talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) - AC Milan 0-2 Inter Milan - Wednesday 10th May, 2023 (1st Leg)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Hoping these two legs are full of angry Italians kicking and fighting eachother with some really good football involved. 

Me too.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Rick said:

Hoping these two legs are full of angry Italians kicking and fighting eachother with some really good football involved. 

Me too. 

I said this a while ago but one thing Tomori benefits from in terms of the calls for him to play for England constantly is that because he's playing in Italy and really a minority of England fans watch Serie A, he's not been seen to fail and when that happens players get stuck on a pedestal for the national team. By all accounts in Italy he's not had a particularly great season overall and I'm not saying he's a bad player or he shouldn't get picked, but that it's not often we hear this feedback about his performance levels get directed into the consciousness of the mainstream football fan in England.

He deserves a chance to play for England consistently, especially when faith is still shown in Maguire, but at times England fans treat him as if he's at the level of John Stones and because of that cannot fathom why Southgate hasn't chosen him when in actual fact I don't think it's that startling that he hasn't had a proper run of games yet, even if it does feel frustrating or unfair.

Issue with Tomori is he's erratic positionally. Get's caught out so many times but makes up for it with his recovery pace. See's less of it in Italy and when people were singing his praises last season I was still skeptical on whether or not he improved on the matter. 

BT Sport literally cover Serie A for almost every game.

Yet, for a game between two clubs from Italy, they don't have the usual cast covering it. And have the likes of Rio Ferdinand speaking shite and in cliches when talking about the teams.

It's abysmal.

• The title was changed to (SF) - AC Milan 0-2 Inter Milan - Wednesday 10th May, 2023 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived