talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 36 Fixtures - 13-18th May, 2023

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal are a joke, not because of this result, but the results vs Southampton and West Ham were both atrocious. They deserve fuck all for being massive bottlers. Handing city a third title in a row, and they won’t be anywhere near that title again any time soon, be a struggle to get top four. Dickheads.

• Subscriber

Arsenal have been a bit flat for months to be fair. Fallen behind in so many games they should have won comfortably. Fair play to them to an extent that they managed to rescue results from those positions on a lot of occasions and kept City honest until the last couple of gameweeks. A result like today was sadly, probably going to come eventually. Just a shame they couldn't win their remaining games and keep it interesting as they got back to being impressive against Newcastle and Chelsea.

Like I said earlier when I was salting all over the place about our game, City have an effective monopoly over this league now so for Arsenal to finish quite a close second is still a good season for them.

36 minutes ago, Storts said:

Absolute bottle job by Arsenal. The worst in Premier League history. 11 points clear and they’ve blown it. YOU LOVE TO SEE IT. ❤️ 

I think what's most disappointing for them as well is that having had that lead, they aren't even going to take the title race to the last day.

City are going to wrap it up next weekend and have two final away games to do whatever they please. Gift wrapped really, which is a bit of a damp squib.

Think this one's going to stick in the throat a while I think, much like Newcastle's collapse in '96.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Until about 3-4 years from now when they’re all stripped retrospectively 

More chance of you getting sued for slander :ph34r: ..it was City who wanted the court case as we didn't trust them snooping through our accounts and coming up with some bullshit so we want it looked into on neutral ground  ..the ONLY thing we will get fined for is not cooperating outside a court of law 

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

Those 3 draws last month killed Arsenal. All that momentum absolutely smashed to pieces. 

Good learning experience for them. players often talk about the pressure of the run in, even united have bottled it before

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I think what's most disappointing for them as well is that having had that lead, they aren't even going to take the title race to the last day.

City are going to wrap it up next weekend and have two final away games to do whatever they please. Gift wrapped really, which is a bit of a damp squib.

Think this one's going to stick in the throat a while I think, much like Newcastle's collapse in '96.

It's a nice gesture from Arteta though with us having 2 cup final's to prepare for :ph34r:

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Good learning experience for them. players often talk about the pressure of the run in, even united have bottled it before

One of the things that gets missed in our title win. We never bowed under pressure when it got to the seriously mentally tough times. 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Absolute bottle job by Arsenal. The worst in Premier League history. 11 points clear and they’ve blown it. YOU LOVE TO SEE IT. ❤️ 

Not anywhere near it, they dropped points like most teams do in a run in. Unfortunately for them they are being chased by a side that makes you need to win every match just to be in contention.

Newcastle was the biggest throw away in my opinion.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not anywhere near it, they dropped points like most teams do in a run in. Unfortunately for them they are being chased by a side that makes you need to win every match just to be in contention.

Newcastle was the biggest throw away in my opinion.

Hahah behave. It’s a massive bottle job by then. 2-0 up at Liverpool, 2-0 up at West Ham, failed to win both. Dropping point to Southampton at home. Losing to Brighton. Been top most of the season, and just failed to see it over the line with some shocking performances. Blue Moon 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

One of the things that gets missed in our title win. We never bowed under pressure when it got to the seriously mentally tough times. 

Yeah, you was on fire that season i honesty thought you would drop off but you never did  ..why do you think you never pushed on from that point? 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Always loved City 

xD Seems Spurs & Chelsea fans are happy this fine evening lol ..even Sterlings coming down for the trophy lift this Sunday, i'm sure Chelsea will do the right thing and bend over for us B| :ph34r: 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah, you was on fire that season i honesty thought you would drop off but you never did  ..why do you think you never pushed on from that point? 

Bad recruitment decisions on the whole. Found a gem here or there, but had to sell a big asset pretty much each year to sustain it. Mahrez, Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater etc. 

Didn't really replace the big stars. 

Plus it's hard to compete against other clubs that can literally spends hundreds of millions of pounds each window. 

Does feel like we've had our time in the sun. Seems to be Brighton's turn now, and I hope they make the most of it. Players will get picked off so I hope they're ready for that and have targets lined up for the next 4 or 5 windows at least. I hope they have something to show for it too in terms of a trophy. 

Well, Man City have practically won the league and congratulations to them on what is inevitably going to happen. But I don't get Pep sometimes. Man City were leading 3-0 by the 51st minute of the match. Why did he wait until the 78th minute to make his first substitution, when he has the biggest game of the season against Real Madrid in 3 days time? You would think with that comfortable advantage, that he would have brought off some of his key players earlier, in order to give them some much needed rest. He didn't make a single substitution during Man City's 1st leg match against Real Madrid last Tuesday either. Some of the City players must be a bit fatigued, having played this long gruelling season and having played these really important games recently, over a short period of time. Real Madrid rested practically their entire 1st team in their match on Saturday, with a view to the 2nd leg against City.

I just hope that City can put on a good show against Real Madrid and play to their potential. I am aware that Pep rested about 4 regulars against Everton, but I just think the other players who started must be getting stretched physically, having been asked to play all these important games in quick succession. Had I been the manager of City today and seen City go 3-0 up by the 51st minute, I'd have brought off 5 key players soon after the 3rd goal. It's not as if City don't have strength in depth, they would have surely held out for the win either way after that point.

• Subscriber

And just like that we're in a position where a win puts us out of the bottom three.

Then you remember that requires us scoring more goals than the opposition.

I was so up for Leeds, Everton and Fulham but I'm still not up for this. In my head we're gone.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Got a real unfortunate feeling that Liverpool are going to be cunts tonight and give Leicester something.

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

Me too. 

Probably.

But we're so generous these days we'll probably gift-wrap them two Wout Faes own goals again. 

I had that nagging feeling about Leicester the moment they lost at Fulham. I don't trust Liverpool even if they have won 6 on the trot, I don't think they've looked formidable doing it. Leicester are going to have their moment in this at some point and have beaten Liverpool a few times there.

It's dangerous when teams get easily dismissed, you're just asking for the shock.

If Liverpool do hand Leicester points, that would be absolute textbook for us given how charitable Brighton have been to Forest and Everton.

Still awaiting a team to completely roll over and hand us a win because in fairness, its the only way we'll get one.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived