• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matic signs for Manchester United

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

927d80ec0fde4015ab2c1b613c5cdb77.jpg

xD

Leaked image of him in a United training kit with a move reported to be around 40-50 million. A loan move with option to buy for Bayern Munich's Sanches also looks to be in the works to take the portuguese international to Stamford Bridge. 

Must say, he turns 29 years old in a few days and 50 million for him whilst getting Sanches on loan who could be another Vidal is great business in my eyes. 

Matic>>>Sanches

InB4Teso

• Subscriber

Fellaini out and Matic in is brilliant and definitely strengthens their midfield. I wonder if the Matic signing will allow Pogba to play a bit further forward with a bit more freedom as that's when you will get the best out of him in my opinion.

• Administrator

I think there's another side to this transfer, this isn't about a players desire to move on. Chelsea are balancing the books here. When they sell Costa I expect the actual outlay to be minimal. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Whatever this signing has behind it, it's a great signing for United. It reinforces their squad with quality and in my opinion it weakens Chelsea unless they replace him. 

I doubt we will start the season with Kante ,Bakayoko and only Cesc for cover. 

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I doubt we will start the season with Kante ,Bakayoko and only Cesc for cover. 

I don't doubt that you will leave it like that mate. But this window is very expensive and replacing him will cost you what you received and maybe more. I don't see the winning formula here in my view. 

Matic is a decent player and if he allows Pogba to get further upfield, then it will be a great move.  Plus having a proper DM sitting just in front of the defence can't hurt.  Matic just doesn't fit Conte's system, Mourinho thinks he fits his, so we will see.  Let's see how things are at Christmas.   As for the fee, everyone is over priced now days, though I hoping this season the Pogba a fee will look like a steal.

I don't see where receiving £40m in today's climatenis beneficial when you already have a player that offers quality and replacing him right now isn't cheap.

Although the possible loan deal of Renato Sanches sounds interesting if they can get him to focus on his footballing career. 

He is sooo bad. Slow but without the sense of awareness to make up for it. He can only defend when other midfielders funnel and press the ball carrier into his path.All you people calling him a 'proper DM' are going to get a wake up when they see him play. He had a great six months in Mourinho's abhorrent system gut that is all. A system player that fits only into the ugliest of styles.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

He is sooo bad. Slow but without the sense of awareness to make up for it. He can only defend when other midfielders funnel and press the ball carrier into his path.All you people calling him a 'proper DM' are going to get a wake up when they see him play. He had a great six months in Mourinho's abhorrent system gut that is all. A system player that fits only into the ugliest of styles.

You're obviously not sad to see him go. Who would you replace him with?

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You're obviously not sad to see him go. Who would you replace him with?

In an ideal world he wouldn't need to be replaced by any transfers. Ruben Loftus-Cheek would receive game time but obviously he hasn't impressed Conte. The club needs homegrown players but they are few and far apart. I'd take a player like Dier or Drinkwater for depth but that is at a stretch.

Archived