talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 37 Fixtures - 20-25th May, 2023

• Subscriber

Certainly didn't look on the cards when Brentford blew them away 4-0 in 45 minutes in the first few games of the season.

It's really difficult to unpick the rot at football clubs these days when things get toxic and a bad mentality sets in. Look at Man Utd over the years, Chelsea and Spurs recently. You can see it at Everton, and plenty of clubs who have had to go through a relegation or two to clean the decks and make a fresh start like Leeds and Sunderland. Ten Hag has done a decent job for his first season. A lot of work still ahead though to turn that club properly around.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Certainly didn't look on the cards when Brentford blew them away 4-0 in 45 minutes in the first few games of the season.

It's really difficult to unpick the rot at football clubs these days when things get toxic and a bad mentality sets in. Look at Man Utd over the years, Chelsea and Spurs recently. You can see it at Everton, and plenty of clubs who have had to go through a relegation or two to clean the decks and make a fresh start like Leeds and Sunderland. Ten Hag has done a decent job for his first season. A lot of work still ahead though to turn that club properly around.

Winning the Ronaldo fight really helped him establish his authority at the club as well.

Yeah, getting Ronaldo out was a real positive turning point. The Tottenham victory when he left early to attract headlines was a prime example of why the team needed him removed to move forwards. 

Ten Hag got fortunate that the likes of Pogba and Lingard were leaving as he was arriving, but he handled the Ronaldo situation well by giving him some rope and letting him do the rest.

I switched off our game after 2-0 last night which is unusual for me.. I just don't think I can tolerate any more rinse and repeat and just want the season to be over now.. It's been such embarrassing stuff from us that the club rightly postponed the end of season awards and just handed out dog turds to everyone in little black poop bags..  

Lot's of reasons why this season has gone tits up for me but all that aside and in defence of Potter and to a degree Lampard you have to wonder what the fuck you can do with players when these are the sorts of performances they are putting in??? 

Sadly the story of our season.. hopefully on to something better next season.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived