talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

mild rant

What is it with English clubs playing in Euro tournaments wearing shirts with the most god awful fonts on the back?

The Prem has probably the best font for the backs of shirts at the moment (apart from the Swiss shirts with Helvetia font)

The lettering and numerals on the English teams in the European competitions are horrendous  as was the England world cup shirts.

This has nowt to do with footy, it just bothers me as someone with a graphical design bent.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's something to do with the fact that the Premier League logo is on the numbers and can't be used in other competitions. Can't remember exactly where I read it but that's the reason.

I agree though, some of the fonts they use are horrendous.

• Subscriber

9 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

What is it with English clubs playing in Euro tournaments wearing shirts with the most god awful fonts on the back?

The Prem has probably the best font for the backs of shirts at the moment (apart from the Swiss shirts with Helvetia font)

The lettering and numerals on the English teams in the European competitions are horrendous  as was the England world cup shirts.

This has nowt to do with footy, it just bothers me as someone with a graphical design bent.

You love a good old rant xD

Archived