talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Chelsea are properly shit. I wouldn’t take this job with these some of these mercenaries in the squad. That Mudryk chance was a joke. 

I don't know how so many players across the entire season can be so bad in front of goal... it beggars belief!! 

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Okay that’s enough for me. Thursday nights it is. 

I'm surprised you had any faith in Chelsea to help us. They can't even help themselves. Clueless ownership, no real stable planning for the future... or even for the short term, and players that don't look like they give a fuck so long as they keep getting paid.

• Administrator

Imagine if Chelsea didn't have Tuchel at the start of the season and had Lampard at the start. 

I know they would have got rid, but they'd be in a relegation battle if Lampard was there from the start. 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm surprised you had any faith in Chelsea to help us. They can't even help themselves. Clueless ownership, no real stable planning for the future... or even for the short term, and players that don't look like they give a fuck so long as they keep getting paid.

I didn’t really expect anything from them wasters. It was just the last time tiny unrealistic possibility I was clinging to. But Chelsea are genuinely the most toothless side in the league right now. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

I didn’t really expect anything from them wasters. It was just the last time tiny unrealistic possibility I was clinging to. But Chelsea are genuinely the most toothless side in the league right now. 

There's a reason they could finish as low as 14th. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Stan said:

Imagine if Chelsea didn't have Tuchel at the start of the season and had Lampard at the start. 

I know they would have got rid, but they'd be in a relegation battle if Lampard was there from the start. 

51 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'm not even disappointed. Given how absolutely crap we were for most of the season, us getting 5th indicates that if we aren't totally shit next year we can definitely do some damage next year.

52 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm not even disappointed. Given how absolutely crap we were for most of the season, us getting 5th indicates that if we aren't totally shit next year we can definitely do some damage next year.

Yeah, it can’t be any worse than this one…

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, it can’t be any worse than this one…

I mean it can be, but we’d have to be totally shit.

And honestly for playing as bad as we did for so long… I’m not even sure we deserve Europa League football, so to somehow squeak 5th place despite looking lost for so long is pretty fortunate. If more teams turned up against us in that long stretch where it felt like anyone could beat us… we’d be in a much worse position. Either we got incredibly lucky navigating results while the side looked asleep other than Alisson at times… or there’s a lot of shit teams in the league.

I’m optimistic that with wages freed up by the departing players, we’re likely going to see some incoming transfers - regardless of FSG’s penny pinching habits, they need the CL revenue. For them to make the most money off their football club, they’ll want us in the CL as much as possible. Firmino & Milner were important in our best years with Klopp - Oxlade-Chamberlain & Keita on pretty large wages as well. We won’t be buying Bellingham… but we need multiple midfielders and probably a defender.

If they address the needs the squad has like I think they have to, and those signings pan out… we have a good chance at a much better season.

Obviously it could go bad if the new signings end up being shit or we don’t make any xD but I think with a bit of a refresh in the midfield we’ve probably got a good chance at a decent season.

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Zero composure when it matters. 

This Mudryk lad is worse than Werner. 

He’s 22 and he’s come into a Chelsea side that were/are not up to much. He’s probably a better player than what he’s shown.

United were on a mission today, Chelsea look like they have for a while - feeling sorry for themselves and wanting the season to end. It’s not surprising what could have been a more even match ends up a thrashing where one team had chances but just couldn’t score, imo.

I’d be patient with him. You paid over the odds for a kid from the Ukrainian league just to stop Arsenal from getting him & he’s got a long contract, so it seems only logical to wait for him to adjust to the massive step up. Plus he’s got 7 years left or something, so he’s probably sticking around for a while might as well be patient.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s 22 and he’s come into a Chelsea side that were/are not up to much. He’s probably a better player than what he’s shown.

United were on a mission today, Chelsea look like they have for a while - feeling sorry for themselves and wanting the season to end. It’s not surprising what could have been a more even match ends up a thrashing where one team had chances but just couldn’t score, imo.

I’d be patient with him. You paid over the odds for a kid from the Ukrainian league just to stop Arsenal from getting him & he’s got a long contract, so it seems only logical to wait for him to adjust to the massive step up. Plus he’s got 7 years left or something, so he’s probably sticking around for a while might as well be patient.

He was and is a completely unnecessary signing who looks more interested in posting on social media than actually improving his football. 

Flash of talent here and there but no where near good enough. I expect loads of improvement under an actual manager. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived