talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 35 Fixtures - 6-8th May, 2023

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

Realistically, we’re hoping Chelsea can put in a half decent performance for once and steal a win. Wolves have been an awkward one for Utd the last few years so maybe they get a draw or maybe Fulham try and get some revenge from the fa cup. Clutching at straws a bit I know. 

Newcastle still have Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester and Leeds to play. If you ask me if they win all four I say no. Leeds and Leicester fighting for their lives, Brighton going for Europe….who knows. 

Brighton have a lot of games to play, but some of them are hard on paper. Brighton can beat anybody in this league though, so I would be lying if I said I wasn’t very worried about them. 

Then you have us. The run we are on would suggest we beat all three. But again, two of them are fighting to stay up and the other is Villa. Being at home to Villa gives me confidence, especially after their wobble in the last couple of games. Really need to put Leicester away Monday. Then I will have a bit of confidence going into the last two. 

The ideal scenario would be both us and Brighton getting 3rd & 4th. I think I would die of laughter. At the very least, it’s going to be an interesting run in. 

Brighton have City, Arsenal and ourselves in a short run, only City at home and while they are a tough team probably likely the last few games that team plays together given the summer exodus that is likely.

Liverpool can realistically make it as their attack is right up with City and Arsenal.  I don't think the season is as bad as made out, nobody could project a fall off of certain players and spending 150m but not addressing midfield woes, was a gamble.   That said neither Newcastle nor Man U were projected to be this high up.

I think we can get two wins and two draws in the run in which gets us to 73

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The next 8 hours are not going to be fun if you support Leicester, Everton, Forest or Leeds.

Our next two games are after everyone has played, so we need to capitalise on playing before everyone (barring Leeds) this time round. 

Win today and I'll be able to rest easy for the remainder of the day!

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the positive I take is that we played well against arsenal and fine margins didn't go our way.  Man United are playing badly

Even if so it's highly unlikely for them to then go on and keep losing even more. Especially to what is coming up, home games against opponents all on the beach. 

Our next 3 are all against teams with something to play for. Much harder task. Hopefully we can get what we need done.

Liverpool will get 68-71 points.

• Administrator

For a side that should be showing some fight to try and stay up, this bunch of players are a fucking joke. All of them playing like they know they won't be here next season and already have an eye on their next move. 

Mentality is so weak in this side. 

• Subscriber

3-0 to Fulham at half-time. Stinker from Leicester.

This is the problem with the Dean Smith appointment. He isn't a good manager at this level and he's proved that multiple times. They've beaten Wolves with their "anyone but Rodgers" bounce but now the lack of quality and nouse from their new manager is on show. Failure to beat Leeds or Everton and now this.

It's a massive fumble if they end up going down. If they'd have sacked Rodgers a long time ago (and they've been within their rights to do so since about October) and made a competent appointment they wouldn't be in this trouble.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

If they'd have sacked Rodgers a long time ago (and they've been within their rights to do so since about October) and made a competent appointment they wouldn't be in this trouble.

Given Rodgers was given so long, I wouldn't have put it past them to butcher that appointment decision too. 

So much rotten at our club from owner down to players. 

Wow. Did not expect that so far. I'm really shocked Leicester have been so passive.

As bad as that is for them mind, you don't see anything better coming from Everton or us in fairness.

We're all pretty howling. Whose to say any of us win another game?

• Administrator

Embarrassing stuff from us. 

Gives so much more incentive for the other sides, who actually show more fight than us. 

Hammering our GD too. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wow. Did not expect that so far. I'm really shocked Leicester have been so passive.

As bad as that is for them mind, you don't see anything better coming from Everton or us in fairness.

We're all pretty howling. Whose to say any of us win another game?

All of the bottom five deserve to get relegated this season. So far off the rest of the league.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

All of the bottom five deserve to get relegated this season. So far off the rest of the league.

It's true.

Worse for us two in all considering we went through all this shite last year and never learnt from it.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Embarrassing stuff from us. 

Gives so much more incentive for the other sides, who actually show more fight than us. 

Hammering our GD too. 

It's a fair point, us and Everton are only 8 goals behind now.

Game's gone now, I think Leicester have to limit the damage. A couple more and we're looking at one more heavy Leicester defeat away from having them in amongst it on GD too.

• Subscriber

Dyche finally ends the suicidal playing centre backs at right back and playing Michael Keane at all phase. Mina starts alongside Tarkwoski, Patterson right back and Garner keeps his place over Onana.

I don't expect anything from this game but we have to at least make a fist of it and take heart from Leicester emphatically fumbling what could have been a winnable fixture for them.

• Subscriber

Leicester now have to go and get something off Liverpool or Newcastle or they go into the final day on 30 points with West Ham at home. Grim reading for them, and the fact that they still have probably about a 50/50 chance of surviving says all you need to know about Forest, Everton and Leeds.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived