talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

Replacing Neymar...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

• Paulo Dybala - (Juventus)
    • Kylian Mbappé - (AS Monaco)
    • Antoine Griezmann - (Atlético Madrid)
    • Alexis Sánchez - (Arsenal FC)
    • Ousmane Dembélé - (Borussia Dortmund)
    • Ángel Di María - (Paris Saint-Germain)
    • Eden Hazard - (Chelsea FC)
    • Other...

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They've been together since they were kids I thought? Don't think either of them have ever had sex with another person. 

I heard they've only known eachother since childhood. Nothing about young romance at all.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, after thinking about it, Barca are fucked without Neymar. After they missed out on Veratti they should have held onto him regardless of his hotheaded attitude.

Real Madrid look set to dominate the next coming years with their insane midfield and their tactical forward line. They are genuinely the complete team. Strong on set pieces, excellently structured shape, and of course world class players all over. Barcelona have 3 world class players and that's it. Simply put. They are unlikely to get someone even close to Neymar's calibre now. They have the money and the prestige to attract anyone, but quite honestly with how things are looking such as signing Paulinho, I don't see this ending well.

Lee Seung Woo should be given a chance to replace Neymar. He could surprise. They should also place their faith in Sergi Roberto and Gerard Deulofeu. With the money, it wouldn't be a bad move to sign younger players that look the business.  Perhaps a squad player or 2 as well. 2 examples are the linked Yerry Mina who wouldn't be up for an absurd price, or Piotr Zielinski who I hope doesn't leave Napoli, but he's going to be one of the best midfielders in the world in a few years. He's already top class, so he'd instantly improve the midfield.

If I were Barcelona I'd be patient. They've had their success and now the era is done, its time to create a new one. That takes time.

Of course he would, you wouldn't know though given you've never seen him.

Just when I thought you were beginning to change. What a pity.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalonsomebody was telling me the other day the only reason Antonella is with Messi is because her bloody boyfriend died in a car crash and she knew Messi when he was a kid?

Fuck I thought this was the Barca thread.

I don't read gossip mate and much less people's personal relationships...  Put it this way...  I hate reality shows like Big Brother and the like.  There's been one lately here in Britain called Fantasy Island (I think it's called that) where it's even made the front page of some newspapers (albeit crappy newspapers).  I'm not interested and have never watched a single edition of anything like that. Oh...  I forgot one more...  There's a programme here where you watch people at home watching television and listening to what for me are personal family comments...  This is how sad society is these days!

In saying this xD (I laugh because I have read a bit about this when it's appeared on sports newspapers, when they've got no sport to talk about it seems) I have read that there's is a childhood romance and have been together since they were very young, same as Luis Suárez and his wife.  Apart from this I know very little else and to be honest, it doesn't really concern me.

I know I'll read this back and witness that I've contradicted myself.  But I know what I mean which is good enough for me. ;)

Just now, SirBalon said:

I don't read gossip mate and much less people's personal relationships...  Put it this way...  I hate reality shows like Big Brother and the like.  There's been one lately here in Britain called Fantasy Island (I think it's called that) where it's even made the front page of some newspapers (albeit crappy newspapers).  I'm not interested and have never watched a single edition of anything like that. Oh...  I forgot one more...  There's a programme here where you watch people at home watching television and listening to what for me are personal family comments...  This is how sad society is these days!

In saying this xD (I laugh because I have read a bit about this when it's appeared on sports newspapers, when they've got no sport to talk about it seems) I have read that there's is a childhood romance and have been together since they were very young, same as Luis Suárez and his wife.  Apart from this I know very little else and to be honest, it doesn't really concern me.

I know I'll read this back and witness that I've contradicted myself.  But I know what I mean which is good enough for me. ;)

Oh, I don't care either. Just curious about the truth when I've been given two different stories. :coffee: It just bothers me is all! My natural curiosity for the 'truth' is an itch.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

right and Hamsik is a top ten player :rofl: like i said, Sirbalon exposed you about the second best midfielder and you continue. ima leave it at that.

I feel completely exposed by him. Ouch.

Hamsik is another player you know fuck all about and anyone who says he's not one of the best 10's in the world is simply a guesser. The fact you rate Tolisso and Renato to be anywhere near Zielinski who was linked with Bayern just about sums up your football knowledge you absolute spacker. I guess if he plays for Napoli though then he's shite. Going by your logic, Diego Maradona isn't one of the best 100 players in history.

@Stan seriously just ban this wanker. He's a waste of space on the forum.

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Honestly, after thinking about it, Barca are fucked without Neymar. After they missed out on Veratti they should have held onto him regardless of his hotheaded attitude.

Real Madrid look set to dominate the next coming years with their insane midfield and their tactical forward line. They are genuinely the complete team. Strong on set pieces, excellently structured shape, and of course world class players all over. Barcelona have 3 world class players and that's it. Simply put. They are unlikely to get someone even close to Neymar's calibre now. They have the money and the prestige to attract anyone, but quite honestly with how things are looking such as signing Paulinho, I don't see this ending well.

Lee Seung Woo should be given a chance to replace Neymar. He could surprise. They should also place their faith in Sergi Roberto and Gerard Deulofeu. With the money, it wouldn't be a bad move to sign younger players that look the business.  Perhaps a squad player or 2 as well. 2 examples are the linked Yerry Mina who wouldn't be up for an absurd price, or Piotr Zielinski who I hope doesn't leave Napoli, but he's going to be one of the best midfielders in the world in a few years. He's already top class, so he'd instantly improve the midfield.

If I were Barcelona I'd be patient. They've had their success and now the era is done, its time to create a new one. That takes time.

Barcelona are fucked? xD

It depends what you mean by "fucked" mate.  They may have fully entered into their transitional period and this present board may be absolutely incompetent.  But Barcelona can never be "fucked" because their existence is to compete.  I agree that they may be now revolving around a period where they may not win as much, but they and every club has experienced this including Real Madrid who've had a pretty hard time of things in recent history.  I remember that 6 year period when they won practically nothing without delving into the late 70s and early 80s.  Two things must occur...  This board be censured and forced to call elections while hoping at the same time that a capable board put themselves forward for election and win.  A football board that's hungry to use probably the greatest football resources in the world along with Real Madrid.

As for your fantasies revolving the Napoli midfield...  I have no idea how you come to this conclusion and what it's based on other than a partisan support that in itself I find even more curious.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Oh, I don't care either. Just curious about the truth when I've been given two different stories. :coffee: It just bothers me is all! My natural curiosity for the 'truth' is an itch.

I don't know anything other than I told you mate and have never heard anything different.  They seem to love each other quite a bit and from that perspective that's the most important thing I would say.

Talking about Napoli on this thread seems rather surreal.  But my two pence worth on Napli is that they play some of the best quality and most entertaining football in Europe.  In saying this though...  They have 101 lagoons on their football and are quite some distance from being able to be consistent enough throughout a season to do something major.  I know the club very well, I've been to many games in the San Paolo and many of very good friends of mine are genuine Napoli fans and they all say the same thing.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Barcelona are fucked? xD

It depends what you mean by "fucked" mate.  They may have fully entered into their transitional period and this present board may be absolutely incompetent.  But Barcelona can never be "fucked" because their existence is to compete.  I agree that they may be now revolving around a period where they may not win as much, but they and every club has experienced this including Real Madrid who've had a pretty hard time of things in recent history.  I remember that 6 year period when they won practically nothing without delving into the late 70s and early 80s.  Two things must occur...  This board be censured and forced to call elections while hoping at the same time that a capable board put themselves forward for election and win.  A football board that's hungry to use probably the greatest football resources in the world along with Real Madrid.

As for your fantasies revolving the Napoli midfield...  I have no idea how you come to this conclusion and what it's based on other than a partisan support that in itself I find even more curious.

Barcelona are fucked. You're correct that they exist to compete, but you're wrong in the sense that this isn't a dominant team. 3 world class players only at Barcelona and a far inferior bench to Real Madrid is quite poor for Barcelona's standards. They will compete, but they won't be able to put up with Real. Every team goes through this as you mentioned which is why I believe they need to rebuild.

and as for Napoli, I respect your football knowledge and admire it, but I'm afraid on Napoli's midfield your opinion is the idiotic one. Anyone who has seen Sarri's team will tell you that Hamsik could get into any XI in the world. And you're quite clueless on Piotr too. There's a reason Bayern wanted him.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Talking about Napoli on this thread seems rather surreal.  But my two pence worth on Napli is that they play some of the best quality and most entertaining football in Europe.  In saying this though...  They have 101 lagoons on their football and are quite some distance from being able to be consistent enough throughout a season to do something major.  I know the club very well, I've been to many games in the San Paolo and many of very good friends of mine are genuine Napoli fans and they all say the same thing.

They are inconsistent, but that's not the midfielders fault; it's the forwards. Scary on form but far from consistent.

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

napoli plays tomorrow vs Nice, name the midfielder that xavi praised and said he has the barcelona DNA(he will be playing tomorrow in that game) NOT piotr but Jean Seri. but who cares about Xavi's opinion when brian the expert knows more. 

"second best midfield group"comedy gold :rofl::rofl:

I think you're the comedy gold member on here, not me.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

i still dont get it how someone could even suggest Piotr would make a difference for FUCKING Barcelona. 

I still don't get how your still around; every thread gets derailed and you look for the littlest things to get a bite. The day you get banned will be the proudest moment in this forums life.

Christian Eriksen

Eden Hazard

David Silva

Kevin de Bruyne

Phillippe Coutinho

Isco

Marco Asensio

Paulo Dybala

Easily all better attacking midfielders than Marik Hamsik. At the moment it is a dead position, so it's not even worth talking about. Any of these players could slide into the Barcelona lineup.

Just now, Spike said:

Christian Eriksen

Eden Hazard

David Silva

Kevin de Bruyne

Phillippe Coutinho

Isco

Marco Asensio

Paulo Dybala

Easily all better attacking midfielders than Marik Hamsik. At the moment it is a dead position, so it's not even worth talking about.

To me, Dybala, Eriksen and Silva aren't better. The rest I could make an argument.

Asensio will become a better player though.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

To me, Dybala, Eriksen and Silva aren't better. The rest I could make an argument.

Asensio will become a better player though.

If those three are the only in my list that aren't better than Hamsik, how is he number one!?

Just now, Spike said:

If those three are the only in my list that aren't better than Hamsik, how is he number one!?

Because I said that I could make an argument for the rest. If Hamsik was at Real Madrid everyone would be wanking over him. 

Watch his off the ball movement, his technique when kicking the ball, his vision to spot out a pass, and his ability to stay fit. All things that a world class midfielder must have and he has them all. His performances against Real Madrid were no fluke.

Dybala is a great player, but switch him and Hamsik from Juve to Napoli and people would be laughing at me if I said Dybala was the best 10 in the world. He's also nowhere near as reliable in big games.

I said I believe Marek to be the best 10 in the world. I didn't say he was miles ahead of everyone else. You could easily make a case for other midfielders such as some of the ones you've mentioned.

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Christian Eriksen

Eden Hazard

David Silva

Kevin de Bruyne

Phillippe Coutinho

Isco

Marco Asensio

Paulo Dybala

Easily all better attacking midfielders than Marik Hamsik. At the moment it is a dead position, so it's not even worth talking about. Any of these players could slide into the Barcelona lineup.

You can add Lorenzo Insigne to that list because he IS NAPOLI!  He is the shining unpredictable light in that side.  It's just come to light that two months ago Barcelona contacted Napoli about signing him for €60m (this before the transfer window opened and prices went mental) and Aurelio De Laurentiis said, "not now".  Hamsik is good but he's nowhere near that level no matter what Brian thinks.  I will say this though (and it's not because of how good he is exactly), Hamsik is very loved by the Napoli fans and they do hold him in very high regard.  Although even they don't have him at that level.

I'll add another name to your list even though he's now reached the eclipse of his career...  Iniesta is still far and away above him and many more.  There's still time in his older legs to entertain football fans everywhere. It will be a sad day at least for me when he calls it a day.  It's been a very long and wonderful career for the mildest character ever in the game.  An authentic genius!

Just now, SirBalon said:

You can add Lorenzo Insigne to that list because he IS NAPOLI!  He is the shining unpredictable light in that side.  It's just come to light that two months ago Barcelona contacted Napoli about signing him for €60m (this before the transfer window opened and prices went mental) and Aurelio De Laurentiis said, "not now".  Hamsik is good but he's nowhere near that level no matter what Brian thinks.  I will say this though (and it's not because of how good he is exactly), Hamsik is very loved by the Napoli fans and they do hold him in very high regard.  Although even they don't have him at that level

Well I don't know what you're watching because Insigne is nowhere near Hamsiks level, and this being that I like Insigne almost as much. Excellent player but way too inconsistent.

and on the "nowhere near as good as I think", many people have told me the same thing and this is why he's so under appreciated. Not only have they said he's overrated, but when they actually decided to watch him individually on a week to week basis, they admitted to being wrong. He's one of those players. I said he's the best 10 in the world. It's not like I said Sam Vokes is better than Suarez. Pipe down.

At the end of the day this is my opinion and if you don't like it that's your problem not mine. We all have judgements that some people will find silly and most of the time they do it's because they are clueless, which is why I try my best to respect others opinions. If I go off, that's my own rash fault.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You can add Lorenzo Insigne to that list because he IS NAPOLI!  He is the shining unpredictable light in that side.  It's just come to light that two months ago Barcelona contacted Napoli about signing him for €60m (this before the transfer window opened and prices went mental) and Aurelio De Laurentiis said, "not now".  Hamsik is good but he's nowhere near that level no matter what Brian thinks.  I will say this though (and it's not because of how good he is exactly), Hamsik is very loved by the Napoli fans and they do hold him in very high regard.  Although even they don't have him at that level.

I'll add another name to your list even though he's now reached the eclipse of his career...  Iniesta is still far and away above him and many more.  There's still time in his older legs to entertain football fans everywhere. It will be a sad day at least for me when he calls it a day.  It's been a very long and wonderful career for the mildest character ever in the game.  An authentic genius!

Always considered Iniesta to be more of a central midfielder than a quasi-forward like the other blokes I listed.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Well I don't know what you're watching because Insigne is nowhere near Hamsiks level, and this being that I like Insigne almost as much. Excellent player but way too inconsistent.

and on the "nowhere near as good as I think", many people have told me the same thing and this is why he's so under appreciated. Not only have they said he's overrated, but when they actually decided to watch him individually on a week to week basis, they admitted to being wrong. He's one of those players. I said he's the best 10 in the world. It's not like I said Sam Vokes is better than Suarez. Pipe down.

At the end of the day this is my opinion and if you don't like it that's your problem not mine. We all have judgements that some people will find silly and most of the time they do it's because they are clueless, which is why I try my best to respect others opinions. If I go off, that's my own rash fault.

For me 

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I also think Dele Alli is better than Hamsik!

I've told you before...  Opinions are the essence of debate and you can't use them as a forcing statement where you're not willing to entertain someone refuting your thoughts.  Why do you manifest your opinions if you're not willing to entertain someone that doesn't agree with you?

Let me tell you this!

Hamsik hasn't got a load of elite clubs after him or phoning ADL!  Insigne has...  Insigne has many of Europe's top clubs following his every footstep.  They know he's young and he is slightly inconsistent.  But he has the capabilities to ruin top sides while playing for Napoli who aren't at that particular level.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Always considered Iniesta to be more of a central midfielder than a quasi-forward like the other blokes I listed.

Iniesta is probably neither one or the other which is probably one of the greatest reasons he is so unique.

But lets forget about Iniesta in this off-topic moment we've all submersed ourselves into...  HAMSIK ISN'T a player that plays behind the front men either.  He may wear a 10 shirt but he's no 10.  He's a central midfielder, he IS a central midfielder that plays from a distance and becomes mediocre when he's forced forward.  Give Hamsik time on the ball in a position where Pirlo used to play in the last years of his career because his legs couldn't carry him anymore and there you have where Hamsik plays.  There are plenty of players that are superior to him in the world.

you say it's an essence of debate and you're the one calling me idiotic. As I said, I try not to call other opinions clueless, because I know they've seen something that I haven't. I only do it if they do it to me. E.g. Teso.

I judge players with what I see from my eyes, not what the transfer rumours say. Even if that slightly contradicts what I said about Zielinski.

Just note though that none of this is a pop at you. I just don't respect your views on this matter.

Archived