talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

0-0 at half time.

Doesn't really help anyone other than give Leicester a tiny lift for the final day, as Leicester winning and Everton failing to win means Leicester stay up on goal difference.

Sadly don't think Everton will fail to win. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s poor that it took until the last ten minutes for Leicester to go forward. Fucking useless 

What a shit weekend this has been. We cock up our chance at top four, City win the league and these fuckers get Champions League next season. 

• Subscriber

I swear to god I was ready to commit a few murders if Leicester nicked that.

It's a good point for them to be fair. Puts them in pole position to nick 17th ahead of Leeds if Everton don't win.

Newcastle in the CL and Leicester getting a good point in fairness, but might not be enough at this stage.

So Leeds, Leicester and Everton to fight for survival on the final day. I'll be surprised if Everton don't beat Bournemouth, but Everton drawing would be enough for Leicester or Leeds (to a lesser extent) to overtake them on goal difference.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Rick said:

It’s poor that it took until the last ten minutes for Leicester to go forward. Fucking useless 

What a shit weekend this has been. We cock up our chance at top four, City win the league and these fuckers get Champions League next season. 

Very lucky, but also very unfortunate to not have nicked it at the end. As for going forward, surely as a sane football fan you can see why we played ultra defensive all game, only to go and nearly shithouse a victory?

Open up earlier on and we get fucked over by a free-scoring Newcastle and get dicked 4-0 or 5-0? What use would that be? There's a reason why we've played like we did today and I totally understand it. Not content or happy about it, but can realise the logic behind it.

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It was like three lines of low block for 90 minutes,  it just kills football.. 

Aw, diddums. Are you Rodri in disguise? He hates when teams don't play how they want them to? Maybe we should just bend over for teams like you and just take the hammering? Sorry, but that's not how football works.

Watching Newcastle try and score was like watching a Spider trying to crawl out of a wet bath.

Yes it was anti football by Leicester and you don't like to see it rewarded but I thought Newcastle were lucky not to play 82mins with 10 men.

That's an absolute poor challenge by Bruno and you'd love to hear exactly the converstation between the VAR guys as to why that doesn't go further.

I'm convinced we'd get a Red if we did that challenge.

Difficult without Willock and Joelinton to get our pace right.

More teams will park the bus against us next season so we need to find the keys for that. I've been shocked for months that it hasn't been happening. For a lot of teams it hadn't really sunk in that we are a Champions League team. Now they'll believe it instead of thinking they can out do us all the time.

Leicester showing the way that we will likely see a lot of at St James' moving forward.

• Subscriber

On the Bruno red, we make nowhere near of a fuss, as a team and a club in general. We've lowkey had absolutely nothing off officials all season. We need to stand up for ourselves.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Watching Newcastle try and score was like watching a Spider trying to crawl out of a wet bath.

Yes it was anti football by Leicester and you don't like to see it rewarded but I thought Newcastle were lucky not to play 82mins with 10 men.

That's an absolute poor challenge by Bruno and you'd love to hear exactly the converstation between the VAR guys as to why that doesn't go further.

I'm convinced we'd get a Red if we did that challenge.

If Soumare does it on Guimaraes it's a red. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Soumare does it on Guimaraes it's a red. 

Probably.

This is why we need to hear the conversations going on when the VAR guys are reviewing it, so we can at least understand at the time why they are deciding not to esculate it to red.

I look at this image and I really don't get it. And this is from someone that would have wanted Newcastle to win 200% tonight for obvious reasons.

• Subscriber

The fight was there. The luck was there. The brain wasn't. The quality wasn't.

I think all this ultimately will serve to do is prolong the pain.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived