talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

Replacing Neymar...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to replace Neymar at Barça?

• Paulo Dybala - (Juventus)
    • Kylian Mbappé - (AS Monaco)
    • Antoine Griezmann - (Atlético Madrid)
    • Alexis Sánchez - (Arsenal FC)
    • Ousmane Dembélé - (Borussia Dortmund)
    • Ángel Di María - (Paris Saint-Germain)
    • Eden Hazard - (Chelsea FC)
    • Other...

There is strong talk of Dembele now. I like the sounds of that as he's a young lad who still has years to develop and improve his game. Dembele or Mbappe would both be very intersting options, even if being gambles due to their ages.

My choices would only be 4 out of the list. Not because I don't rate the others, but I don't see them as the right choice and fit for the team, or in Griezmann's case, would cost as much as Neymar was sold for and probably wouldn't move anyway due to Atleti's transfer ban.

Hazard, Dybala, Mbappe and Dembele

In Mbappe and Dembele's cases, they are very young and with Messi and Suarez in the side, you can afford to have someone not yet in their prime yet. Either player would soon learn and develop further though. As for Hazard, I don't think the club have ever been in for him(surprisingly as he would be the best option, although probably the most difficult to sign at the same time), so there is no point really discussing this one.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barça have actually been sending scouts out to see Dembélé for almost two years apparently.  So it kind of makes sense that it could be him...

But then again Barcelona have been following Dybala's growth all the way from his Palermo days and infact were on the verge of taking him to the Camp Nou before he moved to Juventus.

The Griezmann interest is also understandable on many fronts but he would cost exactly €200m because that's his buy-out clause and Atlético Madrid won't sell him for a cent less.  Curiously his buy-out clause goes down to €100m after September which is in his contract and was done purposefully and he agreed to so as to help protect Atleti due to their transfer ban.  That means that Barcelona would be absolutely off their nut to sign someone who's price will halve in a matter of weeks after they signed him.  They could conceivably wait and sign him in January buy activating that buy-out clause at €100m but that would cause so much strife and make an eternal enemy out of a club they've always gotten on very well with institutionally.

Alexis Sánchez would be the best bet because he has 1 year remaining on his contract and Arsenal wouldn't be able to charge anything astronomical but still get a great fee for him under the reasoning that we could lose him for nothing in January.

The president of Barcelona, Bartomeu said last night to a local radio station that both he and the vice president of Atlético Madrid has spoken and reasured them that Barça would never ruin their relationship by going for a player while they're on a transfer ban.

How much that has to do with the €200m fee which is reduced to €100m weeks after the window closes I don't know. But what's for sure is that both clubs have always had a very good relationship. 

At the moment if rumours are to be believed, Ousmane Dembélé could be the chosen one to replace Neymar with Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho being the other arrival.  I don't understand the necessity of Coutinho right now, maybe in the future, but not now.  But then again this technical team on the board have been terrible since they arrived.  Totally reactive and practically never proactive!

Time for a serious post from me in the Barcelona thread. Taking in account that Neymar is probably gone, and also taking in account that a World Class player will take his spot this season. How much of an impact will it be on Barcelona's season? As Neymar, Messi and Suarez were a oiled goal machine. The new signing will surely take time to adjust and get to know the team, will it impact Barcelona this season and will their fail to their high expectations?

23 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Time for a serious post from me in the Barcelona thread. Taking in account that Neymar is probably gone, and also taking in account that a World Class player will take his spot this season. How much of an impact will it be on Barcelona's season? As Neymar, Messi and Suarez were a oiled goal machine. The new signing will surely take time to adjust and get to know the team, will it impact Barcelona this season and will their fail to their high expectations?

Nobody knows how long a new player will take to adjust or if that new player will gel or how long that takes too.

Teams evolve, teams adjust to situations and clubs look to use their resources and knowhow to remain competitive.  The problem clubs like Barça have is that being competitive is the basic point on which to start on because winning is the objective and not just participating.

Neymar on many fronts is a big hit for Barça and in my personal opinion it's more on a marketing front than anything else.  I expect Barça to be ultra competitive and probably more balanced because the coach won't be forced to play that three man front line anymore.

What happens remains to be seen as nobody can see the future.

I don't want both Hazard and Sanchez to leave. The Premier league loses its shine. The La Liga (Real and Barca) have been snatching top talents for far too long now. I would rather these players remained in England.

I hope Barca fail to replace Neymar with a top talent. It won't affect them substantially football-wise, but it's about time the La Liga fails to nab a top star from England.

Dembele fits very well IMO, more than Mbappe and Dybala as he is a winger actually. But the only problem is he plays on the right while Neymar is a left winger so dont know how would they fix that.

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

Because, Mbappe would be a replacement for Suarez, isnt it?

Mbappe isn't a number 9, more of a supporting striker or winger if anything. He'd be nailed on starter for Barca as opposed to Real. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mbappe isn't a number 9, more of a supporting striker or winger if anything. He'd be nailed on starter for Barca as opposed to Real. 

Okay, my bad then as I thought he is a striker. True about the starter thing you said though

Kinda surprised Alexis Sanchez received so many votes, the same as Dybala (so far). 

Don't watch too much Arsenal/Premier League.

As a general rule I don't like players returning to clubs that sold them. Pogba bought back by Utd was just bad business.

Having said that, think we could do with Bellerin at Barca. Not convinced by Semedo.

The void left by Dani Alves was never satisfactorily addressed. Why we didn't win any trophies of consequence last season.

Messi and Suarez will be able to pick up the goalscoring to new heights. Who needs a trio when u have a duo. (being somewhat sarcastic here).

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reckon it'll be Dybala and Coutinho coming in 

Yes, if it happens they;ll be the 2nd and 3rd most expensive signings of all time, right behind Neymar.

Absolutely crazy how the market has been inflated. This Neymar transfer is a real gamechanger.

Not too sure about Coutinho. Defo Dybala.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

several barcelona fans from another forum im a member of have "fears" that barto will try to make fix his reputation (losing neymar) by signing players like flo perez. high profile players but not necessarily what Ernesto asks for/needs. the ship is sinking at barcelona. 

I've said all along that this board needs to go. Yes, the 2nd treble was won under their tenure, but even then you could see problems in the way the club is run. Far too many to enumerate here.

On 30/07/2017 at 1:17 AM, SirBalon said:

Dybala wants to join of that there's no doubt.

such confidence! Barcelona in a nutshell. 😆

(Nor a dig at you mate.  I Can just imagine this line being said by anyone  high up at Barca about literally any player not already signed up with Barca.)

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

(Nor a dig at you mate.  I Can just imagine this line being said by anyone  high up at Barca about literally any player not already signed up with Barca.)

Dybala himself was quoted as saying he'd "swim across oceans" to sign with Barcelona.

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

I stand by that comment.  Dybala does want to join Barcelona...  Or let's put it another way.  He's said (I think I'm correct) on seven separate occasions that he hopes to one day be able to play in the same team with Messi and Iniesta.  Now to be honest, he hasn't said Barça and both players could conceivably move to another club (together) where Paulo Dybala could join them both.

Anyhow...  It doesn't look like Barcelona are going to go in for Dybala because he isn't what's needed right now (the club's words) which makes me wonder as to why Barça need Coutinho as I can't see that either.

Archived