• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rick and Morty

football forum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I tried it a few months ago and switched off 5 mins in to the first episode. I take it I should stick with it? Or is it for a certain type of person?

I felt the same during episode one. Watch the first two and decide.

• Subscriber

Yeah, it's one of those series that has great dark humour but also a lot of immature/repetitive humour and it struggles to find the right balance early on. I would say the same about Bojack Horseman, which I enjoy, don't know if anyone else is into that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2017 at 10:51 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

I tried it a few months ago and switched off 5 mins in to the first episode. I take it I should stick with it? Or is it for a certain type of person?

As Rando says it has a layer of dark humour in there along with a certain level of immaturity but having watched and not been convinced in the early episodes I stuck with it and I find it ok and in some cases a right crack...

'Pickle Rick' from the new series just kept making me laugh all the way through and yet the following episodes not nearly as much but that's the way it goes with the series some are much better than others but overall its worth watching 

My son never liked it to start with as he hated Morty's whiney girl like voice but he watches it on a regular basis now.. 

image.thumb.png.69216cc0ff5bbfcac4759bdb412f9e1b.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, FOYM said:

The latest episode in the citadel was absolute shite.  

I really didn't get into this episode either but people have absolutely raved about it and it's currently rated at 9.9 on IMDB. Might watch again and see if I missed something?

I have to say, I like Rick and Morty and I watched it after several of my friends recommended it to me but I've never found it quite as good as other dark cartoon comedies - Family Guy, South Park, even Bojack Horseman which I doubt anyone's watched, I enjoyed them all more.

On 23/09/2017 at 10:37 PM, RandoEFC said:

Had another watch of that last episode while I was waiting to go out last night, actually saw what the fuss was about second time around, to an extent.

Is this episode 7 or 8?

Ep 7 was pretty lame citadel episode. Ep 8 was great, maybe best of the season so far. Memory episode.

I'm with Harvey on this show as well. I loved Community, which was also created by Dan Harmon, but Rick and Morty just doesn't do anything for me despite my friend forcing me to watch the whole of the first season.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I liked the Citadel episode.

I think it's the best animated show around right now. South Park has gotten a bit shite and this is taking the mantel imo.

South Park lost its way a few years ago when it abandoned subtlety and went all in on current events, but I thoroughly enjoyed the last season and this current one looks good as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived