talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matic signs for Manchester United

Is it not a massive red flag for United that Chelsea are willing to let him go to them so easily? I'd've thought Chelsea are rich enough to let him go overseas on the cheap to keep him away from a rival if they wanted to.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

United away against top sides should now be a pass for most people. 

Bus parked like no other 

Pretty naive of you to think they'll only park the bus away from home...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Is it not a massive red flag for United that Chelsea are willing to let him go to them so easily? I'd've thought Chelsea are rich enough to let him go overseas on the cheap to keep him away from a rival if they wanted to.

Pretty naive of you to think they'll only park the bus away from home...

Unless they weren't ever going to get a fee like that for him abroad.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Spike said:

In an ideal world he wouldn't need to be replaced by any transfers. Ruben Loftus-Cheek would receive game time but obviously he hasn't impressed Conte. The club needs homegrown players but they are few and far apart. I'd take a player like Dier or Drinkwater for depth but that is at a stretch.

Drinkwater won't even be making our team at this rate. He's nosedived in recent months.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Let me stop you there! :4_joy:   ..the only player allowed out of the united half is Lukaku 

Damn you Happy Blue! lol, we actually created more chances than City last season but just couldn't finish them and Man City > Chelsea in terms of chance creation, see what I did there!? :|

2 minutes ago, robosys said:

Damn you Happy Blue! lol, we actually created more chances than City last season but just couldn't finish them and Man City > Chelsea in terms of chance creation, see what I did there!? :|

xD REAL chances, unlikely! 

40 million for a 29 year old that is past his best. 

Yeah, it's us that took the L… xD

Honestly, those United fans and others that say Mourinho will get the best out of him, don't even fucking realise it was Mourinho who tarnished his confidence in the first place. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Matic is a decent player and if he allows Pogba to get further upfield, then it will be a great move.  Plus having a proper DM sitting just in front of the defence can't hurt.  

Thats what I initially thought, he's better at that role, and if it gives Pogba the freedom to get further forward then it's a win for United fans. 

Negative minded people instantly thinking negative and jumping on the bus bandwagon. 9_9 

Brilliant signing for United, just the type of player they need in midfield. 

4 hours ago, Spike said:

He is sooo bad. Slow but without the sense of awareness to make up for it. He can only defend when other midfielders funnel and press the ball carrier into his path.All you people calling him a 'proper DM' are going to get a wake up when they see him play. He had a great six months in Mourinho's abhorrent system gut that is all. A system player that fits only into the ugliest of styles.

FFS He's going to be great at Man Utd.

17 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Thats what I initially thought, he's better at that role, and if it gives Pogba the freedom to get further forward then it's a win for United fans. 

Negative minded people instantly thinking negative and jumping on the bus bandwagon. 9_9 

Brilliant signing for United, just the type of player they need in midfield. 

Laughable, You praise anything 'United' ever do.

They've spent an absolute fortune once again, even if they become more competitive, the football will be as dour as before.

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

40 million for a 29 year old that is past his best. 

Yeah, it's us that took the L… xD

Honestly, those United fans and others that say Mourinho will get the best out of him, don't even fucking realise it was Mourinho who tarnished his confidence in the first place. 

Well, as a CDM or CM, you have till 33 before age starts to really tell on you, you aren't required to run around you know? just spread the ball around, Alonso, Cambiasso, Carrick, Pirlo, Scholes, fucking Barry etc so yeah, got about 5 years worth of footy in him at 29 ¬¬

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

That and a good striker TB xD the fee.... it reminds me of Mourinho signing milito(age 30) risky move and the fee a bit high but at the end it was worth it. Silly Chelsea fans have some kind of memory loss, they keep forgeting who made chelsea great. For example, mourinho could of taken a chance with Morata like he did with young drogba, but instead he tooks chelsea's top target and now chelsea is stuck with an average striker and a questionable midfield 

An average striker you rated higher than your current one initially whilst completely blowing a different tune now the change of events occurred. 

If we ended up getting Lukaku and United got Morata, you would be spewing the same bollocks. How Lukaku doesn't do well in big games and how Morata is a better football or some other nonsense. The fact you continue to defend your position is quite literally comedy gold. Keep it up xD

Not upset we sold you Matic in the slightest, quite the contrary. We were actually upset when we sold you Mata and feared he could take you to the next level. Looks like that didn't pan out. 

Enjoy our rejects :coffee:

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Mourinho knows best ffs, he has won more CLs than Chelsea... with porto and inter. 

Man utd gets an experience midfielder, the type of midfielder mou likes. Also, if one of Chelsea's midfielders gets seriously injured chelsea will be fucked. I expect several panic buys from chelsea cause they are going to have a hard time keeping up with city, man utd, and spurs. 

Won more with two clubs? Well fuck me :dam:

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

I just find it funny how United fans are all of a sudden experts on Matic and are refusing any criticism from us Chelsea fans who've seen him play week in week out. xD

He joined the biggest club in the Universe, he became World Class just by doing that

Class for Benfica.

For the whole of 2014 when he re-joined us he was one of our best players, one of my favourites that year especially because we had been lacking a player like him in the team for a while, I remember being gutted that he couldn't play in the Champions League that season because he had re-joined us in January and had already played for Benfica in the competition. He started to dip at the end of 2014 and hence he was only decent for half of the title winning 2014/15 season with Mourinho and it's true that since that dip from around December 2014 he has never fully recovered his consistency or the form he's capable of. To continue, 2015/16 was a joke from all the Chelsea players and Matic was no exception but I remember thinking at the end of that season we should give him another season as if Conte could get him playing at his best again, we'd be sorted. He started Conte's first season very well, I would say for the first 2-4 months of last season he was playing well, (still not his 2014 best) but not too far away from that level, then for whatever reason he dipped again. Every team has scapegoats, those players who are always singled out first by the fans when things go wrong and it's true that Matic has been in that list alongside Cahill, Alonso and Moses which perhaps tell you something about his overall status and form for Chelsea under Conte.

For Man United? A new challenge and environment I believe will see him playing well again (I doubt to his 2014 level but to a good level nevertheless like the first 2-4 months under Conte perhaps) , he'll plug a gap for Mourinho and help ease Herrera's work load in that part of the pitch. If you want to see the best of Matic ask @Machado or watch some clips of him from 2014, Man City away immediately springs to mind. If you want to see him at his worst and to see why he can get so much stick from Chelsea fans watch his performance in the FA Cup final, too passive, he's lost some intensity to his game since that dip in form at the end of 2014. As I said, I think he'll do well for Man United but the amount of consistency you'll get from him throughout the season remains to be seen. Am I sad to see him go? No. He'll do well for Man United for 1 or 2 seasons and if Man United win trophies with Matic playing the majority of games next season I guess you will be able to say he's been a decent signing however for 40M, you can't help but be slightly uninspired at the same time.

Archived