

Btw wouldn't it be the greatest of all mindfncks if Neymar does stay??

He's not staying. He can't stay!

The fans don't want him and the board know this. 

1501540854377.jpg

According to tomorrow's front page on SPORT, Antoine Griezmann is the favourite to take Neymar's place should the Brazilian leave for Paris.  The journalist on SPORT reckons that the fact Griezmann has been brought up in Spanish football from an almost infant stage and his goals ratio matched with his work rate would be ideal and that the Barça board are looking first to him.

Obviously this is all speculation but in the past their have been many substantiated rumours that Griezmann would maybe one day end up at Barça.

12 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Can Griezmann be as effective on the left? I know he played there for Sociedad but I thought that was back when he was a more traditional winger, and not the kind of player he is now.

He's played there plenty of times for Atleti.  Infact more times there than anywhere else.  Although he is very versatile in respect of being able to play central, left or even in midfield thanks to Simeone.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

1501540854377.jpg

According to tomorrow's front page on SPORT, Antoine Griezmann is the favourite to take Neymar's place should the Brazilian leave for Paris.  The journalist on SPORT reckons that the fact Griezmann has been brought up in Spanish football from an almost infant stage and his goals ratio matched with his work rate would be ideal and that the Barça board are looking first to him.

Obviously this is all speculation but in the past their have been many substantiated rumours that Griezmann would maybe one day end up at Barça.

Very interesting. Thanks SirBalon. It's my understanding that Mundo Deportivo used to be the more reliable paper, but there has been a role reversal and Sport is now the much more reliable paper.

If Griezmann does come to Barca.....wow!! A very technically skilled player, in addition to being a goal machine. Would be a good signing all around.

2 hours ago, Savvy Xavi said:

Very interesting. Thanks SirBalon. It's my understanding that Mundo Deportivo used to be the more reliable paper, but there has been a role reversal and Sport is now the much more reliable paper.

If Griezmann does come to Barca.....wow!! A very technically skilled player, in addition to being a goal machine. Would be a good signing all around.

I don't know if SPORT are more reliable and I still prefer Mundo Deportivo much much more because they're more balanced and not so fanatical.  But SPORT in all of this Neymar stuff has been first to come out with almost every piece of news.  It was infact SPORT that first announced the Neymar to PSG detail.

As for the Griezmann rumour...  I am very prepared to believe that Barcelona would be interested in him and it would actually be a quality move in the sense of fitting in.  He won't be cheap though and practically everything Barça receive for Neymar would go on that signing.

My hope is that we'll sign Dybala. Dybala has always wanted to play for Barcelona, and apparently Juventus have said that if we offer 120m euros they will accept it. Dybala is a quality player and I'd love to see him build a relationship with Messi at club level, that would be devastating...and brilliant for Argentina too.

Griezmann would be a brilliant option but I don't think he'd leave Atleti after just renewing his contract and pledging loyalty to them during their transfer ban. If he's willing to come that would be huge, though.

Ousmane Dembele is also a quality young player and he's great with both feet too, but getting him this summer might be a bit hard as he seems happy at Dortmund and the German club don't want to sell.

It's Dybala for me, although all the options being discussed are great and I'd love any of them.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why isn't Coutinho in the poll? Could play as part of a front three. 

He could play there but that wouldn't be a direct replacement for Neymar.  Coutinho is independent to whatever is done now or in the near future to replace Neymar and that has also been vocal from within the club.

Eden Hazard would be the easiest fit in there honestly, I have a hard time believing that Griez would leave Atleti for them. Hazard would in an instant though. Hazard-Suarez-Messi would be pretty much be the best top 3 in the world still.

9 minutes ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Eden Hazard would be the easiest fit in there honestly, I have a hard time believing that Griez would leave Atleti for them. Hazard would in an instant though. Hazard-Suarez-Messi would be pretty much be the best top 3 in the world still.

Doubt he would take the step down mate. 

• Subscriber

I mentioned this in the other Neymar thread. I think Alexis is the perfect replacement for many reasons. Hes the right age for their core as far as winning now, hes full developed and completely different from where he was in his first go around. Hes a like for like replacement and i think would slot in seamlessly. 

Archived