talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

French Champions Trophy - Monaco 1-2 PSG

• Administrator

About to start at 8pm on BT Sport 3 for anyone interested.

Strong squads for each. Not sure how seriously teams take this but hoping for a good game nevertheless.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

yeah that's the trouble with Monaco's team. Despite players like Fabinho and Mbappe playing, they may not be in the right frame of mind to compete for Monaco any more. I really hope I'm wrong because I want them to play well and play their part in what will hopefully be an entertaining game with good football and good goals. 

Monaco and BTTS for me!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Why is this being played in Morocco?!

no idea i was trying to work out what French stadium it was as I didn't hear the commentators talk about it xD 

I really wouldn't be surprised to see the Community Shield held in Hong Kong/Malaysia or that area of the world soon to be honest. I don't think it should be at all but to be honest, I don't even know why that game is still played anyway. Pointless. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I thought that myself mate, the Italian Super Cup is played in China and the French have now moved theirs to Morocco it seems. It's only a matter of time before the Premier League follows suit and taps into the ''vacant'' market of Hong Kong and Malaysia. It'll be an absolute embarassment but hardly surprising, football in this sense has been on the decline for years.

The only country with a decent ''Super Cup'' is Spain.

agreed. @SirBalon would spaff his pants at that last comment too :D.

Dreading the 39th game idea as well which Scudamore keeps bringing up every now and then. I really hope clubs vote against it when the time comes but doubt they would because all they see is dollar signs in their eyes. 

Back to this game - you can tell it's 'pre-season'. Plenty of mistakes and loose play. Monaco look slightly the brighter. 

• Administrator
Just now, El_Loco said:

Great goal, lovely finish and also some very nice passes to put Sidibé in position to score.

yeah was just about to say the inter-play in the midfield was too quick for PSG. 

• Administrator

Enjoy watching Tielemans. Didn't watch much Belgian football but he was always standing out in reports or for goals. Started well at Monaco today.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah was just about to say the inter-play in the midfield was too quick for PSG. 

Tielemans was a great signing for Monaco. Actually it was a good deal for both sides. He will learn a lot at Monaco, being coached by Leonardo Jardim and with Fabinho by his side in the midfield. I think you guys will see him in England in a near future, really good player. 

PSG looks really slow on the other hand. That set up with Dani Alves midfield isn´t working. I don´t think he has the technique and vision to play in a more advanced position. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Mbappe scores but it's chalked off for offside. Sloppy start from both teams, neither really doing much in attack and looking disjointed at the back.

I thought that myself mate, the Italian Super Cup is played in China and the French have now moved theirs to Morocco it seems. It's only a matter of time before the Premier League follows suit and taps into the ''vacant'' market of Hong Kong and Malaysia. It'll be an absolute embarassment but hardly surprising, football in this sense has been on the decline for years.

The only country with a decent ''Super Cup'' is Spain.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

agreed. @SirBalon would spaff his pants at that last comment too :D.

Dreading the 39th game idea as well which Scudamore keeps bringing up every now and then. I really hope clubs vote against it when the time comes but doubt they would because all they see is dollar signs in their eyes. 

Back to this game - you can tell it's 'pre-season'. Plenty of mistakes and loose play. Monaco look slightly the brighter. 

Unfortunately there are and have been various moves to move it either to Latin America or Japan.  Until now in the last three years the weight behind keeping it at home has won, but I wouldn't be surprised if next year or the following it goes the same way.

• Administrator

controversial moments in the dying minutes as Rabiot handles deliberately in the PSG area but Monaco are denied a penalty. I don't think any of the officials could see it to be honest. Referee was on the blind side and assistants probably blocked off by how many players in the box. 

• The title was changed to French Champions Trophy - Monaco 1-2 PSG
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

controversial moments in the dying minutes as Rabiot handles deliberately in the PSG area but Monaco are denied a penalty. I don't think any of the officials could see it to be honest. Referee was on the blind side and assistants probably blocked off by how many players in the box. 

VAR!!!!

Archived